June 12th: "Riley mulled Lakers post"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: June 12th: "Riley mulled Lakers post"

Riley mulled Lakers post
Says he might have taken L.A. job with O'Neal-Bryant peace

June 12, 2006

DALLAS -- With the crush of media covering the NBA Finals, it was inevitable that Miami coach Pat Riley would be asked about his brief flirtation with the Lakers after Phil Jackson was let go in 2004.

Riley got permission from Heat owner Mickey Arison to talk to the Lakers and said he wanted to try to get Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant to get past their differences and perhaps play for him.

Click here to find out more!
"I don't know if I would've taken the job," Riley said. "The only way would've been if there was a way to keep Shaq and Kobe together."

Riley said he asked for the players' phone numbers and said he never understood teams breaking up a championship group.

"You let it run its course," Riley said. "I'm sure the big guy, O'Neal, would've taken less money. It seemed to have gone beyond money."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: