June 23rd: Draft Preview

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: June 23rd: Draft Preview

Ask Sam Smith

snippet:

I haven't heard you touch on the possibility of Lamar Odom's acquisition from the Lakers. It's a given that he's a risk in that he's got two strikes against the league's drug policy and like anyone else is unknown how he would mesh under Skiles and with the team. I feel his skill set would appeal to the Bulls' needs more than his physical attributes. I remember Lamar stating that he didn't like playing the "4" with the Clippers before the arrival of Elton Brand. How would you see him fitting in with the Bulls, both on the court and in a trade? --Jared, Reno, Nev.

You answer it pretty well. The Bulls are looking for leadership in a veteran, and that's Lamar's weakness. He's just too much of a risk for the Bulls despite his appealing skills. I hear this rumor a lot and from the checking I have been able to do it appears to be another internet rumor without foundation.

Last edited by Phil on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject:

Los Angeles Lakers 2006 Draft Preview

(Sports Network) - The Los Angeles Lakers returned to the playoffs after a one-year absence. They finished 45-37 during the regular season, but lost in seven games in the first round of the postseason to the Phoenix Suns.

Superstar Kobe Bryant had an unbelievable season, while head coach Phil Jackson returned to the Lakers after a one-year hiatus. The Lakers also got a decent season from forward Lamar Odom and a surprising campaign from guard Smush Parker.

Bryant, who scored an unbelievable 81 points on January 22nd against Toronto, led the league in scoring (35.4 ppg) this past season. He was a one-man show and continued to build his legacy with his clutch performances.

Odom was second on the club in scoring (14.8 ppg) and led the Lakers in rebounding (9.2 rpg) and assists (5.5 apg). The 6-4 Parker, who has also played for Cleveland, Detroit and Phoenix, surprised most with his excellent season, as he played in all 82 games for the Lakers and averaged 11.5 points and 3.7 assists per contest.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: