TWOLVES -at- LAKERS - 11/9 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: TWOLVES -at- LAKERS - 11/9 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

kawai442 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
kawai442 wrote:
I'm not sure how you can rate Mihm anything but horrible out there. He was pushed around on both sides of the board.

This has nothing to do with effort but imo conditioning at this point.

Both sides? He killed the TWolves on the offensive glass. Even the great rebound stats he had on that end don't reflect the number of times he kept possessions alive. The second chances and putback scores we got from him were key.

Certainly his D has issues still, as I mentioned...but he was causing the TWolves a lot of problems in their interior.

I'm sorry but keeping balls alive on tip in drills don't do it for me. On offense he had bad hands and was easily pushed around. On defense again he was pushed around. The Timberwolves were pretty weak in the interior rebounding regardless of whom we put in the game. Ratliff is just a shell of a player that he was before.

Offensive boards were about the only thing Mihm contributed but overall his impact was a negative not a positive.

This isn't about effort. At this point, he has no conditioning, strength or timing.

You're forgetting one HUGE plus that Mihm provided last night. Even though he had issues on the defensive end, he still kept Cook on the bench. If Mihm wasn't available to play last night, then Cook would've seen considerable time out there as has been the case over the past 2 seasons...
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject:

The best part of Chris's game has always been on the offensive glass. Getting 5 boards and a number of other hustle plays on that end was a key for our team no matter how you slice it. A double-double in 21 minutes. That's not a total negative factor and was really one of the first times he started looking like his old self. So what ever "pushing around" that happened to him on the offensive end, he gave it back.

He's never been a consistent anchor and he/Lamar have struggled to control the boards at times in the past. Right now, his D is not there, but he's looking a hair better than when he first got out there. The reason I think we struggled a bit at times late in the game was more of a Phil decision... When Phil went to that Mihm/Lamar/Luke trio instead of Mihm/Turiaf/Lamar, which would did a much better job on the glass. That bigger trio was out on the floor to start the third when the Lakers took control of the game for the first time all night and had that 10-0 run. The TWolves may be a little weak on the interior, but you're still better off running Mihm with Turiaf/LO instead of Luke or Cook out there which will expose some of Mihm's weaknesses.

Bottomline, though, was a double-double in 21 minutes from a guy who is most likely our third string center. That's not deserving of a rating of "horrible."
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Is it just me or does DB always use for Phil?

Anyway, nice job. Love reading these.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
The best part of Chris's game has always been on the offensive glass. Getting 5 boards and a number of other hustle plays on that end was a key for our team no matter how you slice it. A double-double in 21 minutes. That's not a total negative factor and was really one of the first times he started looking like his old self. So what ever "pushing around" that happened to him on the offensive end, he gave it back.

He's never been a consistent anchor and he/Lamar have struggled to control the boards at times in the past. Right now, his D is not there, but he's looking a hair better than when he first got out there. The reason I think we struggled a bit at times late in the game was more of a Phil decision... When Phil went to that Mihm/Lamar/Luke trio instead of Mihm/Turiaf/Lamar, which would did a much better job on the glass. That bigger trio was out on the floor to start the third when the Lakers took control of the game for the first time all night and had that 10-0 run. The TWolves may be a little weak on the interior, but you're still better off running Mihm with Turiaf/LO instead of Luke or Cook out there which will expose some of Mihm's weaknesses.

Bottomline, though, was a double-double in 21 minutes from a guy who is most likely our third string center. That's not deserving of a rating of "horrible."
What is PJ trying to learn with the Mihm/LO/Luke combination? Could it be a "flow lineup" since these players have better offensive skills than defensive. If they have Kobe/DFish in the lineup, it would be experienced and clutch lineup. With Farmar & Critt/Sasha/Mo in the backcourt, they would have a relatively "speed lineup."

"PC move for Phil will be Crit, Karl and rotating one other player depending on match up."
Does PJ care about PC moves?!?!?!?! At this time, Cookie is taking up a valuable active roster spot - hence deserves to be on the IR many times. I have always wondered what tangible and usable skills that Cookie brings, even though he appears to be a nice guy. His major difficicncies - everything besides shooting - makes it difficult to keep him on the court and he appears to need PT to get his stroke going, as oppose to somebody like Vinnie Johnson who is instant offense (most of the time - hence his nickname "The Microwave").
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject:

thanks for the awsome recap! i feel like i was at the game !!!!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
Is it just me or does DB always use for Phil?

He plays a lot of mind games and is generally a sneaky kind of coach. He used Luke and LO's flexibility to keep Sasha and Cook out of the game for the most part, and was taking subtle jabs at Kwame. So, the is really the best smilie for when Phil is being his sneaky self.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

"PC move for Phil will be Crit, Karl and rotating one other player depending on match up."
Does PJ care about PC moves?!?!?!?!

Probably until the trading deadline.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: