BULLS -at- LAKERS - 11/18 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject:

Thanks, DB. The production we're getting from our bench is unbelievable. It was good to see Walton play well. Maybe he's getting used to coming off the bench again. I agree that Kwame's injury did not look good. I bet he's going to be out a while. Some guys in sports just seem to get injured a lot. I think Kwame fits into that category. I hope he's ok.

Last edited by BigE32 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
LongtimeLakerLover
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject:

Thanks man. Your recap is always the best.

The Lakers are workin' it out!
VujacicFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject:

Great job. I read your recaps just to see what Sasha will receive.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject:

thanks DB, I love how you've broken up each breakdown, with an overview, stats & action.

farmar continues to impress me, hope he keeps this up throughout the year!
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject:

Like the stats and the actions format.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject:

The "Kobettes" are doing an excellent job of bringing execution, energy and intensity.

More great work from JoFar and Bynum. You can't help but be inspired by the hard work those two have put in to be able to play at this level.
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject:

Great recap. Thanks.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject:

Siguy wrote:
That was a very banged up Bulls team, but you don't win by 28 just because the other team is missing one guy.

Our team is banged up as well, we lost our starting center and power forward. It was an even match and we killed them.
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject:

Farmar is the man.

The lakers will get prince.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject:

Good job, DB.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB, great knowing when I miss a game, I can count on this thread.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mel Gibson getting as many boos as cheers when he was shown on the Staples big screen. Ouch.

Haha, yeah it was hilarious. Right before they had an actor from Entourage (sorry don't watch. I don't think it was the one who plays Ari Gold), and all of Staples erupted. He probably got more cheers than Fisher, and a little less than Kobe
jaidai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject:

Awesome DB!
What were kobe's reason's for wanting a trade again?

The laker front office lied to him that they wanted to build a contender now?

By the looks of the last few games, we might not have championship contender this year, but next year looks real good!

I say take the kobe off the block, and if he walks out in two years - who cares? bynum and farmar will be franchise players by then!!!

http://www.hierosites.com
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Phil thought Bynum got a little winded starting the second half.

Where did you read this? Or hear it? Is this your take on it, or did Phil actually say this?

DancingBarry wrote:
With Kwame out, I imagine he'll probably go to Mihm in the starting spot and Bynum will continue to work with the bench unit.

What do you think it will take for Bynum to get the starting position (aside from injuries)? Part of me likes the idea of having him as 6th or 7th man and give some boost to the bench along with Farmar, but at what point will his skills be better suited to start? Is it a conditioning issue? His offense is better than Kwame's, and I suspect his defense is better than Mihm's. So when can we see him start (or is it better to see him finish)? Do the best players always need to start?

DancingBarry wrote:
The Lakers should have done a better job getting the ball into Bynum in this game. The Bulls can't match up with his length, especially when they throw guys like Joe Smith on him.

This is my one complaint over all the games this season: not enough passes down low. Too much perimeter game. Is that a result of the coaching, of the plays called, or is it little confidence on the part of the ball handlers to pass the ball inside for fear of a black hole or inept down low play?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject:

By the way, I love this pic. Look how high Kobe is above everyone else. If I didn't already have such a great avatar, I would be sporting this as mine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject:

I think once again this game shows that the 1st unit is nowhere near execution wise of the 2nd unit. Bryant's shot was flat, Lamar was still not finishing plays the way he is capable of and well Fisher's always been a streak scorer.

Still, the defensive tone is set by the starters. Once Ronny is back starting, we'll need to probably keep Kobe, Odom, Fish and Ronny in the starting lineup, for no other reason than defense. They have the most experience and cohesive ability to play D.

The interesting this is what Phil will do at Center. I don't think Mihm is going to help the starters much. But then you have to consider how great the 2nd unit is playing, and that is in large part due to Bynum. I guess for now, maybe he goes with Mihm but we'll eventually need to start playing much better to begin games. We can not keep relying on the 2nd unit to bring it home for us.

A few things I noticed - Kobe's shot was flat, Andrew's energy was a bit lower and he seemed to not be dunking as much as he could and Cook seems to be suffering in a major shooting slump. I would like to see that change on this east coast road swing. Lamar is about 2 more weeks away IMO from being 100%.

2 out of the next 3 would be solid.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject:

The one thing I love about the Lakers this season is that their defense is keeping them in games even when their offense stalls. Last year, the team won games solely on offensive execution. If the Lakers struggled offensively, then it was game over. This year is completely different. The offense isn't where I would like it to be as far as consistent execution. However, with the way the team is playing defense, all the Lakers need is one good offensive push to gain separation, which is exactly what has happened over the last 2 games...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
The one thing I love about the Lakers this season is that their defense is keeping them in games even when their offense stalls. Last year, the team won games solely on offensive execution. If the Lakers struggled offensively, then it was game over. This year is completely different. The offense isn't where I would like it to be as far as consistent execution. However, with the way the team is playing defense, all the Lakers need is one good offensive push to gain separation, which is exactly what has happened over the last 2 games...

Exactly. They had no business being in the game with Detroit after the way they shot in the first 3 quarters. But they gutted it out on defense, didn't turn it over, and gobbled up all available rebounds. That keeps you in games. That also wins in the playoffs.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Phil thought Bynum got a little winded starting the second half.

Where did you read this? Or hear it? Is this your take on it, or did Phil actually say this?

Phil said it in the post-game interviews.

Quote:

DancingBarry wrote:
With Kwame out, I imagine he'll probably go to Mihm in the starting spot and Bynum will continue to work with the bench unit.

What do you think it will take for Bynum to get the starting position (aside from injuries)? Part of me likes the idea of having him as 6th or 7th man and give some boost to the bench along with Farmar, but at what point will his skills be better suited to start? Is it a conditioning issue? His offense is better than Kwame's, and I suspect his defense is better than Mihm's. So when can we see him start (or is it better to see him finish)? Do the best players always need to start?

No, the best players don't need to start. Look at Manu in San Antonio or Terry in Dallas. Or Horry coming off the bench for guys like Samaki.

Phil is concerned about Bynum's long-term conditioning, and has said as much. He doesn't want to see him bonk in the middle of the season.
Quote:

DancingBarry wrote:
The Lakers should have done a better job getting the ball into Bynum in this game. The Bulls can't match up with his length, especially when they throw guys like Joe Smith on him.

This is my one complaint over all the games this season: not enough passes down low. Too much perimeter game. Is that a result of the coaching, of the plays called, or is it little confidence on the part of the ball handlers to pass the ball inside for fear of a black hole or inept down low play?

Probably all of the above.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
DB - Love your new modified format, highlighting the stats and the action. Quite honestly, I skim the play by play action recaps but I'm always interested in your smiley ratings and analysis of each players performance. Great job a always.

I figure some people do that, so this format not only breaks up the large copy blocks but splits up that info. Still, I do put some commentary into the action area. I might be able to refer to that a little more in the intro to each player if I don't want something to get overlooked.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry where can I find your game recap for the Detroit game or when they're gone that's it? I was looking forward to reading that one also.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject:

melo061 wrote:
DB- What do you think about the Laker's inability to use Kobe bryant effectively? We all know he is best 15 feet, at the wing. However, this season we barely see him there. Why is that?

Kobe's shot seems a little off right now in general. But I think the team is pretty much going through the motions of the offense at times. They don't quite know how to pick apart teams using the Tri. It's November, and that always seems to be the case this time of year. It will improve.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
DancingBarry where can I find your game recap for the Detroit game or when they're gone that's it? I was looking forward to reading that one also.

Click on the Forums tab above, scroll down and you will see a forum for the Ratings/Game Flow. All archived games are there.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:

Click on the Forums tab above, scroll down and you will see a forum for the Ratings/Game Flow. All archived games are there.

Thanks DB, I went there and was LMAO at you're write up !!! Had me literally on the floor, thanks and keep up the good work.
Alpha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I think once again this game shows that the 1st unit is nowhere near execution wise of the 2nd unit. Bryant's shot was flat, Lamar was still not finishing plays the way he is capable of and well Fisher's always been a streak scorer.

Still, the defensive tone is set by the starters. Once Ronny is back starting, we'll need to probably keep Kobe, Odom, Fish and Ronny in the starting lineup, for no other reason than defense. They have the most experience and cohesive ability to play D.

The interesting this is what Phil will do at Center. I don't think Mihm is going to help the starters much. But then you have to consider how great the 2nd unit is playing, and that is in large part due to Bynum. I guess for now, maybe he goes with Mihm but we'll eventually need to start playing much better to begin games. We can not keep relying on the 2nd unit to bring it home for us.

A few things I noticed - Kobe's shot was flat, Andrew's energy was a bit lower and he seemed to not be dunking as much as he could and Cook seems to be suffering in a major shooting slump. I would like to see that change on this east coast road swing. Lamar is about 2 more weeks away IMO from being 100%.

2 out of the next 3 would be solid.

From the games I've been able to see I have to agree with you regarding the 1st vs 2nd unit. PJ's going to have to do some delicate juggling regarding rotations/line ups. With the youth/injured needing conditioning/recovery time, Kobe should be seeing an infinite amount of line ups around him throughout the year.

btw, DB, ditto on EB's kudo's on your new format!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: