LAKERS -at- BUCKS - 11/21 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject:

I only saw the 4th quarter, but in that quarter the Lakers were chucking up a lot of outside shots and completely ignoring the post.

Inside-Out, not Outside-Out is a better way to go.

These Lakers should beat those Bucks every time, give them a mulligan for the back to back on this one.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I only saw the 4th quarter, but in that quarter the Lakers were chucking up a lot of outside shots and completely ignoring the post.

Inside-Out, not Outside-Out is a better way to go.

These Lakers should beat those Bucks every time, give them a mulligan for the back to back on this one.

Lanny, since when YOU are giving a mullligan?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:

Considering how many I accept on the golf course, I am probably due to give out a few!

Big picture, the Lakers are playing very well so far....much better than I or most people expected after all the summer drama. Bucks loss was disappointing because the Lakers should handle that team, but in the overall scheme of things I doubt it will matter much.

Happy Thanksgiving!
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:

Considering how many I accept on the golf course, I am probably due to give out a few!

Big picture, the Lakers are playing very well so far....much better than I or most people expected after all the summer drama. Bucks loss was disappointing because the Lakers should handle that team, but in the overall scheme of things I doubt it will matter much.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know, I am just teasing you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, my friend! Don't eat too much of that turkey - we've got a game tomorrow
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject:

thanks very much ! your work is always appreciated !!!!!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Alpha wrote:
thanks for your dedication and hard work DB... have a great thanksgiving with the family!

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all our LGers celebrating it today.
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB.

Glad to hear that Vlad is showing some defensive spirit. I remember in the Detroit game he let Prince fly right by him along the baseline. Hopefully he keeps reading the triangle well and uses his feet instead of his hands on defense.

It seems like we were catching a lot teams on back-to-backs. This game we were even in that regard. Mihm still needs time in terms of handling a back-to-back. With a healthy Kwame, I dont' think Mihm would have played.

Quote:
on another note, i have league pass, so i got the bucks announcers, and they were giving props to the lakers d throughout the first 3 1/2 quarters. over and over again, praising how we get after it on defense. been a long time since i heard that. but good to hear from a non biased 3rd party.

Quote:
Ronny Turiaf knows multiple languages, but he got crossed up when talking trash on the bench after Vladimir Radmanovic hit a shot over Milwaukee’s Yi Jianlian from China. “Sayonara!” Turiaf said in Japanese.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject:

The whole team was a little lackadaisical. You could blame it on being the 2nd of a back-to-back, but the Bucks played the night before as well.

It seems like Redd has finally learned to play against Kobe. It used to be that Kobe could psyche him out, shut him down and put Redd in a funk. Lately, Redd's been very aggressive against him and the Bucks have been tough for the Lakers.

Defensively, the Lakers just didn't have it after the 1st quarter. Bynum had 10 boards in the 1st, 3 for the remainder of the game because the Bucks shot 60% from the 2nd-on.

Ok, LO sucked. No other way to put it. So did Mihm. The team got 3-happy even though they weren't making many.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hopefully some dessert on Friday. We finally get a Lakers/Celtics game that has some real star power and intrigue.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Sorry for the delay posting this. I was out all evening.
Hey, your breakdown was well worth the wait and you deservie a little respite during this Thanksgiving holiday!! fyi: I hope that you family is having a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving holiday!

DB - who do you think or what do you think are the key things/factors that we should watch as this young team learns how to win on the road?
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
watch as this young team learns how to win on the road?

I guess you didn't see us beating Phoenix, Houston and Indiana. but yeah I guess unless we win every road game we have to learn how to win it.. i guess that means the Suns should learn how to win on the road.. they did lose to the Hawks.
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Thanks as always DB, even on the rare occasions when i do get to see the game (like tonights) i always love reading your recaps.
One thing that stuck out to me was how well Drew and Vlade work together and how much more comfortable Vlade looks in the offense, especially with his cuts and some of his passes. Hopefully he can continue that because thats another unexpected contributor after last seasons nightmare. He has way more tools than Cook as evidenced in the reverse throwdown that kinda took me by surprise.
Tough loss, but im happy with the start to the season and the improvement shown by some of the younglings. We can only get better providing we stay healthy.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

DB - who do you think or what do you think are the key things/factors that we should watch as this young team learns how to win on the road?

First off, defense needs to be the one constant. You don't have your crowd behind you to give you confidence offensively. Play D. Try to create some easy transition baskets. Have each other's backs. Make that your foundation.

So, for our young guys that means Farmar disrupting the passing lanes and pushing transition; Bynum anchoring and controlling the glass; Turiaf doing his thing; Ariza mixing it up with his energy (hopefully defending multiple positions) and boarding.

Offensively, obviously they have to play with intelligent effort and all that...but for the young guys, look to see if they can impose their will on an opponent in a hostile environment. Can they deliver "impact" ball on the road with some consistency?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
watch as this young team learns how to win on the road?
I guess you didn't see us beating Phoenix, Houston and Indiana. but yeah I guess unless we win every road game we have to learn how to win it.. i guess that means the Suns should learn how to win on the road.. they did lose to the Hawks.
Interested in hearing how you feel that the Bucks are better than Phoenix (since you had highlighted that the Lakers had beaten the Suns. Houston and Indiana are presently having problems.

What are your observations of beating teams on the 2nd game of a back-to-back since they have proven that the Lakers have starting to show that when they are rested they can beat a team playing the 2nd game of a back-to-back.

There will be times that an opposing team is just better on that night, it is different when a team defeats itself - as was done at the game with the Bucks.

Looking forward to your observations on how the Lakers can build a mental toughness to win back-to-back road games - in addition to DB's comments.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
First off, defense needs to be the one constant. You don't have your crowd behind you to give you confidence offensively. Play D. Try to create some easy transition baskets. Have each other's backs. Make that your foundation.

So, for our young guys that means Farmar disrupting the passing lanes and pushing transition; Bynum anchoring and controlling the glass; Turiaf doing his thing; Ariza mixing it up with his energy (hopefully defending multiple positions) and boarding.

Offensively, obviously they have to play with intelligent effort and all that...but for the young guys, look to see if they can impose their will on an opponent in a hostile environment. Can they deliver "impact" ball on the road with some consistency?

I agree that "D" has to be a consistent. How long before the Lakers can adjust of having Mihm's defensive prowess, as oppose to Kwame (acknowledging that Kwame's offense is negligible) - along with not having Mo while integrating Trevor into the rotations. Do you think that Crit can replace Mo's role while integrating Trevor into the rotations?

Do you think that with the Lakers' current lineup that a good defensive team could consist of Farmar, Crit, Trevor, Kobe and Bynum?

If Farmar is having one of those nights that will always comeup where he is not providing "impact minutes" - who do you think would be able to do that at the point - acknowledging that it would not be wise (IMO) to have Kobe/LO doing this on any consistent basis.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

I agree that "D" has to be a consistent. How long before the Lakers can adjust of having Mihm's defensive prowess, as oppose to Kwame (acknowledging that Kwame's offense is negligible) - along with not having Mo while integrating Trevor into the rotations. Do you think that Crit can replace Mo's role while integrating Trevor into the rotations?

Hard to say. A lot depends on Ariza's ability to pick it up. I'd definitely like to see Crit more, but it's doubtful that happens in close games. Phil will default to Sasha right now.

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

Do you think that with the Lakers' current lineup that a good defensive team could consist of Farmar, Crit, Trevor, Kobe and Bynum?

Crit is best defensively at the 1. He surprises guards with his length. He loses that at the 2 and isn't savvy enough yet to be anything more than average at the 2 defensively.

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

If Farmar is having one of those nights that will always comeup where he is not providing "impact minutes" - who do you think would be able to do that at the point - acknowledging that it would not be wise (IMO) to have Kobe/LO doing this on any consistent basis.

Other guys, like LO, need to play at a higher level. Fish played well enough the last game...but because we didn't have Turiaf/Odom doing damage and our bench was a little thinner because of Kwame/Ariza, we were more desperate for Farmar to pick us up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: