WARRIORS -at- LAKERS - 12/09 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
^^^It's more important to understand your strengths and limitations in the triangle than it is to be a good shooter. Case in point, Lamar Odom. The guy continues to shoot jumpshots when he is not a good jumpshooter. All that height, all that size, and without the good sense God gave him to use it.

Ron Harper.

I agree shooting isn't the be all. It is about finding the gaps in the defense. Ron was great at this and even though he was lucky to draw iron at times he was still solid for Chicago.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
Nice win. Couple of things I noticed...

1) Kobe really doesn't seem comfortable with his jumper lately. It's just so on and off. Granted, he did get fouled a LOT without calls (I counted at least 4 or 5 missed calls in the first half), but he still missed shots that I have grown accustomed to him making. Also, I notice that when he posts up, he makes his move a bit too late and allows the double team to come over. I understand him wanting to split them, and having the option of dishing it to an open teammate, but he'd put the most strain on the defense if he made his attacking move quicker. The interior defender would have to rotate over, and Kobe could just dish it off to Drew for an easy 2.

2) Ariza still doesn't know the system that well. His defense is great, and his activity has been very good rebound-wise, but his cuts have been awful at times. On one occasion, I saw him cut towards Kobe while Kobe was posting up. It killed the floor spacing and helped the Warriors rotate into a double team. I also saw him miss a cut that he should have made at one point. This stuff will come with time, I'm sure, but these little things may be why he doesn't get as many minutes as some people want him to. For the record, I am in favor of him getting minutes, even if he messes up occasionally on the offensive end, because his defense is huge for this club.

3) Lamar is just INFINITELY more consistent (yes, that word) with his jump shot when he shoots it in rhythm. It seems that he is a very good shooter when he catches and shoots in on swift motion. On the other hand, when he hesitates, he's down right awful. I wish he would realize this and stick strictly to the former.

4) Sasha really is awful. I don't care what one or two games a month indicate. He's just awful. Out of control, spastic, and just painful to watch at times.

Great win by the Lakers. Was even better since I was surrounded by Warriors fans and got to gloat quite a bit. Let's hope that the Lakers prepare for the Spurs, because that will be a huge test, Duncan or not.

Very good analysis, Jeffs.

I agree on all 4 points. Especially the Sasha + LO points. Critt should play over Sasha, and LO should not even think if open (inside the 3 point line) .. just shoot it. It's what made Luke a totally different player.

I want add a 5th.

Turiaf's defense/play. He has dropped off considerably since the first week of the season. Not rebounding well. Not anchoring as good. His man D has been very average. Offensively, he has been fine. Defensively, I have been very dissapointing in Turiaf's play. He let a small ball Warriors team eat him up on the glass and his man hace his way with him. This isn't the first game I've noticed this, the last few times I saw Turiaf play .. noticed the same things. Maybe playing Center is part of it, but last season he played backup C and did a much better job. Something is just right with Ronny, he is losing all the battles on the hustle board these last few games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: WARRIORS -at- LAKERS - 12/09 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

JUST-MING wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
The Lakers had a 17-4 run in the third and an 18-4 run in the fourth.

That was when this game was won.
bynum zero foul also because if he can stick to the game the warrions can't do damage to us!!!!!!!!!
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
^^^It's more important to understand your strengths and limitations in the triangle than it is to be a good shooter. Case in point, Lamar Odom. The guy continues to shoot jumpshots when he is not a good jumpshooter. All that height, all that size, and without the good sense God gave him to use it.

Couldn't have put both of your points better myself. Know your strength as a player and stay in that realm, that's how you and your team are most productive. Rather for Ariza to keep taking it to the rack get the opposition in foul trouble which is better for the Lakers and rather not see Lamar shoot another 3.
DazedAndConfused
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
encina1 wrote:
By the way, for being a small team, GS got way too many offensive rebounds and second- and third-chance points.

A lot of that is due to the amount of 3's they shoot.

long shots = long rebounds. our guys were sitting under the rim half the time , our perimeter players were not hustling to the ball well enough.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:

I'm all for emphasizing a guy's strengths.. my point is not that he try to overhaul his entire game to become a shooter.. but that he simply make himself even more useful by working on his shot.. His career average at 3's is 13% while his FT average is 64% .. he should try to keep his weaknesses above water... at least 70% ft's ..with all the slashing he's doing..

that said.. I'm happy with the trade... his defensive effort is amazing as is his energy...
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject:

Why did Monta Ellis get more calls in Staples than Kobe?
LakerSince72
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject:

I see J Critt has officially wrestled the from Sasha's postgame notes. But the will alwyas say "Sasha" to me!
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject:

Nice recap. Hope Ariza's keeps up with the PT he is getting lately.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: