SUNS -at- LAKERS - 12/25 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject:

G_DawgLA wrote:
As always, excellent job DB.

Look forward to reading your recaps during the playoff run,

Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject:

Good Stuff DB!
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject:

finally a christmas we all can enjoy.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:
Best present I received today (well, ok, after the PS3). All around impressive game - the intensity, the focus, the aggression - all very apparent today.

Superb monster game from Bynum, played as big as one can. I don't know about a signature move, DB. I saw the enthusiasm on his face and the bounce in his step after that great throwdown, but then he was so hyped up, he clanked the FT. Just be Kareem-like and the Lakers will be just fine.

Man, If Ariza or LO ever get a consistent jumper... They did well when they attacked, but every jumper made me say "Nooooooo."

Gotta love DFish and what he's bringing to the team. He's having his best offensive season ever.

Kobe is as Kobe does. I still would like to see another elbow to the Butcher's chin though.

Taking Trevor out of the 'bench mob' is not a good thing, IMHO. Vlad or Walton give outside balance to that unit (Kobe and LO can both 'slash'. Fisher is hot and cold outside.)

Transitional unit (Insert Farmar and Trevor) gives speed and defense and alters the feel of the game substantially. When Turiaf is on, it's then a tough second unit (when he is playing center, we have significant speed.) Add Sasha and whomever is left from the first unit (either Lamar, or Kobe and/or Bynum) and you have a real organic moving flow - where each piece creates a different speed and matchup for the opposition.

BTW - I'm not much in favour of letting Farmar go in a trade with NJ. He's really impressed me - not as an all-star - but as a GOOD component that fits the current roster. PJ right in relying on him this year - he's pretty damn good (dare I say it: "fisher lite?" Naw,won't say it.)
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject:

Once Kwame and Luke are back they will shore up the second unit well.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB, what a gift! We got a win on ABC, on Christmas Day and against the Suns, topped off with the DB cherry on top. Can't ask for more than that.

I was satisfied with most of the jumpers both LO and Ariza took in that they were right to take. I would never discourage them from taking those shots. They just need to work on improving their shooting. There is still lots of hope for Ariza improving his. It might not happen this season but like Farmar's radical improvement, or even the improvement of Devin Green, it can still eventually happen.

Coach D'Antoni hopes This is it, Bynum has a arrived. wishful thinking! He's still got more upside in the tank, enough to call it scary!
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject:

Heir wrote:
http://kb24.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=17547

Nice thoughts, Heir...
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject:

Mation wrote:
Quote:
Some suggestions for his post highlight celebrations...how about bringing back the Nick Van Exel shadow boxer? Or maybe a bicep flex? How about a morph of Deke's no-no finger, like maybe a Caesar thumbsdown to the crowd for your opponent's D?
Maybe mime a mushroom cloud to go with the A-Bomb nickname?

No way, you've got to go with a Caesar thumbsdown to the crowd! That's hilarious! Where did you come up with that!
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Ice - I'm glad you expanded on Ariza a bit. One thing I didn't miss in this game was that Walton/Barbosa matchup. Where the Suns try to hide Barbosa on Luke defensively and attack the hell out of us on the other end. Barbosa tonight had 10 points on 3-9 shooting. Nice to see him not in the mid 20s. And that recovery block by Ariza on Barbosa was something

That's what I'm saying; what a difference.

Kobe's reverse at the end of the 3rd reminded me of that jam he threw down right at the end of the 1st half vs Utah a year ago when he crushed them at Staples.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: SUNS -at- LAKERS - 12/25 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
Merry Christmas, Suns...
Vujacic -- -- Not much from Sasha today. He somehow managed to get to the line again shooting a three. He does that well. Defensively, he gave his normal effort, got his hands on a couple of balls.

The Machine strikes...Merry Christmas SUNS!
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject:

key moment, IMO

Kobe's 5 points (2 for 1) to end the 3rd.

Last edited by Mr. EiGhTy-OnE on Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Brand New
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject:

Great win for us.For some reason everytime we beat the Suns we have a big game from Fishers, this is a huge update over Smush last year.Bynum emerge last night he played great and impressed many of us.Odom played good and Ariza should be our starter.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject:

thanks DB I feel like we got such a steal in the Ariza deal, he has an intensity that our other SFs don't. and the highlight of the game was definitely his dunk over Hill.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject:

DB - You are the true "Machine" in your constant and accurate breakdowns!

Ariza - I agree the assessments that you and "Ice" have on Trevor. His athleticism, length and defensive presence brings a greatly needed force to the team. Note: Since there has been a great deal of "Mitch-bashing" on this board, we have to give him propos for a good trade (Trevor for Cookie and MO / one for us). Now we have multiple ways to go - Trevor (see above), Vlad (shooting - when his wrists are healed) and Luke (when passing/initiating the Tri/veteran leadership/etc.

Mark Jackson - He made a comment that the Lakers had a better squad than the Suns, hmmm, he maybe be right?!?!?!

LO - It appears that he hasn't yet full confidence to drive the paint - even against the defensively weak Suns - probably because he still isn't 100% physically? If he is not going to the hole, shouldn't he be posting up Marion to take advantage of that mismatch?

PJ - Loved his interview on ABC, classic!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Mation wrote:
Quote:
Some suggestions for his post highlight celebrations...how about bringing back the Nick Van Exel shadow boxer? Or maybe a bicep flex? How about a morph of Deke's no-no finger, like maybe a Caesar thumbsdown to the crowd for your opponent's D?
Maybe mime a mushroom cloud to go with the A-Bomb nickname?

No way, you've got to go with a Caesar thumbsdown to the crowd! That's hilarious! Where did you come up with that!

Just made it up.
Heir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 71-72 wrote:
Heir wrote:
http://kb24.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=17547

Nice thoughts, Heir...

Thanks.
We are earth people on a spiritual journey to the stars. Our quest, our earth walk, is to look within, to know who we are, to see that we are connected to all things, that there is no separation, only in the mind.
LakerSince72
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject:

DB, Thanks for the vacation mini-sum! FEELING YOU!

I had the exhuberant joy of being in Phoenix amongst a house full of Laker Hater/Phx fans. I only caught most of the 3rd qtr and the 4th but MAN did I have a good time getting in their faces!!! Early on, I sincerely had the feeling that the Lakers would beat Phx. Better yet, the Suns can't even say that they beat themselves..... Sweeeeeet!

As far as D'antoni trying to downplay that its just another game...... What baloney!!!! Even after beatting two marginal Lakers teams in the last post-seasons, we are still the ruler against which D'antoni measures himself. The way D'antoni whines about everything you gotta love to see him loose!!! He knows that Phx's window is quickly shutting on their chance to compete for a championship. And having their hats handed to them twice DOES affect the team phyche, even in the pros!
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: SUNS -at- LAKERS - 12/25 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

Thanks, DB.

DancingBarry wrote:

Farmar I've read a lot of silly talk on this board about Farmar and Fisher freezing out Kobe.

I find that somewhat inverted as well. When I see the Lakers run two offensive possessions in row without Kobe touching the ball, it's usually a indicator of things going well. Now when they're behind, or everyone on the team is floundering offensively, I'd just as soon he touch the ball every time down the floor (especially if he sets up mid-post), but routinely scoring baskets without Kobe having to be the hub on the strong side is what I've been looking for from this team since Shaq left.

I think Ariza runs the baseline better then any Laker since Ceballos. What do you think?
wh03lse
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject:

i cant wait in a short amount of time when bynum will be able to muscle around a bit more and get his positioning more deep and centered in the lane for higher percentage shots....if u notice he kind of gets the ball up top a lot and tries to work with it still...he'll get his time soon but it's all looking real nice so far =] VERY good game
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Kobe runs the baseline better than any Laker, including Ceballos.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: wow, great analysis

Wow, great wrap up and analysis. It's great to to see this kind of fanhood!
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject:

On the Farmar lob to Bynum - jordan also had Kobe on the wing, but give it direct to Bynum - SWEET!

These type of plays provides numerous options that the defense has to guard - as oppose to limited options.

fyi: For those who that that the DFish pick-up was hogwash - all one can say during this Christmas season is humbug.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject:

24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject:

One play that really stood out to me:

Lamar (I think) drives into the lane. Ariza stands in the corner and calls for the ball. He misses the 3. Next time down the floor Lamar (?) drives again, but this time Ariza cuts and gets the pass for the dunk.

Ariza recognizes his mistakes and puts himself in positions where they aren't exploited. That made me really happy
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: SUNS -at- LAKERS - 12/25 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
[b]
I was planning on taking the game off...but the team's impressive win made it easy to do a little Thoughts and Ratings Lite version:

Told you so.

pmakker wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
MedRomLaker wrote:
LOL I thought it took so long cus you were celebrating the lakers win ;p, thanks for your review can't go to sleep with out reading it after a game hehe, keep up the good work.

I was going to tell everyone I was taking the night off...but I think I will save it for the Christmas Day game.

yeah right. After the Lakers destroy the Suns, I want to see you try to resist!

Thanks for the great work. Merry Christmas!

THANK YOU very much. We all appreciate it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: