LAKERS -at- HORNETS - 1/9 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject:

thanks, DB
after blaming the kids for the typos, next time will you ask to trade them or trade you?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject:

8750 wrote:
thanks, DB
after blaming the kids for the typos, next time will you ask to trade them or trade you?

After getting into trouble for about the 100th time today my poor little 3-year-old said, "It's not easy to be a babe."

Too cute...even when getting into trouble.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject:

^wait, she said babe... like "I'm hot," i.e. "a babe" or like "babes in toyland," i.e. a synonym for "baby"? This is VERY important in specifically scoring the statement on the cuteness scale.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject:

She tells everyone that she's not a girl, she's a babe...as in baby.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

lol... well that's still cute. My friends little girl calls herself a babe (as in hot) or a princess. Sometimes she refuses to take off her little crown thingee, often wears a princess dress to her kid groups/classes (whatever), and she constantly watches all the disney princess movies. She even had a princess themed birthday party and I made myself my own princess crown (it was under duress and unfortunately there is a picture of me wearing it circulating the black market among my friends... I have admitted too much, bye now).

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

lol... well that's still cute. My friends little girl calls herself a babe (as in hot) or a princess. Sometimes she refuses to take off her little crown thingee, often wears a princess dress to her kid groups/classes (whatever), and she constantly watches all the disney princess movies. She even had a princess themed birthday party and I made myself my own princess crown (it was under duress and unfortunately there is a picture of me wearing it circulating the black market among my friends... I have admitted too much, bye now).

Ask a certain poster in Tulsa about associating yourself with the word princess.
jd2k
LG Multimedia Team
LG Multimedia Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject:

Great job, DB. I see that you don't put +/- numbers anymore. Which is a good thing because what do these +/- numbers actually mean anyway?

CP3's stats: 32 points 13-23FG (56%), 6-8 FT, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, and only 1 turnover yet he net a -26.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject:

^Just means that sometimes when there is a whooping, the team's best player who is out on the court for a lot of minutes takes it on the chin.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Too funny.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject:

this is for the win, and a great job by DB

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the recap. Nice win. Good to be able to get back against Hornets.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject:

everytime the proud parents here talk about their kids, i feel touched... maybe it's because the only thing of the past that i deeply miss is my son when he was a little boy... or maybe i'm becoming too sentimental...
anyway, thanks DB for your human warmth...
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB, huge win.
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject:

David West actually didn't score any points when Lamar was covering him as primary defender (on that play). The only time he was even involved in West's points was one time when he and Drew seemed to be confused on a switch (that one possibly could be put on Lamar), and one other time when Kobe was switched on to West, spun around Kobe and Lamar stepped back over to challenge the layup and West made it.

Otherwise, West was 0-8 on shots when Lamar was contesting him.
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
He banked in a three trying to beat the shotclock. He switched on Paul and deflected a pass to ignite a Laker breakaway.

Kudos for catching this...Kwame actually got credit for the steal, but Lamar is the one who made it happen.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject:

That is how you take care of team which has embarassed you earlier in the season at your home.

Peja had 10 three point bombs against us in November. We definelty took notice in that as Luke played defense on him like Rick Fox in the good ole' days in the Lakers/Kings battles.

Chris Paul is a straight up beast. Kcal 9 had their question of the night being who you think is the best point guard in the west. My vote is in. It is Chris Paul. Way more speed than Nash or Williams. He just plays at another gear than anyone else. Different than Kobe too. 32 points for Paul.

I mean is this still a team we must worry about. I feel it is safe to say we still can't take them lightly.

Well if play like this for next two times and possible the playoffs we definelty need the whole team to score again. Ever active player on the Lakers scored tonight.

Our bench outscored their bench 42-9
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject:

Thanks again DB. Huge win. Back to back on the road, the Hornets were well rested and at home. I was telling my wife that it was pretty evident that they were trying to make CP3 a scorer. He scored 32 points but only dished out 5 assists. Much different than last game as well as a combination of good D on Peja and him missing some open shots. We definitely focused on not letting him go off like last time when he made 10 three pointers. I thought LO did a nice job on West, especially in the second half. West usually plays well against us. 19 points on 17 shots. I'll take that. I also wanted to see how AB would play against Chandler. I thought he played well. Some nice back to the basket post moves. I could be wrong, but I don't think Chandler had an offensive rebound. I have to check the final stats, but I haven't had time. There are certain games on the schedule that you mark and say it's a litmus test for a team. That's what I thought heading into the game last night. Hornets had won 8 out of 9; they were at home and well rested. A 29 point victory. One word- Impressive.

Last edited by BigE32 on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB!

Kwame -- -- He's taking one of those warm-up strokes before shooting his freethrows...seems like his stroke looked a bit smoother because of it.

^He is Ray Allenesque with that FT stroke! That jumper he took was fluid - it just didn't drop. Maybe he can play PF once he is in better physical condition (he looks fat) and is 100% healed from his injuries.

Bynum: at about the 7:33 mark in the third. Kobe missed a shot. Bynum got the offensive rebound. Bynum went up (on a much quicker Tyson Chandler no less) and missed his shot. Bynum got his own rebound. Then he went up again and dunked on him! . He is athletic - that's 3 consecutive jumps ending in a resounding dunk. Impressive

This is the best victory since Shaq IMO. I would put it over that 1st game v. Phoenix (since they were on the 2nd night of a back to back). I love this team!

After 34 games, our record is identical to last years. Now only if we can only remain healthy...
froesel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject:

Great as usual DB. Thanks for all your comments and help in making the Lakers interesting to those who can't go and watch the games.

I haven't been this excited and proud of the Lakers in many years. Just want us to continue the wining ways. Even though some are saying Kobe is washed up and declining, I believe the way Kobe is play now makes him a very serious contender for MVP. He will score when he is needed.

Again DB, thanks for all your hard work. Let me know if I can help you in anyway.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject:

When the second unit went out there together they had a couple of shot clock violations. After the time out we moved the ball much quicker and players started making better cuts. It shows they listened and learned -- another thing we haven't seen in past teams.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject:

-great game plan by making CP3 a scorer like we do with Nash
-lol (@) joel thinking "CP3" means paul hit a 3 pointer
-leave it to lamar to ruin the 8/8 fg streak by blowing a layup
-i think we should have started turiaf on west and moved LO to the 3 on peja (west had 17/8 at haltime) lamar did better the 2nd half though
-anyone else tired of the downplaying? we know this isnt their ultimate goal and that you dont want this young team to get ahead of themselves, but this was a BIG WIN. the political correct responses get old. we know you have to "EXECUTE" Kobe. Reminds me of the Patriots and their "humble pie"

thanks DB

Last edited by Mr. EiGhTy-OnE on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Dang ... too many typos. Thanks for catching them. The kids were little maniacs tonight running around tonight while I was trying to do this. I blame them.

Don't blame the kids, DB. After the game like yesterday, I'd be the same way if I wasn't 47

Feeling you, Laker fans
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject:

I missed the first half. Lakers look good as a unit. I was concerned about Peja and Paul but Phil and staff had a great game plan and the team executed it with zeal. Fishers play on Paul was key to the win. He frustrated him. Team defense and Luke stopped Peja, I was pleasantly surprised, he killed us last time. The second unit got out of sync for a minute but as a whole the game was solid. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give the game a 8.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject:

Much appreciated. Its funny every win feels bigger than the last. I actually expected a dominant win and posted as such. This is the 1st year since Bling Dynasty where I actually feel we should win pretty much every game and if not at the very least bloody the other team up a bit.

Though the same this record feels much more legit than last years.

The lakers will get prince.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. I think the surprise stat of the game is that Kwame was 5-7 from the freethrow line

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: