LAKERS -at- MAGIC - 2/8 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yanyon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject:

nice recap DB.. like others here, i just have to read your recap even after watching the game...

overall i enjoyed watching the 2 man game with the rest of the squad doing their part inside/out of the perimeter.

quick thought here:

i agree that ronny needs more playing time and jordan needs to play better d/o and not rely on those darn 3's...
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Hey DB!?!?!?

I really appreciate you doing this, it's one of the things on the internet , (not just this site), that I really look forward to reading.

Your POV is right on, there is NEVER any BS and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that about your write-ups!!

Much thanks for your efforts!!!
Tattoo Dribble
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Hey DB!?!?!?

I really appreciate you doing this, it's one of the things on the internet , (not just this site), that I really look forward to reading.

Your POV is right on, there is NEVER any BS and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that about your write-ups!!

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Hey DB!?!?!?

Thanks, wino (and others). Maybe all that listening to Chick had a positive effect.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Since Bynum went out, our per 100 points allowed has gone up from 101.1 (7th place) to 102.5 (9th place). We have done better with TOs of late, but we really need to clamp down on better. Our offense obviously isn't really a concern (except for some minor problems with late game execution which I am sure they are working on and will resolve once they get back home from this long trip).

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject:

^ Run an average for just the games after Bynum left.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject:

^We were 24-12 (66.7%) before Bynum went out. In those 36 games with Bynum, we scored 107.4 PPG and allowed 100.7 PPG (+6.7 point differential).

We are 8-5 (61.5%) since Bynum went out. In those 13 games without Bynum, we have scored 106 PPG and allowed 102.8 PPG (+3.2 point differential).

Based on those numbers alone, it would imply that we are both a worse offensive team and defensive team without Bynum.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject:

3.5 differential ain't no small thing. +6.7 was elite level. Top 3.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject:

No small feat indeed and impressive seeing what kind of difference Bynum makes as well.

Heir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject:

http://www.kb24.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=19868
We are earth people on a spiritual journey to the stars. Our quest, our earth walk, is to look within, to know who we are, to see that we are connected to all things, that there is no separation, only in the mind.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject:

finally finished the game, i was out of town and stayed away from finding out the score.

great win

-what hurt pinky? that guy that tapes fingers at the Y must have contacted Kobe....lol
-i feel like we would have lost this game if we didnt lose to ATL
-we must learn to stay home on the 3 point shooters or we will never advance far in the playoffs
-great 1,2 punch of kobe and pau
-hated to see pau pulled mid way through the 4th
-i wish phil would have called a timeout in the 1st qtr and focused on defense and guarding the 3 point line.
-i also wish he hadnt waited til our 4th qtr lead was cut to 2 before he called a timeout
-luke was pathetic in his brief 4th qtr stint
-the machine hit some timely 3s but also left his man a couple of times for untimely 3s
- i ask again, what does turiaf have to do to get more playing time?
-nice game winning block by L.O.
-thank god D.howard was in foul trouble.

thanks DB
GunShot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^We were 24-12 (66.7%) before Bynum went out. In those 36 games with Bynum, we scored 107.4 PPG and allowed 100.7 PPG (+6.7 point differential).

We are 8-5 (61.5%) since Bynum went out. In those 13 games without Bynum, we have scored 106 PPG and allowed 102.8 PPG (+3.2 point differential).

Based on those numbers alone, it would imply that we are both a worse offensive team and defensive team without Bynum.

Weren't we 25-11 (including the Memphis game when Bynum went down) and currently 7-6 without him?

Sonics - W
Suns - L
Nuggets - W
Spurs - L
Mavs - L
Cavs - L
Knicks - W
Pistons - L
Raptors - W
Wizards - W
Nets - W
Hawks - L
Magic - W

Looking at those numbers though, it's amazing how much of a drop off it is without Bynum.

Do you also have the averages of the turnovers per game with Bynum and without Bynum (how many it was when Kwame was C and how many without Kwame)?
ecchen1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: DEFENSE! DEFENSE!

In a recent article, coach Stan Van Gundy was quoted as saying, ""I don't see a lot of weaknesses in this team," Van Gundy said of the Lakers."

The main weakness I see is defense. The Lakers right now can out score even Phoenix. The offense is clearly flowing. The only piece of the puzzle that's missing is the championship caliber defense of San Antonio, Mavs, Detroit, Boston, or even last year's Cavs. Once we shore up our D and are able to lock teams down as elite teams are able to, there's no stopping us.

Anyone else have similar thoughts?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: