SPURS -at- LAKERS - 5/21 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VujacicFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject:

Cold-blooded.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject:

-kobe's bermuda triangle was pissing me off. he must be aggressive from the opening tip if we are going to knock out the spurs
-for those who went to the game, how many said to themselves "damn, i should have stayed at home" when we were down 20? how quickly that turned to one of the best games you had ever been to.
-i expect L.O. to have a bounce back game, he was non-existent in game1
-sasha played wonderful defense on manu
-kobe put manu in the POPCORN MACHINE
-pau needs to work on his base, he was getting pushed around like a little school girl
-first half vlad second half vlad
-staples should count loudly to 10 when TD is shooting free throws
-i really wish Turiaf was 2-3 inches taller, what heart though
-hopefully trevor plays in game 2
-d-fish shot was OFF, i think he got a home call when he blew yet another layup
-i like that fact that pop called timeout when we cut it to 16, phil would have waited until the lead was single digits
-bowens 3 in the corner when kobe didnt close was huge for the spurs in the 4th.
- i think Sasha should start and move Kobe to SF
-welcome back Jordan Farmar
-anyone else see farmar/turiaf doing their matrix handshake on the baseline while the game was going on in the 1st qtr?
-i was happy we only shot 10 3 pointers (is that a season low? 4/10)
-the refs really swallowed their whistles last night
-pau knocks it out of timmys hands and they give us the ball? then manu chases down the ball and knocks it out and they give the spurs the ball?
-i was pissed when they called pau for the foul when manu tackled him into TD
-cold blooded jumper by mamba with 23 secs left
-shouldnt it have been a clear path when sasha got fouled in the end???
-EVEN KYRA SEDGWICK WILL TELL YOU THAT KOBE IS "THE CLOSER"

Last edited by Mr. EiGhTy-OnE on Thu May 22, 2008 8:37 am; edited 3 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject:

Great recap, as usual
A roller coaster ride. Until Kobe decided to dominate it looked as though the Spurs were the better team. Getting down by twenty presents a challenge of gargantuan proportions. This game has to have some psychological effect on the Spurs. I realize they're a veteran team but losing a twenty point lead has to a bit demoralizing. Hopefully the Lakers also garnered a lesson and not allow them such an advantage in game two. Kobe, last night, reminded me of MJ, now it's time to take over. His demeanor was off the charts. Like when Shaq fould out in a playoff game and he told him "Don't worry, I got it". Next game don't wait so damn long.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject:

I posted in another thread that TD getting his is fine. Hes TD. However pau forces him to work on the other end. TD shot under 50%. Took a ton of shots. Thats good. SAS can only beat us if they are hitting 3's. Pau being able to atleast single TD while getting 19 is what will change series.

SAS cant do what we can and go on multiple runs if their 3's are contested. we can

The lakers will get prince.
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject:

hi_ma wrote:
I posted in another thread that TD getting his is fine. Hes TD. However pau forces him to work on the other end. TD shot under 50%. Took a ton of shots. Thats good. SAS can only beat us if they are hitting 3's. Pau being able to atleast single TD while getting 19 is what will change series.

SAS cant do what we can and go on multiple runs if their 3's are contested. we can

It's weird that the Lakers took only had 10 3FGA, while the Spurs had 20.
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject:

rchanou wrote:
hi_ma wrote:

It's weird that the Lakers took only had 10 3FGA, while the Spurs had 20.

They cant win a game unless they go bananas with 3's. They may get a run or two but like we have shown all year. we can go on multiple runs a quarter.

maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject:

big win

sasha outginobilied ginobili.

even drawing an offensive foul away from the ball on him
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject:

Great recap DB! Great comeback LA!! Go for the jugular in game 2. We are not Nawlins - they go down 0-2, they ain't coming back on us.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject:

Not sure what Kobe was thinking for 2-1/2 quarters, but we are all glad he did decide to crank it up. His outburst did inspire the team to play some nice lockdown d.

Props to 1-1/2 quarter Kobe, good efforts from Pau, JoFar and Machine, everyone else was meh at best. A decent performance by everyone would've been a 10+ victory. I figured SA would start hot (carryover from the NO win) and fizzle out late (another carryover from the NO win plus staying on the runway so long).

Looking at the overhead shot replay, it looked like Kobe (not Timmy D) tapped in SA's last basket.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:

Looking at the overhead shot replay, it looked like Kobe (not Timmy D) tapped in SA's last basket.

he did. i noticed it live, even though doug collins kept saying TD tipped it in. the tnt guys after the game joked that kobe even scored a bucket for the spurs.
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject:

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:

he did. i noticed it live, even though doug collins kept saying TD tipped it in. the tnt guys after the game joked that kobe even scored a bucket for the spurs.

he did as well as on another play they said TD blocked sasha but on replay bottom of backboard did.

limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the recap. Glad we escape with the win. Hope there will no more games like this in the playoffs... I would settle for a boring game with us on the winning side.
MVT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Winning Friday is big but how we win could determine how much longer the series goes.

I think if we win comfortably by more than 10 points, we could be looking at a shorter series, whereas if the Spurs get another close loss, it could be the beginning of a 7 gamer.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB.

To coin an old phrase, the Lakers had the "Eye of the Tiger" look.

Hopefully they will embrace Kobe's attitude expressed in his (paraphrased) words - the 20 point deficit didn't appear to be that much therefore if we play our game, we will get back into the game while hopefully winning
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote;
Quote:

I think, and this is something I kind of remember concerning bb rules. I think when a player causes the ball to fall in the opponents basket the offensive player closest to the ball gets the points. DB will you research that?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject:

^ Yes, they credit it to the closest offensive player.
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Saw that. I just wasn't sure if it was Lamar or Kobe that tapped the ball in.
Orestes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Wonder how many of us learned that lovely little rule from that Houston game where Kwame and Luke scored one for the Rockets and T-mac, who was near half court, got the points.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject:

odom had a bad game. pau had a subpar defnesive showing agasint a much less physical duncan. kobe was awol for a half. fisher couldnt thorw a pea into the ocean so to speak.

if spurs fan are complaining about their team playing badly, i think laker fans have as much to complain about. i dont expect the above players to all have repeat performances. ie, if you put both teams in top form, the lakers come out on top.

also, i am hoping that farmar gets some more burn this series. i think he matches up better with parker than fish does in the same way that fish matched up better with williams than farmar. strength vs. speed.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Orestes wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Wonder how many of us learned that lovely little rule from that Houston game where Kwame and Luke scored one for the Rockets and T-mac, who was near half court, got the points.

That seems like years ago on a team far, far away...
Ginobili20
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
odom had a bad game. pau had a subpar defnesive showing agasint a much less physical duncan. kobe was awol for a half. fisher couldnt thorw a pea into the ocean so to speak.

if spurs fan are complaining about their team playing badly, i think laker fans have as much to complain about. i dont expect the above players to all have repeat performances. ie, if you put both teams in top form, the lakers come out on top.

San Antonio heard the same from both the Suns and the Hornets. They were the better team. Yet the Spurs are still in the playoffs.

I would like a game two victory yet im confident we could still win the series if we go down 2-0.
JTS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject:

Ginobili20 wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

San Antonio heard the same from both the Suns and the Hornets. They were the better team. Yet the Spurs are still in the playoffs.

I would like a game two victory yet im confident we could still win the series if we go down 2-0.

naturally you'd feel that way...you should.

but since momentum is a factor, the lakers are playing their best ball and the scary thing they have a lot of room to improve.

the spurs must have more intensity and sustain it when they play game 2 or the spurs are going to be 0-2. the lakers definitely have the confidence edge going into game 2. for now, home court is a factor.

"Not at all," Bryant said, smiling. "I won't let that happen. I crack the whip."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: