LAKERS -at- SUNS - 11/20 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject:

Vlade picked the perfect game for a tomato rating.
airkewld
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject:

I have lost my voice from Last Night BIG victory. I would say it was 60/40 last night in the upper levels. 60% suns fans. There was a lot of purple and gold out there. The chants were Large as everyone was giving the Suns fan a wave as they were getting up to leave. Very Classic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
southgate
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject:

airkewld wrote:
I have lost my voice from Last Night BIG victory. I would say it was 60/40 last night in the upper levels. 60% suns fans. There was a lot of purple and gold out there. The chants were Large as everyone was giving the Suns fan a wave as they were getting up to leave. Very Classic.

+1 for Reppin!!! I lost my voice too lol

we had the Lets Go Lakers chant going there for a while
Arizona
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject:

airkewld wrote:
Props to the AZ Syndicate. The folks on TNT were surprised at how loud the cheers for the Lakers were. Couldn't go to this one but I hope to join ya'll March 1st!

“You’ve got to play with pride and guts.” -LO
Arizona
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. My only complaint on the night was Kobe and Fish's shot selection. I find the starting unit boring to watch and am lovin the second unit. Props to Vlad for finally hitting some shots. Bynum was a little over-amped going up against Shaq. Props to Pau and LO to step up with him in foul trouble. Also loved the play where LO rebounded, pushed it up the court and pulled up for the 3 pointer. Swish! LO had a really good game both defensively and offensively. Props to our second unit for making the game watchable. Ridiculous that Pau got ignored like that in the first quarter.

“You’ve got to play with pride and guts.” -LO
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject:

-BENCH VLAD! i'd still rather have ariza start but vlad was on fire last night
-anyone hear kobe say "get that *@#! outta here" to shaq? then he followed it up with "i thought i told you not to bring....."
-we got a lot of favorable calls. thank bob "handsome" delaney
-dagger 3 by lamar to put phx away for good
-bynum looked intimidated by shaq to start the game
-glad amare missd so many "bunnies"
-props to the phx lakers fans for representing
-you guys see the machine punk g.hill and knock down the open jumper?
-smh at fish's shot selection
-pau was abusing amare in the post, i wish we had run the offense thru him more

GOTTA DEFEND STAPLES TONIGHT AGAINST DENVER
LA1969
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject:

airkewld wrote:

As I was watching the game I could hear all you AZ Laker fans whooping it up. Made me so proud, you all represented WELL!
billstein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The moment Farmar and Ariza came in, the Lakers went on a run. Sometimes, I can't wait for the bench to get in.

I find that almost every game I'm thinking this. The rare exception being against Chicago when they finally got the ball down into the post. The second team pass the ball, the bigs get touches, very little isolation.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a starting PG that thinks about assists every once in awhile.

I love this team. I love the start but I think Phil Jackson should show them a replay from the Boston-Detroit game. Maybe that will get that first unit to start thinking a little bit more about ball movement. Boston was scary good.

Last edited by billstein on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject:

I can't stand those Announcers, what a bunch of morons!

I waid TNT just did a "Courtside-View" like they did on Prime Ticket last Sunday...

GREAT WIN!!!
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject:

Ariza officially made Grant Hill his (bleep) with that swat on him last night. Last year was the posterizing dunk, now the swat coming out of nowhere.

I have such a man-crush on Ariza. The dude is spectacular.
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject:

loud and proud in the land of the suns.

great to hear you guys on national tv like that. we could hear you throughout the game, "mvp! mvp!"

lovin it.
lakeshow21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject:

maddprophet wrote:
loud and proud in the land of the suns.

great to hear you guys on national tv like that. we could hear you throughout the game, "mvp! mvp!"

lovin it.

hahah yeah i love how you could hear the laker fans on tv IN PHX. great stuff for whoever came out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject:

Props to the AZ Syndicate. My how things have changes in the Valley of the Sun in such a short span.

It didn't seem like that long ago that the Lakers were kinda clueless. Now it's Phx. Shaq should be a complimentary player rather than the main focus. He's got enough to give you a decent game 2x a week, so why let him set the table? Remember when no lead was safe against the Suns? They got the lead down to 10 with about 2-1/2 minutes left and brought none of their big guns/bombers in. I thought that was very strange for them to throw in the towel so soon.

Props to Vlade for showing up. Can you imagine how good the team will be when all the cylinders are firing properly? 9-1 ain't bad.

Fish goes for the early offense way too often. Kobe settled for more jumpers than he should. The damage he did in the post, though, was a great sign.

LO, Sasha, Ariza & JoFar really brought the energy. If the 2nd unit performs well on the road, well, you know, LO loves roadkill.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
Ariza officially made Grant Hill his (bleep) with that swat on him last night. Last year was the posterizing dunk, now the swat coming out of nowhere.

I saw him first!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:

I saw him first!

There's plenty of room for all of you in the parking lot after the game
spideysense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject:

thats the vlad we need!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:

DB, I am a Lakers fan and as such, I feel the need to complain about something. What should I choose? How is the sky falling today?

As this seems to be a common problem, we should look into starting a support group soon.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
encina1 wrote:

DB, I am a Lakers fan and as such, I feel the need to complain about something. What should I choose? How is the sky falling today?

As this seems to be a common problem, we should look into starting a support group soon.

Perhaps you could start threads on such topics as:

LO is the root of all evil
Kobe needs to be more involved in the offense
Bynum sucks because he's not giving us 20/15 right now
Vlad should not start
Phil can't coach

...Oh wait

magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Fisher is absolutely killing us. It amazes me that no one is willing to call him out for being such a selfish gunner. It's bad enough that he sucks at simple PG skills such as post-entry passing, the ability to run a fast break, or even ball-handle against pressure, but no, he has to decide to take stupid jumpers to pump his numbers and ego.

His "drives" to the basket? What a moron. 12 years and he STILL doesn't realize that he sucks HORRIBLY at making layups.

Just like in '04 with GP outplaying him consistently, Fish feels Farmar on his heels and has reverted back to AI-mode.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Fisher is absolutely killing us. It amazes me that no one is willing to call him out for being such a selfish gunner. It's bad enough that he sucks at simple PG skills such as post-entry passing, the ability to run a fast break, or even ball-handle against pressure, but no, he has to decide to take stupid jumpers to pump his numbers and ego.

His "drives" to the basket? What a moron. 12 years and he STILL doesn't realize that he sucks HORRIBLY at making layups.

Just like in '04 with GP outplaying him consistently, Fish feels Farmar on his heels and has reverted back to AI-mode.

Such calling out is all over the board... Or are you referring to the Lakers?
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Such calling out is all over the board... Or are you referring to the Lakers?

I meant more along the lines of people that will be heard, ie the media, Phil, Kobe, Lamar, any Lakers player, any referee, any opposing player, etc.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
encina1 wrote:

Perhaps you could start threads on such topics as:

LO is the root of all evil
Kobe needs to be more involved in the offense
Bynum sucks because he's not giving us 20/15 right now
Vlad should not start
Phil can't coach

...Oh wait

I've started some other threads before...and certain people ignored them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: