JAZZ -at- LAKERS - 1/2 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
I don't always say it DB, but I never miss a recap and I appreciate the considerable effort.

Ditto. I look forward to the recap each night, making sure not to miss any of them.

Thank you DB! We are lucky to have you around.

By the way - is the order in which you list the players the starting five, plus the order in which the rest of the players enter the game? Or is there some other method?

Last edited by dna. on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject:

thanks, DB
your book is another very good reason to hope for a happy ending...
TheReignOfKobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject:

WHo's who in the 4 Horsemen analogy?

I think Kobe's death and Gasol is pestilence?
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject:

Best recap in the internet since Butcher.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject:

DB - thanks for the recap

Love the "Cobra" Moniker for Ariza - it is an accurate description of Trevor.

How many plays does the Triangle has that utilizes Kobe seemingly in the pinch post as a screener since all the defenders seemed to basically stay with Kobe?

Since Stu was talking about using Kobe and Trevor in the backcourt when they need to apply great defensive pressure defense - would the best pressure defensive playoff include LO at SF, Pau at PF and Bynum at C. They would be able to pressure full court if Bynum would be able to play the role that Walton/Kareem played at UCLA.

Ball Handelrs
LO
Kobe

Scorers
Kobe
Pau

Passers
Pau
LO
Kobe

Point Defenders
Ariza (Cobra)
Kobe
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject:

Again great work on the Intro and recap, It's interesting that other people were saying the rest of the Death riders should have names I have been saying that to myself for the last couple of weeks. I thought LO would be Schitzophrenia(sp.?) ,Vlade-Overdose; Sasha-Irritable Bowel syndrome, and Luke would be Hangnail
Kobe played a really effective game tonight-- normally if he goes for 40 at some time during that game I'm saying quit hogging the ball....tonight you had no idea he scored 40 it was all within the offense he didn't go thru his "first quarter no shooting - get everybody involved" phase his offense was well intergrated. Also, I think these Lakers suffer from "nice guy disease" once they get up 20 they don't want to embarrass anyone and pull up on the reins--think about it do we ever beat any team by 30? That coupled with Phil " The River Boat Gambler" Jackson(I equate his sitting there not calling a timeout with a poker player sitting hoping to hit their flush on the river card) will always keep most games relatively close. For the most part a very business -like win Lets keep it up!!
cody
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject:

I would bet there is enough collective talent on LG to create a film noir out of DB's story line. After all most of you all live in LA. Just another part of what makes being a Laker fan extra cool.

It' got to be Cobra.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject:

Happy New Year Man!
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject:

i liked the fact that we closed out the 3rd and 4th quarters STRONG.

congrats pau on 10k points

i guess Okur doesn't like "dacos"

Last edited by Mr. EiGhTy-OnE on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject:

When Kobe sat you could feel the wheels start to come off. The offense moved a little less fluidly and it felt a little leaderless out there. When he comes back into a game like this one he tends to score quickly and restore confidence.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB, Pau is an amazing player, and so is Ariza. LO's blocked shot was awesome too.

For some reason or other I'm able to get back on LG on our network, I don't know what happened but Dec.28 till last night I couldn't get on. Yesterday I used another network, then last night I used the Google translator page and got on in German. Now, all of a sudden it's working again.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject:

DB - the story line is a fun touch and I look forward to it after every game. But even without it, the 'Thoughts and Ratings' is the best breakdown and analysis of the game done anywhere. Not only are you spot on with what is happening on the court and why it occurs, the in-game notes you must take to compile 'The Action' portion is a pretty big task.

It must make it pretty difficult to watch the game with friends, or at the local watering hole, though. Thank goodness for DVR.

SladeRider wrote:
I have to say I'm not a fan of these story like beginnings, kind of makes these ratings a bit less special to read because now I just skip over the beginning.

Words are hard. Perhaps it would help if you imagine it was being read to you by that pirate dude on SpongeBob.
farkas
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Hey DB, how much did Trevor lock down DWill? 4-18?!??! That's a trend IMO. The following perimeter players have not "gotten off" on us this year:

Rondo
DWill
CP3
Nash
Melo

I sure hope he is re-signed. Go Lakers!

kobe is the one who defended rondo last christmas
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
DB - the story line is a fun touch and I look forward to it after every game. But even without it, the 'Thoughts and Ratings' is the best breakdown and analysis of the game done anywhere. Not only are you spot on with what is happening on the court and why it occurs, the in-game notes you must take to compile 'The Action' portion is a pretty big task.

I doubt DB has to refer back to his DVR as he's a very talented writer, having mad typing skills and being very organized in terms of writing down his thoughts.
LakerJosh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

I doubt DB has to refer back to his DVR as he's a very talented writer, having mad typing skills and being very organized in terms of writing down his thoughts.

In the past I remember him saying he doesn't use notes, just remembers it all. At least I think I've seen him say that. If that's so, pretty incredible. As always thanks for the breakdowns. I'm starting to enjoy the stories too.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

He's obviously not a product of the Los Angeles Unified School District, thankfully.

!...
jeremysnowIII
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject:

Mr. Dancing Barry: I love yur writing and especially the story books at the beginning.I will ask my teacher if your writting is ok for reading becuase I'm supporsed be reading short bnovels.

Phil says Trevor is like a cobra.

I like his nickname and Kobe's togethers as Kob riza

and gramps says hi and he says that Pau is gaSOL ID
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject:

Awesome game. Awesome recap.

Ariza is like a Ring Wraith out there. He seems to just swoop in with nothing but a trail of shadow in his wake. How the hell did these other teams just let him go? Seriously, if Mitch isn't already on America's Most Wanted, he should be.

And Pau... the guy was just born for this offense. Not only that, he was born to play with Kobe. It's hard to find another player that is such a perfect compliment. Well... aside from Shaq sadly. But Pau is everything you could want in a Tri-PF. He shoots, he posts, he passes, he even has handles. Again, Mitch... Sedale needs to surrender his nickname to you.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject:

TREVOR ARIZA SAVES THE DAY AGAIN!!!!

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Thanks again DB! Excellent recap as always. Spot on from what I saw last night for each and every player. Kudos to Kobe, LO, Pau, 2nd-half Fish, and Ariza for taking over a close game and slamming the door shut. Twice.

Ariza = Cobra. Or King Cobra. Or Cobra Jet. Anything with Cobra works for me.

I like this movie talk on the intros! First things first --> Lakers gotta win this thing. We want that Hollywood ending! no.. we NEED that Hollywood ending!!

And then..... SEQUELS! At least THREE SEQUELS!!! Keep those fingers in shape DB!!

Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Cobra, Mamba and Bulldog on the perimeter. That's a nice collection.

I keep repeating that when Kobe's efficient, the team is pretty unbeatable. It's hard to think of a more quietly efficient game from #24, and see that he got 40.

Props to Trev. Two steals in the open court are very difficult to get. Great anticipation and quickness. Not to mention great timing.

Pau remains steady. LO fills the stat sheet. Still waiting for Bynum to become a consistent contributor.

Funny to see Okur go for a very good 21/13 and still get a -19 while on the floor.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Strangely the only other person I've seen score so easy and make you look up at the scoreboard at the end like that is Ron Harper. As a Clipper I saw him run the offense so effeciently you'd never know he put up 25 and 30. Kobe just takes it to another level.
-----
I'm down for the movie. I'll help write and work the soundtrack.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
LakerSince72
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Hey DB, how much did Trevor lock down DWill? 4-18?!??! That's a trend IMO. The following perimeter players have not "gotten off" on us this year:

Rondo
DWill
CP3
Nash
Melo

I sure hope he is re-signed. Go Lakers!

And neither will Rondo or Pierce "get off" on us in the Finals this year.
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject:

Thanks
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject:

SladeRider wrote:
I have to say I'm not a fan of these story like beginnings, kind of makes these ratings a bit less special to read because now I just skip over the beginning.

There is usually a more traditional beginning right after the last block of italics in the intro. So, you can pick up the regular intro right there and cruise on down from there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: