PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakers5150 wrote:
What should he do, off himself?

yes
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject:

I want to see Kobe win it by shooting a three right over JR or a dunk right over birdman.

How nice would that be??
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: The Nuggets are going to play dirty basketball in Game 6

their season is on the line. nut grabbing, jersey holding, excessive pushing during/after plays.. get ready for it all
Corto Maltese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Of course, I hope they do, they might suspend half their players for game 7 if there ever is one.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject:

wouldn't be surprised

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Y2KLincoln
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Corto Maltese wrote:
Of course, I hope they do, they might suspend half their players for game 7 if there ever is one.

Not if the officials pull the same BS as game 4. I can't wait!
Corto Maltese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Y2KLincoln wrote:
Corto Maltese wrote:

Not if the officials pull the same BS as game 4. I can't wait!

Well, Nene is two technicals away from suspension, as is Anthony. Jones is one flagrant one away from suspension. I hope they pick up a bunch of technicals.
kobeyashi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject:

i can just picture it now: a close game in the first half. close til the end of the 3rd quarter until the lakers get a few missed calls/non calls in their favor and the thuggets players just lose it. half of their team gets techs and thrown out
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The Nuggets are going to play dirty basketball in Game 6

Krispy Kreme wrote:
their season is on the line. nut grabbing, jersey holding, excessive pushing during/after plays.. get ready for it all

Expect it to get heated quickly. I wouldn't be surprised to see an ejection in this game. I'm predicting that one of the following: JR Smith, Dahntay Jones, Kenyon Martin, Birdman or Nene is going to lose control of themselves. The emotion is going to be high, they are going to go out wanting to prove a point, and they're going to taunt more than any team has taunted in the past decade. I've come to realize that George Karl is very petty, and has very little regard for anything that will not make him look good. Some of the looks he gave his players were pretty degrading down the stretch. I wouldn't be surprised if Karl pulls a Sloan and gets himself ejected towards the end of the 3rd quarter if the Lakers are reasonably close, because he thinks that will spark the Nuggets to play with more fire.

If Kobe gets one more tech he's suspended I believe. We will get a lot of calls going against us, and the fans will be going ape-(bleep) more than likely beating the hell out of each other. We will have to keep focused on closing this series out and block all of the distractions out. I think not only is the physicality of the game going to be vital, but I also think the mental aspect will be a very tough challenge as well.

At this point I'd be ready for anything to happen if I was the Lakers.
Corto Maltese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The Nuggets are going to play dirty basketball in Game 6

ReaListik wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:

Expect it to get heated quickly. I wouldn't be surprised to see an ejection in this game. I'm predicting that one of the following: JR Smith, Dahntay Jones, Kenyon Martin, Birdman or Nene is going to lose control of themselves. The emotion is going to be high, they are going to go out wanting to prove a point, and they're going to taunt more than any team has taunted in the past decade. I've come to realize that George Karl is very petty, and has very little regard for anything that will not make him look good. Some of the looks he gave his players were pretty degrading down the stretch. I wouldn't be surprised if Karl pulls a Sloan and gets himself ejected towards the end of the 3rd quarter if the Lakers are reasonably close, because he thinks that will spark the Nuggets to play with more fire.

If Kobe gets one more tech he's suspended I believe. We will get a lot of calls going against us, and the fans will be going ape-(bleep) more than likely beating the hell out of each other. We will have to keep focused on closing this series out and block all of the distractions out. I think not only is the physicality of the game going to be vital, but I also think the mental aspect will be a very tough challenge as well.

At this point I'd be ready for anything to happen if I was the Lakers.

Kobe has 2 techs left, so he's still good.

Last edited by Corto Maltese on Wed May 27, 2009 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ4czTHq2sM
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: The Lakers need to get Nene into foul trouble early on.

just like how bynum was our defensive anchor last year up until he got hurt.... Nene is their anchor not Billups.... we need to get Nene into foul trouble early in game 6 and it will disrupt their whole system of play. Birdman plays well with Nene. But Birdamn alone is useless... Nene needs to be gone early on for us to be effective in a hostile arena.

anyone else agree?
Y2KLincoln
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject:

x2
Corto Maltese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject:

I think Birdman is far more scary than Nene. Nene can't block a shot to save his life. If we can somehow get the crackhead into foul trouble and take him out completely, it seems to take a lot of their swagger away.

Nene has been outplayed in this series, but Anderson seems to own us in ever game except today.
MadeaGoesToMambaTown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject:

winning in a blow out

naananananan hey hey hey
HI FINALS.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject:

Corto Maltese wrote:
I think Birdman is far more scary than Nene. Nene can't block a shot to save his life. If we can somehow get the crackhead into foul trouble and take him out completely, it seems to take a lot of their swagger away.

Nene has been outplayed in this series, but Anderson seems to own us in ever game except today.

the birdmad is a joke of an energy type of player.... the crowd gets behind him and he will claw, scrape, push, and pull his way into the paint no matter how illegal it is... somehow his cockatoo haircut and his painted chicken scratches on his arms and neck intimidate the refs to call a foul.... Nene has a little bit of an offensive and defensive brain... he tells birdman what to do where to stand and how to play... we need to eliminate nene and birdman wings will be clipped
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject:

EH... MERGED..BLEH
ahyiah
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject:

game 6 is going to be crazy. lakers better be prepared for some cheap tricks and horrible calls all game.
SP_Fever
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject:

BUMP!

this game will be like game 6 of the Utah series last year, a chance to put their opponent away and move on...

WILL THE REAL LAKERS PLEASE STAND UP?
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject:

I predict a Laker victory
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject:

These &6%8(*8** refs, how is that not a foul???

Oh wait, sorry, game 6 is on Friday... nevermind
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: An excellent start is imperative for Game 6.

I remember last year the Lakers would jump out on opponents during road games. They would get up to nice first quarter leads on opponents and that would usually propel them to victory because Utah, and San Antonio were spending the remainder of the game trying to cut down those leads (which they did, but it was never enough to get over the hump.). Denver is just as hostile as Utah and San Antonio which means a similar first quarter blitz is what we need to help us win the game.

Game 4 @ DEN (2008 First Round)
http://www.nba.com/games/20080428/LALDEN/gameinfo.html

(32-23 First quarter. Denver spends most of the game fighting back but it's not enough. The first quarter blitz set the tone for the win.)

Game 6 @ UTAH (2008 Semis)
http://www.nba.com/games/20080516/LALUTA/boxscore.html

(33-20 first quarter. We were on fire to start the game.)

Game 4 @ SA (2008 WCF) http://www.nba.com/games/20080527/LALSAS/gameinfo.html

(Only 28-23 first quarter, but it was enough to play most of the game ahead, and make San Antonio try to play catch up. The key was blitzing them in them in the first. At one point we were 24-12 I believe, and the Spurs had too much of an uphill climb.)

Clearly this years team is different from last years as far as who's producing, and the overal mentality of both groups. But I still believe LA really needs to blitz them in the first quarter to help propel themselves to a win.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: kobe in game 6

I like how everybody got involved in game 5 but Kobe only had 13 shots? We all know that aint Kobe so i think Kobe fixing to blow up in game 6 and drop the nuggets...I say he gets 45!!
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Please no repeat of Houston series. Let's end this.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: An excellent start is imperative for Game 6.

Brandon98 wrote:
I remember last year the Lakers would jump out on opponents during road games. They would get up to nice first quarter leads on opponents and that would usually propel them to victory because Utah, and San Antonio were spending the remainder of the game trying to cut down those leads (which they did, but it was never enough to get over the hump.). Denver is just as hostile as Utah and San Antonio which means a similar first quarter blitz is what we need to help us win the game.

Game 4 @ DEN (2008 First Round)
http://www.nba.com/games/20080428/LALDEN/gameinfo.html

(32-23 First quarter. Denver spends most of the game fighting back but it's not enough. The first quarter blitz set the tone for the win.)

Game 6 @ UTAH (2008 Semis)
http://www.nba.com/games/20080516/LALUTA/boxscore.html

(33-20 first quarter. We were on fire to start the game.)

Game 4 @ SA (2008 WCF) http://www.nba.com/games/20080527/LALSAS/gameinfo.html

(Only 28-23 first quarter, but it was enough to play most of the game ahead, and make San Antonio try to play catch up. The key was blitzing them in them in the first. At one point we were 24-12 I believe, and the Spurs had too much of an uphill climb.)

Clearly this years team is different from last years as far as who's producing, and the overal mentality of both groups. But I still believe LA really needs to blitz them in the first quarter to help propel themselves to a win.

Great point. There have been few and far games where the Lakers have jumped out to a big lead against their opponent in these playoffs, and it certainly hasn't happened on the road yet. Now would be a good time to start...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 138, 139, 140  Next
Page 3 of 140
Jump to: