***LAKERS -vs- NUGGETS 10/23 Pre-Season Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Good thing Kobe didn't get injured running after that loose ball when Smith didn't even attempt to dive for the ball but instead dove on Kobe's shoulder.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Good thing Kobe didn't get injured running after that loose ball when Smith didn't even attempt to dive for the ball but instead dove on Kobe's shoulder.

In fairness, Kobe dove under him and kept him from being able to lunge to the ball.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:

No, you can't have it both ways. If the game means something, then the team should be playing its starters. And I don't think it's so much about trying as giving long runs to crappy lineups of mismatched (overmatched as well) players and expecting them to just somehow become go to scorers and defenders. There's a reason they're the deep bench guys.

I'm not trying to have it both ways. Some here may be. But I'm not.

I keep seeing posts here about how the Lakers are going to win 70+ games. I keep hearing about how deep they are.

If we are going to talk about having it "both ways", then making excuses as to why the second unit on an elite team can't compete in a preseason game needs to fall in that.

Did you see the lineup out there?

BTW, if you say the game is not important enough to play real lineups, but is important enough that those bogus lineups should be expecting to win is a bit of a double standard. They're playing pickup ball because it's essentially a pickup game.

The game is meaningless. THere aren't any real roster decisions left in the balance (if Gaff was, we'd be seeing more of him). There's no need to play the starters or even the sixth man much. You're looking at third stringers out of position playing against the other team's actual bench rotation, and they've had some starters in there too.

Good to know that the second unit that is supposed to help the Lakers to 70+ wins has no pride.

Are you just so stubborn that you're going to call the third string the second unit? re-read the bold part.

When did Walton, Farmar, Brown, Sasha, et al become "third string"? The Lakers don't even have enough players to have a third string, especially when Tony is on the bench.

I'm not so sure you want to break out "stubborn" as an accusation if you refuse to grant that the supporting players on an elite team didn't live up to that task.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject:

another sweatless win. 7-1 without our key players throughout preseason.
andyliao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
another sweatless win. 7-1 without our key players throughout preseason.

huh?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:

No, you can't have it both ways. If the game means something, then the team should be playing its starters. And I don't think it's so much about trying as giving long runs to crappy lineups of mismatched (overmatched as well) players and expecting them to just somehow become go to scorers and defenders. There's a reason they're the deep bench guys.

I keep seeing posts here about how the Lakers are going to win 70+ games. I keep hearing about how deep they are.

If we are going to talk about having it "both ways", then making excuses as to why the second unit on an elite team can't compete in a preseason game needs to fall in that.

BTW, if you say the game is not important enough to play real lineups, but is important enough that those bogus lineups should be expecting to win is a bit of a double standard. They're playing pickup ball because it's essentially a pickup game.

The game is meaningless. THere aren't any real roster decisions left in the balance (if Gaff was, we'd be seeing more of him). There's no need to play the starters or even the sixth man much. You're looking at third stringers out of position playing against the other team's actual bench rotation, and they've had some starters in there too.

Good to know that the second unit that is supposed to help the Lakers to 70+ wins has no pride.

Are you just so stubborn that you're going to call the third string the second unit? re-read the bold part.

When did Walton, Farmar, Brown, Sasha, et al become "third string"? The Lakers don't even have enough players to have a third string, especially when Tony is on the bench.

I'm not so sure you want to break out "stubborn" as an accusation if you refuse to grant that the supporting players on an elite team didn't live up to that task.

You're right. Walton is the backup center. Morrison is the backup 4, and everyone knows Sasha is competing with Ron for the starting 3 spot. And of course, Powell and Mbenga are not only starters, but all-stars.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:

You're right. Walton is the backup center. Morrison is the backup 4, and everyone knows Sasha is competing with Ron for the starting 3 spot. And of course, Powell and Mbenga are not only starters, but all-stars.

And you have the nerve to call me stubborn.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:

But I do know how to yank your chain

But seriously, last night, when LA seemed inclined to send a message, and the reserves played in their proper roles, they took Denver apart.

I'm seriously disappointed with Ammo. He seems to have lost all desire to shoot the ball, which is his one possible NBA caliber skill. He passes up open shots to just move the ball along. At least he'll come back home to Spokane a 2 time champ!
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:

But seriously, last night, when LA seemed inclined to send a message, and the reserves played in their proper roles, they took Denver apart.

I'm seriously disappointed with Ammo. He seems to have lost all desire to shoot the ball, which is his one possible NBA caliber skill. He passes up open shots to just move the ball along. At least he'll come back home to Spokane a 2 time champ!

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/phbqywkrmn--Curly's-noisesThe-Three-Stooges-Curly-Gibberish-
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/phbqywkrmn--Curly's-noisesThe-Three-Stooges-Curly-Gibberish-

Wrong Stooge.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18
Jump to: