PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Mbenga got posterized
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Can this team score at least 80 points?

Unbelievable. They couldn't even score 80 after getting 56 in the first half.
RealOne
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject:

23 points in the second half. an all-time franchise low. congrats.
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Well, congrats to the Nuggets - they win as much of a "must-win" (for them) game you can in November. If you can't beat the Lakers, at home, on a 2nd night of a back-to-back, without Gasol....

Lakers couldn't buy a call tonight, and didn't show any effort in the 2nd half. Even if it's a "scheduling loss", I still hate to see 'em.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Why is Lebron changing his jersey number the lead story on KCAL news? WTF?
RealOne
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Reggie Miller inconsolable
grimmz4764
Star Player
Star Player

LakerLanny wrote:
ukwazoo wrote:
lol at Lawson falling all the way to the Nuggets. NBA GMs are downright idiotic.

How about our GM giving Vujacic $5 million a year and then not being able to afford to draft Chase Budinger who is ten times the player Sasha will ever be and costs 1/5 the price.

Don't forget Azabuike who was available for about the same price, or if you just want a dead eye shooter who cant do anything else, Anthony Morrow for the minimum.
deadman8586
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ukwazoo wrote:
lol at Lawson falling all the way to the Nuggets. NBA GMs are downright idiotic.

How about our GM giving Vujacic $5 million a year and then not being able to afford to draft Chase Budinger who is ten times the player Sasha will ever be and costs 1/5 the price.

Will you get over it Chase Budinger is gone. Also if we wanted to keep our draft pick it would be for a PG. READ MY LIPS PG.

Last edited by deadman8586 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Adam Morrison is an airball machine.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vida24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Enjoy it. I was okay with the whole lose before that dunk. WTF was showoffs. (bleep)....enjoy it. This will be the only will you get the whole year.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Bynum still got his numbers.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject:

RealOne wrote:

It might have something to do with playing at altitude after taking a red-eye on a back-to-back and getting in at 4am. I think it's called running out of gas.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
that's probably all he cares about too

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
grimmz4764
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
srm90 wrote:
that's probably all he cares about too

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/GreatGurrenBrigade/(bleep).jpg
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Derrick Stafford

Here's a big F U.

I called it in the last thread regarding this twat.

FU again for good measure.
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
RealOne wrote:

It might have something to do with playing at altitude after taking a red-eye on a back-to-back and getting in at 4am. I think it's called running out of gas.

I think its excuse making. Like this is the first time they've ever had to play a 2nd of a back to back in Denver after a home game. A home game in which starters didn't even have to play that many minutes because of a blow out.
Talby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=98889&highlight=
ImmortalD24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Oh man, there is something definitely fishy about this guy.
Mick3ns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject:

It's because he's black

cism
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject:

he just really doesn't seem to like kobe. every time i've seen this guy ref a laker game, we've had a hard time getting calls, kobe in particular. just an awful, awful ref.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject:

cmorton59 wrote:
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=98889&highlight=

Actually not this one hehe.

It was a different one regarding that same game.
ImmortalD24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject:

Found this posted on clutchfans posted in 03-11-2003:
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=53439
heech wrote:
What is going on with the ref Derrick Stafford? It seems like he's been involved in *tons* of various disputes this year... he's the Ron Artest of the reffing community.

Here are a few select articles:
Quote:
NBA looking into conduct of Riley and Stafford

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com

The NBA is still evaluating possible sanctions against Pat Riley after the Miami Heat coach's criticial comments about the officials Wednesday -- but the league is also looking into the conduct of referee Derrick Stafford, reports ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

"We're investigating both sides of it," NBA vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson said Friday.

However, league commissioner David Stern sure made it sound Saturday night as if Riley has a harsh penalty ahead. Stern called it "unfinished business" and said: "Pat's having a tough year and he's letting it get to him. He's a good friend and a great coach and he's just going to have to stop it."

Following Wednesday night's 101-87 loss to the Blazers, Riley lashed out at the referees. Portland went to the foul line 32 times in the game, compared to seven foul shots for Miami. Riley has already been fined $50,000 this season after saying in December that game officials were being unfair to his team because of a "dislike of me over the years.''

"It was an absolute officiating tragedy," Riley said after Wednesday's loss. "I thought I was at the comedy store watching some kind of comedian out there laughing with the Blazers, and talking to them, and smiling with them. It was so unprofessional."

Stafford was reported to have engaged in a shouting match with Riley late in Wednesday's game. "It's not about you," Stafford shouted at Riley. "Go on TV crying."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Quote:
Kings Notes: Run-in with this ref not the first
By Martin McNeal -- Bee Staff Writer
Published 2:15 a.m. PST Monday, February 3, 2003

HOUSTON -- The Kings have had trouble with NBA officials, which doesn't make them different from any other team.
However, there are some officials with whom they've had stormy relationships. One such official is Derrick Stafford, whose most recent run-in with the Kings occurred Friday night in their loss to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Kings center Vlade Divac, who admittedly had a running conversation with Stafford on Friday, complained loudly late in the game that the referee called a foul on the Lakers with 10.2 seconds left just to make it look as if the number of calls on each team was more even.

The Kings were called for five fouls in the first three minutes of the fourth quarter.

"Derrick," Divac screamed to the other end of the court, "don't call fouls now. We don't need them now."

Divac said Stafford told shooting guard Doug Christie, who still was on the court, "Tell Vlade this is not the last game of yours I'll be working this season."

Divac said the league's best officials do not take things personally.

"I have a tremendous amount of respect for those guys," he said. "They have a tough, very tough job. But you can't take things personally, and I know they have things going on in their lives just like everybody else. They've got personal problems, you know, and they can get up on the wrong side of the bed just like you and me.

"And this is an emotional game. I know I can get emotional, but in two or three seconds, it's over. With some of these (referees), it's not like that.

"But I know for a fact that Derrick didn't mean that. I know that."

Also Friday, Stafford was involved in a heated discussion in front of the Kings' bench with coach Rick Adelman, responding to one of Adelman's comments with an expletive.

Earlier this season, Stafford turned what could have been a crucial three-point play for Bobby Jackson into an offensive foul in a loss at Orlando.

Adelman, who also admits he banters with officials, immediately became livid after Friday's exchange, responding, "What did you say to me? What happens if I say that to you?"

The coach said he did not plan to file a report but added, "(Officials) should not be allowed to do stuff like that."

And from a later report...
Quote:
Referees: ESPN.com reported that one game official has been suspended and another fined by the league in the wake of run-ins with Heat coach Pat Riley.
Derrick Stafford, who clashed with Riley during a Heat-Blazers game before the All-Star break, served a two-game suspension this month, league sources said. Steve Javie was fined $1,000 for a 2001-02 season spat with Riley.

Quote:
Ostertag and Sloan got after referee Derrick Stafford, complaining early and often -- too often -- about what they believe is star treatment afforded Shaquille O'Neal, the Lakers' gigantic center. Ostertag was whistled for a foul just 75 seconds into the game, a call he argued strenuously. When the Jazz went to the other end, Ostertag was stripped of the ball as he tried to shoot -- a play he felt was a foul.
When there was no whistle, Ostertag forced Stafford to make a call -- a technical foul on the Jazz center. When he tried to confront Stafford over the play, Matt Harpring stepped in front of him to pull him away. But Ostertag kept coming, and Stafford quickly awarded Ostertag his first ejection since Feb. 27, 2000 in Portland.
"The thing that aggravated me was . . . I thought Greg got hammered on the shot and there was no call on it," Sloan said. "Obviously, he was a little upset. And I sat there and got a little more upset the more I thought about it."
Six minutes later, Sloan could hold his tongue no longer. He yelled something at Stafford -- "I won't talk about it out loud. I'll whisper it to you because I don't want to pay any more fines," Sloan said -- that drew a technical, then jumped to his feet just in time to earn a second foul and automatic ejection.

And now the newest...
Quote:
Iverson protested when the Lakers were awarded the ball after he and Derek Fisher dove for it near the sidelines. When referee Derrick Stafford slapped Iverson with a technical, Brown complained to referee Joe Forte and Forte called a technical on him. While Bryant was making the two free throws, Hill complained and Stafford gave him a technical.

Bryant then converted the third free throw to give Los Angeles a 64-54 lead, and the Lakers were up 80-70 heading into the fourth quarter.

"I don't think we had a shot after that. It is just frustrating," Iverson said. "I think that referee, Derrick, has a vendetta against us and it was evident today. We weren't able to talk to him at all. When we asked about things, he gave us smart comments and pretty much juked us.

"My head was mentally out of the game after that because I felt like we didn't have a shot."

Brown said: "One of the officials has it personal for some of our players and if that wasn't the greatest forum to see that, nothing is. He's been personal with us for a long, long time."

Stafford had already left the arena when the Sixers made their complaints and was unavailable for comment.

This guy's outta control! Wonder if anyone keeps track of number of technicals/ejections given...

Wags_16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject:

Vercetti wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
RealOne wrote:

I think its excuse making. Like this is the first time they've ever had to play a 2nd of a back to back in Denver after a home game. A home game in which starters didn't even have to play that many minutes because of a blow out.

Dude it's November...Real Laker fans know it's all about June...
ViolaMB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject:

ok i had to go after the first half, it was a decent one considering a very hard back to back. Before i watch it can someone just tell me what the hell happened in the second half ???
DrewBynum#17
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject:

I didn´t see the game, but wow what a nightmare. That 3rd quarter was a disgrace. I hope they prove that they are the champions, and nobody mess with us, in the next game.

Let´s just forget this journey.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42
Jump to: