***LAKERS -vs- BULLS 11/19 Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Farmar and Brown taking over the backup guard spots with no Sasha is so nice. Made the game much more enjoyable lol.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
with gasol, it really appeared easy for everyone, and the ball moved well. Only thing i did see was that kobe just couldn't camp in the post... and his shooting suffered..

when Kobe plays the facilitator role, the ball moves well. With Kobe and Bynum in the post, they can become blackholes...though they were efficient.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
with gasol, it really appeared easy for everyone, and the ball moved well. Only thing i did see was that kobe just couldn't camp in the post... and his shooting suffered..

when Kobe plays the facilitator role, the ball moves well. With Kobe and Bynum in the post, they can become blackholes...though they were efficient.

Agreed.

Offense is much better when you have a guy who can facilitate from the post and Kobe is playing a guard role.

Still we did use the Kobe/Bynum or Kobe/Gasol post play option when LO came in. Kobe was working the post.

It's just about a balance. Kobe is the team's best guard by far. He is IMO the only guy on the team that can play point guard and still be a factor scoring wise. LO can't do both, neither can Ron and Fish only can't make plays for teammates like a PG. So Kobe is the team's best playmaking guard and it was great to see him adjust immediately when Pau returned to the starters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Comrades
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject:

nice to have pau back... kobe still needs to find his shot back..but its a W so all's good!! yeah!
grimmz4764
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Isaiah wrote:
Laker Hater aka kobe Suck wrote:
Kobe should quit basketball because he is a hummiliation to the sport

you are a humiliation to laker haters

Seriously. I've seen some good trolls, you sir are not a good troll.
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

it sure looks that way - 6 players in double figures. but the lakers only had 20 assists in this game. thru the first 11 games they're averaging more assist than they did tonight. the ball was actually moving when andrew and kobe were in the post - they had 3 games when they had over 30 assists as team. LO and artest were providing more assists. even though i agree with you, strangely, the numbers don't bear it out.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject:

The problem with the assist stat Luca is that Kobe gives a ton of guys assists in the post. A simple post entry feed by LO/Ron/Fish to Kobe which results in Kobe scoring of a post move = assist.

Tonight you saw less credited assists but the ball movement and motion of the offense was much better.

I'm a fan of the Kobe/Bynum or Kobe/Gasol dual post game, it is something I always wished they would use with Kobe/Shaq and the shooter we had back then. However you do get better motion and movement with playing Kobe at guard and having the post more open to other guys.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Luca Brasi wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

it sure looks that way - 6 players in double figures. but the lakers only had 20 assists in this game. thru the first 11 games they're averaging more assist than they did tonight. the ball was actually moving when andrew and kobe were in the post - they had 3 games when they had over 30 assists as team. LO and artest were providing more assists. even though i agree with you, strangely, the numbers don't bear it out.

True.. But, the assists were more of Kobe working off the ball and going directly into his shot in the post.. he was just efficient in the post.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Comrades wrote:
nice to have pau back... kobe still needs to find his shot back..but its a W so all's good!! yeah!

I want to see him stick to his midrange game working off the ball.. otherwise, look to facilitate the offense..
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject:

you and wolf make a good point. the assists were coming from better FG efficiency. we scored in the paint tonight. 30 of 41 FGs makes were in the paint.

i think as long as bynum/gasol/kobe are on the floor only one player can be in the post, simply because it's difficult to post two seven footers, even if one is posting on the strong side and one on the weak side. but i think the team will still go to the double post up when either bynum/kobe or gasol/kobe is in the lineup and not all three.

regardless, we should be seeing a lot more 5 and 6 players in double figures the rest of the season, with kobe returning to his regular role.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Agreed.

Offense is much better when you have a guy who can facilitate from the post and Kobe is playing a guard role.

brings back memories of the glorious early 2000s..
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Agreed.

Still we did use the Kobe/Bynum or Kobe/Gasol post play option when LO came in. Kobe was working the post.

It's just about a balance. Kobe is the team's best guard by far. He is IMO the only guy on the team that can play point guard and still be a factor scoring wise. LO can't do both, neither can Ron and Fish only can't make plays for teammates like a PG. So Kobe is the team's best playmaking guard and it was great to see him adjust immediately when Pau returned to the starters.

This is why Gasol is SOOOO good. He doesn't stop the ball.

I can name 3 or 4 big men that have averaged close to 20 and 10 yet their teams are DISMAL. Gasol on the other hand led the Memphis team to 50+ wins back to back before the big foot injury he had.

Andrew can definitely learn from him. It's not just about pounding the ball and kicking out if doubled. You HAVE to keep the offense flowing.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Luca Brasi wrote:
you and wolf make a good point. the assists were coming from better FG efficiency. we scored in the paint tonight. 30 of 41 FGs makes were in the paint.

i think as long as bynum/gasol/kobe are on the floor only one player can be in the post, simply because it's difficult to post two seven footers, even if one is posting on the strong side and one on the weak side. but i think the team will still go to the double post up when either bynum/kobe or gasol/kobe is in the lineup and not all three.

regardless, we should be seeing a lot more 5 and 6 players in double figures the rest of the season, with kobe returning to his regular role.

Without a DOUBT, at this point it mainly has to go through Gasol. Despite the gaudy FG%, the ball absolutely dies in AB's hands. The offense becomes ridiculously predictable. Gasol facilitates from that position. When we run the offense the way it's supposed to, we can control tempo, rebounds, etc.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28
Jump to: