Thermador Oven Repair Person

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:20 pm    Post subject: Thermador Oven Repair Person

Hello - There are so many scams out there so I thought I would ask the team here first.

I live in Santa Clarita, CA and have a Thermador wall oven that is about 20 years old that needs repair. There is a cooling fan issue from what i have read. It works fine, except when on for long periods of time.

I don't trust anyone, does anyone know a Thermador appliance repair person who is reliable perhaps near my area?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:06 am    Post subject:

Thermador has (or had) a list of approved repair services on their website. I threw out my Thermador last year and picked up a Dacor.

I will never buy a Thermador again. When problems surfaced (broiler went out), the first two "approved" repair service techs could not find the problem. The third repair tech was a moron, he broke the oven door and acted like a child ("It was like that when I got here"). A fourth repair person was summoned, and he mentioned that the door could be fixed, but the parts for broiler were no longer manufactured, as Bosch (who bought Thermador) decided to stop supplying them. I was told to look online, some discontinued parts were still available elsewhere. At that point, I decided to toss the Thermador and move on to another manufacturer.

My problems with the Thermador range were not unique. You'll find plenty of scathing reviews of their service online.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:53 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Thermador has (or had) a list of approved repair services on their website. I threw out my Thermador last year and picked up a Dacor.

I will never buy a Thermador again. When problems surfaced (broiler went out), the first two "approved" repair service techs could not find the problem. The third repair tech was a moron, he broke the oven door and acted like a child ("It was like that when I got here"). A fourth repair person was summoned, and he mentioned that the door could be fixed, but the parts for broiler were no longer manufactured, as Bosch (who bought Thermador) decided to stop supplying them. I was told to look online, some discontinued parts were still available elsewhere. At that point, I decided to toss the Thermador and move on to another manufacturer.

My problems with the Thermador range were not unique. You'll find plenty of scathing reviews of their service online.

Thanks for your feedback.
I also looked up the "approved" repair people and most have piss-poor Yelp ratings and some with F BBB ratings.
You would think Thermador would monitor that?
You want to promote crappy "licensed" and "approved" schmucks?

We want to try and fix it first versus replacing it. Rather spend $600 than $6000 since the oven does work fine except when it is overuse mode and it shuts off.

Fingers crossed.

Do you like GE Profile or KitchenAid? Looking at both of those. I think GE PRofile is a bit better.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:31 am    Post subject:

I didn't research the GE Profile or KitchenAid ranges. I looked at Wolf, Viking, and Dacor. I liked Dacor and managed to grab one for roughly 40% below the list price. It was sheer luck, unbeknownst to me, the retailer was in serious trouble and was probably liquidating inventory to prevent involuntary bankruptcy. They went under in February.

I feel bad for anyone who ordered from them and didn't receive the goods. At this point in time you're just another unsecured claim in a Chapter 7 liquidation.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:16 am    Post subject:

You live in Santa Clarita now? Why would you ever choose to move there from Pasadena? How are you liking it?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:37 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
You live in Santa Clarita now? Why would you ever choose to move there from Pasadena? How are you liking it?

We love it.
We moved from Pasadena to Stevenson Ranch in 2009.
My kids at the time were 2, 4 and 6.
Schools in Pasadena are terrible and I was working in Burbank so we wanted to go where the distinguished blue ribbon schools were.
Best move we ever made.

My daughter is now 21, wrapping up her BA in Film and Cinema with emphasis on Film Production at Cal State Northridge.
My middle son is now 19 and wrapping up his first year at the prestigious CalArts (California Institute of the Arts) where he is pursuing his BFA in graphic design with digital arts minor.
Lastly, my youngest is 17 and a junior at West Ranch High School (one of highest rated high schools around) and he applies for colleges in Fall. He is focused on Engineering and has a 4.85 GPA and is taking 5 AP courses including Physics and Calculus....He's looking at UC Berkeley, Stanford, Cal Tech, etc.

I would say the schools and area had a lot to do with that. So, if you are interested in great schools, great area, this is the place.

Lastly, we bought our house during the recession in 2009 and its worth 3 times what we paid. Love the area....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: