KG picture on LG

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoveLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: KG picture on LG

Can someone please take his picture down?
He has been up there for a few day. It kind of annoying when a Celtics player's picture is up there for such a long time.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject:

He showed his true colors to me,thats for sure...Rip that picture down....
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject:

I didn't even know his pic was up. I just go straight to the forums.
Glad I missed his mug.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject:

I couldn't agree more. To hell with KG and the Celts! Get 'em off LG!
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject:

Another vote take it down!
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject:

KG is just a glorified Chris Webber. I say Sasha should be on the front of LG. What say you?
som3on3_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject:

Agreed, don't get me wrong KG is one hell of a player, but he does not wear purple and gold. When I login to this site, I only want to see pictures of players wearing the purple and gold. So mods...please remove that pic. I'd rather see Samaki Walker on there instead of KG, oh wait did I say Samaki Walker?
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject:

I am voting to take that ugly MF photo down also.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject:

thank God, i bookmarked the Lounge... i never even go to the home page!
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject:

I like the picture!
Alpha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject:

hig wrote:
I didn't even know his pic was up. I just go straight to the forums.
Glad I missed his mug.

Same here.

1st off, not all mods can change the front page so please be patient with them as that is not the only duty they have in life.

2nd, as much as I'm sure we can have 100% of the members of LG sing in harmony their disdain for the Celtics/players please keep in mind that you are also disrespecting the person who put the pic up.

IF I was the one who put it up and walked into this thread, I would understand the notion but honestly also feel a bit slighted by the tone in which it has been presented.

3rd, I'm moving this to the Feedback Forum where it should have been posted in the first place... that or a simple PM to a mod would have sufficed as well.

Last edited by Alpha on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject:

take it down I say though!!! TAKE IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone else feel a sense of pride every time they see KG wearing the bandage above his eye and think "Yep. We did that"
som3on3_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
Does anyone else feel a sense of pride every time they see KG wearing the bandage above his eye and think "Yep. We did that"

I'd exchange the cut on KG's eye for a W any day of the week.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:

Funny you mentioned that because KG & the Gang, reminds me a lot of how Elton Brand was behaving that one season when the Clippers looked like a strong up and coming team. He was really full of himself at the time, but not in the good way of just carrying the confidence to win, but in the way of having to talk smack as though they were so great and your tean just sucked. In fact, I remember one time we were playing the Clippers and after he scored, he ran over to Phil and told him to call a time-out (presumably to try to find an answer for his unstoppable greatness). It really irked me at the time, because you can tell a lot about a person by how they handle success, as well as failure. Elton has always handled failure with grace and dignity making you want to root for him against all comers (accept the Lakers, of course), but his ego and subsequent egotistical behavior when his team was finally having success, was very disappointing. That trend reminds me a lot of KG's attitude these days. Gone is the grace that made me root for this guy no matter what - and it has been replaced by a guy who thinks he's all that and a bag of chips.

Don't get me wrong, players who believe in themselves and carry that confidence to believe they're going to beat you, are awesome to watch play. That self-belief can accomplish things mere mortals never even dream of, but there's a way to carry that confidence without humiliating your opponent beyond just kicking his ass. It's often easy to lose with dignity because you don't want others to think you're a sore loser, but when you win without class, that's telling.

Even James Posey was talking smack, calling the Lakers clowns for going retro - as though there's anything wrong with wanting to pump up an old rivalry and get fans excited again. It worked against us (I think it proved to be a distraction), but that's not the point as you sometimes don't know that an idea is a bad one until it plays itself out on the court.

Those Celtics are classless punks, KG included. That pic must go.
Purps
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:

Funny you mentioned that because KG & the Gang, reminds me a lot of how Elton Brand was behaving that one season when the Clippers looked like a strong up and coming team. He was really full of himself at the time, but not in the good way of just carrying the confidence to win, but in the way of having to talk smack as though they were so great and your tean just sucked. In fact, I remember one time we were playing the Clippers and after he scored, he ran over to Phil and told him to call a time-out (presumably to try to find an answer for his unstoppable greatness). It really irked me at the time, because you can tell a lot about a person by how they handle success, as well as failure. Elton has always handled failure with grace and dignity making you want to root for him against all comers (accept the Lakers, of course), but his ego and subsequent egotistical behavior when his team was finally having success, was very disappointing. That trend reminds me a lot of KG's attitude these days. Gone is the grace that made me root for this guy no matter what - and it has been replaced by a guy who thinks he's all that and a bag of chips.

Don't get me wrong, players who believe in themselves and carry that confidence to believe they're going to beat you, are awesome to watch play. That self-belief can accomplish things mere mortals never even dream of, but there's a way to carry that confidence without humiliating your opponent beyond just kicking his ass. It's often easy to lose with dignity because you don't want others to think you're a sore loser, but when you win without class, that's telling.

Even James Posey was talking smack, calling the Lakers clowns for going retro - as though there's anything wrong with wanting to pump up an old rivalry and get fans excited again. It worked against us (I think it proved to be a distraction), but that's not the point as you sometimes don't know that an idea is a bad one until it plays itself out on the court.

Those Celtics are classless punks, KG included. That pic must go.

Well said.
Choson1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject:

we need to keep KG's picture up! he bleeds purple and gold! he's a closet laker jocker
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Choson1 wrote:
we need to keep KG's picture up! he bleeds purple and gold! he's a closet laker jocker

if thats the case. someone photo shop his jersey into a laker jersey and make his red blood turn purple like a gatoraid commercial. otherwise, TAKE IT DOWN>
som3on3_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject:

Any updates on the removal of the KG picture? I really don't enjoy seeing a Celtic everytime I visit this site. To the mod who put that picture up there, please, I beg of you, remove the picture!!!
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Yep, it's gone. They changed it back to the "Health is a big concern" headline w/ a Kobe picture
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: