Offical New Mods and New Leadership Appreciation Thread

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Offical New Mods and New Leadership Appreciation Thread

I have to say, and it's not a slight on any of the past mods or Jason or Phil, it was tough to be on here a while back. I just think that venturalakersfan and Alpha have done a great job since becoming moderators on this board. Alpha is doing a great job of lumping together all the piss and moan threads and both have been friendly in their criticism. VLF has done a great job of being a regular poster without the "I am moderator therefore have more credibility than the rest of you cretins" attitude.

I usually don't like these "Official Appreciation" threads and generally ignore them, but LG.net is becoming an even better place than it was before. Great job guys.
Arizona
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Offical New Mods and New Leadership Appreciation Thread

mike_dee23 wrote:
I have to say, and it's not a slight on any of the past mods or Jason or Phil, it was tough to be on here a while back. I just think that venturalakersfan and Alpha have done a great job since becoming moderators on this board. Alpha is doing a great job of lumping together all the piss and moan threads and both have been friendly in their criticism. VLF has done a great job of being a regular poster without the "I am moderator therefore have more credibility than the rest of you cretins" attitude.

I usually don't like these "Official Appreciation" threads and generally ignore them, but LG.net is becoming an even better place than it was before. Great job guys.
I agree! It's great to have moderators who try and diffuse a situation instead of making it worse by flying off the handle. Great job guys!

“You’ve got to play with pride and guts.” -LO
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject:

I forgot to that DB as well. Every since I joined this board I assumed he was the leader... it just seemed that way. Now that the site is officially in his hands, things just seem right. Know what I mean?
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject:

Alpha? Alpha? Are we talking about Alpha? Alpha sucks as a mod.

J/k Alpha has been doing a great job of merging and locking threads. Keep up the great work.
HyeLakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Offical New Mods and New Leadership Appreciation Thread

mike_dee23 wrote:

+1
Alpha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject:

Alpha Sucks! Alpha sabotaged another game! Trade Alpha for a plastic spoon!

lol, thanks guys... IMO all leadership has been great past & present.

DB is doing some incredible things to really build on the foundations set by Jason & Phil... we ARE truly part of one of the greatest sites on the net.

btw, this isn't Laker related I'm moving to the feedback forum
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject:

you suck, Alpha! I guess this is where it belongs.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject:

I hope there is no correlation between what is percieved to be a case where the LG forum appears to improve while at the same time the Lakers team appears to worsen.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
KBryantisclutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject:

The current mod team is doing great. I think it is much smoother without JD as mod, to be honest. No disrespect to JD or anything, I appreciate his services here and wish him well as a general poster and person. As far as the mod team I think it is good that he is no longer a part of it.
Continue the good work staff.
Alpha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject:

^While JD and I do not have the same approach in moderating (and he shouldn't as each should mod in their own manner/personality) I appreciated his work in attempts to keep this place civil... and after being a mod for a short period of time respect him even more.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Definitely appreciate the good work by the mods.

But something is still a bit off, the team isn't quite championship level yet. And I think I know the problem.

Coach DB just isn't running plays for Uberzev. Poor Zev, you're just not using his skills properly. Last I checked you had him way out there modding the Lakers Multimedia section!?!?! Put him in General NBA at least, get him closer to the Lounge, I mean, damn. I've seen what he can do, and if you aren't going to use him properly, just trade him already for a CL poster to be named later, save us some bandwidth at the very least.

But really, kudos to the mod team.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Zev is doing some great work behind the scenes... just wait.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
Definitely appreciate the good work by the mods.

But something is still a bit off, the team isn't quite championship level yet. And I think I know the problem.

Coach DB just isn't running plays for Uberzev. Poor Zev, you're just not using his skills properly. Last I checked you had him way out there modding the Lakers Multimedia section!?!?! Put him in General NBA at least, get him closer to the Lounge, I mean, damn. I've seen what he can do, and if you aren't going to use him properly, just trade him already for a CL poster to be named later, save us some bandwidth at the very least.

But really, kudos to the mod team.

Zev has tremendous e-length, but doesn't know how to use his God-given moderating abilities to get the upper hand on Lounge posters.

Uberzev is the Lamar Odom of LG mods.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject:

By the way, I do like when mods are now explaining why they are moving or locking certain threads.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Ventura and Alpha are good posters and people. Often when that's the case, the transition to moderator is easy too.

I am a fan of both. They are fair and level headed.

Thanks for the effort. All of you guys. I do wish Popcorn Machine would come back at a full time basis though. He had awesome takes and thought he did good job in dealing with some posters who had nothing but hate for Laker players.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: