LAKERS -at- MAVS - 3/18 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB.

I'm sure glad Dallas traded Devon Harris, he would have made a difference last night. The Lakers dared Kidd to shoot, playing him to drive or pass. Harris would have blown by our PGs, and would have killed us whenever Turiaf wasn't on the floor.

I liked the fact that the Lakers drove on Dampier early, as Damp is a foul waiting to happen. It took Dampier out of the game, and he seemed to never get back into the flow....

Vlad the Impaler? Great nick, well-earned. Based on Walton's performance, I was thinking Cold Hand Luke.
Arizona
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject:

KingKobe wrote:
You gotta know Vlad is sitting there on the bench looking at Luke Walton and wondering what the hell is going on. I mean he's gotta be like "I'm losing my minutes to this guy? WTF?" Come on Phil.

“You’ve got to play with pride and guts.” -LO
JTS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject:

will someone PLEASE confirm if kobe's 360 circus shot was the play of the night!????! boy, it was fantastic!!!!!

P.S...a game of two halves but at the end a big 'ol W!

"Not at all," Bryant said, smiling. "I won't let that happen. I crack the whip."
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject:

JTS wrote:
will someone PLEASE confirm if kobe's 360 circus shot was the play of the night!????! boy, it was fantastic!!!!!

Play of the night according to whom?
JTS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject:

^^^^^^^^^^^
espn. i didn't get a chance to watch sports center last night.

i'm sure it was the play of night around here.

"Not at all," Bryant said, smiling. "I won't let that happen. I crack the whip."
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject:

THANK YOU VLAD!
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject:

JTS wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^
espn. i didn't get a chance to watch sports center last night.

i'm sure it was the play of night around here.

#4 ON SPORTSCENTER (#1 WAS FULL LENGTH HOCKEY GOAL)
#2 ON NBA-TV (#1 WAS STRO DUNK ON TYRUS)
JTS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject:

#4????????????????????????????????????????? i get a full length goal, but was it an empty net play?

#2...ok, didn't see the stro dunk so i really can't be very objective.

[so there!]it will be no 1 with me anyhoo![\so there!]

Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject:

The Mavs could've lied down being behind by 25, but they were aggressive to the rim and got the benefit of a ton of FT's in the 3rd. Their strategy of immediately doubling Kobe in the 4th almost worked, but Vlad came through when needed both in the game and in this road trip from hell. He was amazing during that span.

Props to LO for assaulting the backboards and, of all people, being the one to knock down 2 clutch FTs. 15 shots is a lot for him. Obviously, he's not as efficient when Pau's not on the court.

Sasha is growing on me as a 4th Q player. His tenacity, frenzied activity and length can really help the PG defense. He hampered Kidd (even though Kidd was really invisible for this game) in each of the last two Mav games.

Let's see, we won the last 2 with the Mavs by a couple of hairs on Phil's chinny chin chin. As it stands right now, we'd play the Mavs in the 1st round. It's going to be an intense playoffs.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject:

JTS wrote:
#4????????????????????????????????????????? i get a full length goal, but was it an empty net play?

NOPE. the goalie misplayed it
JTS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject:

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:
JTS wrote:

NOPE. the goalie misplayed it

that is so :rolleyes!!!!!

thanks mr. eight-one for all your responses!

fakethefunk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Interesting that the Lakers (out of necessity) had a lineup of

5 - LO
4 - Vlad
3 - Kobe
2 - Sasha
1 - DFish

And it worked against the Mavs

I love that friggin lineup. While we are short Gasol and Bynum I think we should use it more often.

When Gasol returns I would like to see

Turiaf
Gasol
Odom
Kobster
fisher

I think for now it makes us tougher defensively

KOBE BRYANT
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Got to give credit to the Dallas - they were able to adjust their game in the second half while Lakers were not. In the first half Kobe got the ball much closer to the basket, and when Dallas doubled, Lakers had a straight pass to the cutter. None of that was allowed in the second half...

Much better play by Kobe this time. I also liked what Fish did in defence. He has to find his shot again, otherwise he will kill us offensively. And where the hell is Farmar? Boy, go buy yourself some new sneakers or something. This is not the way to play this game! Oh, OK, you are still better that Luke

Some bad calls by Phil. The layup Vlad gave away and was subbed out for, it was actually so open because there was no help D by Lakers. Vlad played the same way the whole game, but earlier Ronny blocked all (OK, half ) the shots that came after someone blew by Vlad... And then Luke comes in for Vlad to destroy everything Lakers have built. He is the next who just has to be traded for whatever. He is just completely useless this season.

Good to get a W. The second quarter almost gave me a heart attack though.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Arizona
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:
The Mavs could've lied down being behind by 25, but they were aggressive to the rim and got the benefit of a ton of FT's in the 3rd. Their strategy of immediately doubling Kobe in the 4th almost worked, but Vlad came through when needed both in the game and in this road trip from hell. He was amazing during that span.

Props to LO for assaulting the backboards and, of all people, being the one to knock down 2 clutch FTs. 15 shots is a lot for him. Obviously, he's not as efficient when Pau's not on the court.

Sasha is growing on me as a 4th Q player. His tenacity, frenzied activity and length can really help the PG defense. He hampered Kidd (even though Kidd was really invisible for this game) in each of the last two Mav games.

Let's see, we won the last 2 with the Mavs by a couple of hairs on Phil's chinny chin chin. As it stands right now, we'd play the Mavs in the 1st round. It's going to be an intense playoffs.
I know, he only shot 70% from the field in the game before. What a slacker! :roll:

“You’ve got to play with pride and guts.” -LO
Nigerianlaker
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject:

My first post here - and I hope this subject I'm about to pose is not incendiary or against the grain. I live in Nigeria, so I only get to watch choice games on ESPN once in a long while.
It concerns Phil's coaching (or lack of) in 4th quarter situations. The general trend in Lakers' 4th Qtrs this season is for the team to lose steam and revert to iso plays for Kobe and ditch the triangle offense that gets the team easy hoops. And that's why the opposition always has a chance at a comeback.
What's up with the Zen master? Kobe has to be leader and coach out there? Never mind the hatorade waterfall?
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject:

The point guards are really missing those big men down low. And it's not just a spacing thing or a cleaning up their mistakes thing.

I think they miss those easy assists on lobs and transition dunks. I mean, you see how fired up they get after thunderous dunks, with every score being such a grinding effort, I think their confidence is shaken.
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject:

Arizona wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:

I know, he only shot 70% from the field in the game before. What a slacker! :roll:

and 5 for 15 in the most recent.

The lakers will get prince.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject:

Huge win, I felt the Lakers had to get the Dallas game to avoid an 0-fer trip.

If they can somehow shock Utah at home short handed, this 2-2 trip would be like a 10-0 trip as far as I am concerned.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject:

I know this is like two days late but what a GREAT WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vlad Rad coming up HUGE for us!!!

Kobe being himself

ROnny being the ture BEAST HE IS!!!!!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: