What companies get automatic links?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: What companies get automatic links?

DB, I typed Adidas and it gets automatically linked... who else is a sponsor?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Only two or three. Tivo and Barrys Tickets ... Amazon used to.

It's still a test of something we wanted to try a year or two ago but never got around to it.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject:

Does LG only get money if we buy something after clicking on that link? For example, if I clicked on the Adidas link and bought something, would LG get some $$$? Or do you guys just get some for offering that?
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject:

The in-line ads ought to be generating you a lot more money than those that you have on top. They're the most intrusive, and if the words are popular enough amongst search companies, should provide you the most money on clickthroughs.

I personally can't stand that form of advertisement, and have noticed it makes the formatting go out of whack when put as the topic subject. But, I guess any thing to generate a buck to keep the site going.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
Does LG only get money if we buy something after clicking on that link? For example, if I clicked on the <a href="http://www.dpbolvw.net/rc122dlurlt8BHBB9GB8A9DD9BEH" target="_blank">Adidas</a> link and bought something, would LG get some $$$? Or do you guys just get some for offering that?

Yes, LG would get money off purchases from those links.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
The in-line ads ought to be generating you a lot more money than those that you have on top. They're the most intrusive, and if the words are popular enough amongst search companies, should provide you the most money on clickthroughs.

I personally can't stand that form of advertisement, and have noticed it makes the formatting go out of whack when put as the topic subject. But, I guess any thing to generate a buck to keep the site going.

I don't like the way it formats, either. Also, the way we're doing is far less intrusive than the full run of site type of inline ads...which I don't like, as well. But again, this is just a test, and we're taking in all your feedback.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:
Does LG only get money if we buy something after clicking on that link? For example, if I clicked on the <a href="http://www.dpbolvw.net/rc122dlurlt8BHBB9GB8A9DD9BEH" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.dpbolvw.net/rc122dlurlt8BHBB9GB8A9DD9BEH" target="_blank">Adidas</a></a> link and bought something, would LG get some $$$? Or do you guys just get some for offering that?

Yes, LG would get money off purchases from those links.

sweet, I need trail running shoes. I'll definitely buy them from Adidas.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: