OMG!!! Why is our wonderful site going down the tubes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chef Green
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Waitaminute...isn't the OP the same guy who started a thread the other day calling the Nuggets - specifically the black guys with tattoos and cornrows - "wannabe ghetto thugs?"

And, didn't that thread get locked, by a mod, about 5 minutes later?

Seems to me as if everything is working just fine.
Canuck
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
I blame, Gary Vitti... he didn't tape the knee of this site correctly and now this site is injured.

Fire him already.

Damn you Gary Vitti..........................Damn you!!!!!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Personally, I think that this site has improved immensely over the last 6-8 months, and it's not because of the pleasantly surprising season that the Lakers have put together.

Vitriol, instigation, and throwing your "e-weight" around was a hallmark of this site when JD was a mod. The things that people were banned for, and the overtly aggressive actions of the staff were unbelievable, and I rarely visited as a result.

Phil put the clamps down on that childishness, and the site improved immediately. Then, consider the nature of VLF & Alpha's posts. For example, the "instigation" that VLF put forth today was nothing more than an unpopular opinion of the Kobe rape case.

The trolls and whatnot? No, there isn't a quick trigger, and props for that. Guys like KobehastheMAGIC and Pajamahadeen end up finding their way to Bansville, it's inevitable. But the trivial and sophmoric instigation from THE STAFF does not happen anymore.

Kudos to DB and the current Mod team for keeping a good thing going. I'm here much more often than I used to be, and that's because the maturity level of the staff has increased enormously.
JD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject:

Funny how GoldenThroat throws around his personal insults, coupled with a holier than thou attitude.
Alpha

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject:

Reason for lock: Thread is becoming exactly the opposite of what the OP is trying to accomplish.

Most posting here are some of the main contributing members to the site. The only reason you all have such strong opinions is because you DO care about this community.

I was looking for ways to keep the thread going but too many personal attacks and non-constructive, negative posts are in here... and I don't have the patience to edit/delete/clean up the thread.

I think these posts pretty much summed it up.

Also, just because in one's opinion someone is being an "ass" doesn't necessarily mean that they are violating the TOS. Often times it's those "close calls" that rest on the judgement of which ever mod happens to stumble on the post.

LakerSanity wrote:
Exick wrote:
Vague descriptions like "reality TV" and "freaking mess" are unhelpful. Not every mod can read every thread and see every comment.

On that note, some suggestions...

1. If you have a problem with a poster, don't personally attack, report to a Mod through PM.
2. If you have a problem with a mod, don't personally attack, report to another mod through PM.
3. If you think someone is a troll, don't feed the troll's thread or personally attack him, report him to a mod through PM.
4. If you absolutely hate PMing mods (as I do) ignore the thread/post or, if you must reply, do so politely.
5. Be less sensitive to opinions one doesn't agree with... they are just opinions - a controversial opinion isn't automatically troll behavior.

Lastly, when people complain, I wish they would be more specific and site some specific examples. There is definitely a difference between a site full of diverse opinions (maybe many one doesn't agree with) and a site full of trolls, personal attacks.

It's obvious to me that there a lot more users on this site than a year ago... that tends to happen with a team that is dominating and a new server that can handle a lot more posters. With so many new posters (and even old posters who now contribute more because of a faster site and/or excitement about the team), I think it's fair for the site administrators to have a bit of a grace period as well.

I personally think the site is doing really well... the only thing I have a problem with is the game thread.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: