Quick questions about site management

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rollins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Quick questions about site management

Question #1
Now that the league is in its "Final Four" Conference Finals stage and the Lakers are among that group is it possible to allow a thread(s) dealing with the Celtics-Pistons match-up to remain in the lounge rather than be moved to the general basketball forum? If the Lakers are eliminated in the WCF then of course all discussion that is not Laker specific would return to the General NBA forum. But reading about the other potential opponent is actually a lot of fun at this point knowing that the Lakers may face either one of those other two teams.

Can there be a thread for Celtic players/Piston players (all discussion about those players goes into that one thread). Piston-Celtic news/media/articles (all discussion goes there) and then one that is a game discussion. I know that having 50 million threads about people other than Lakers is a concern so maybe putting some boundaries on it could work? Maybe? Just wondering...
Thanks

Question #2
Is it possible that all in-game comments related to the Lakers game can be contained in one thread while the game is going on? Basically not have new threads related to the game opened during the actual game?

Often the in-game threads are the ones that disinegrate to name calling flame wars all because the thread was started during the game rather than after when all the dust has settled. Some people feel the need to start a new thread with every new thought that pops into their head. Logging in to LG after the game to a bunch of emotionally silly titled threads that were posted during the game is not just annoying it's often the cause of flames. Having threads titled "Puke!!!! Sux!!!" (or any other player of choice) and then seeing it was posted 10 minutes into the game when a player has a turn over, or misses a free throw or a shot is just ridiculous. Then after the game if the player has an overall okay showing then the flames start. Yeah, I know it's asking a lot but I just wanted to put it out there.

Thanks for providing a space for questions and comments!
Alpha

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject:

Nice thoughts... I'll defer the decision for #1 to DB.

For me, I could see it if limited to one thread but... I can also see the objections from members allowing the hated Celtics having the privilege If there is an official consolodated thread in the Gen BBall Forum wouldn't it serve the same purpose? Although I understand the desire NOT to have to venture away from the main forum (pre-mod days I was that way).

On #2 I totally agree... although it is dang tough to moderate. I think for the most part we are in harmony here, it's just that when mods aren't available some seem to take advantage (like kids left alone in a classroom).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: