SPURS -at- LAKERS - 5/23 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremysnowIII
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject:

Thansks for the great story Mr.Dancing BArry!

I was really happy to see Jordan have a good game and especially happy to see Trevor get minutes.Gramps was happier tham I was since he feels that TRevor will be so important for us if we get past the Sppurs.
Gramps says that Chaunsy Billups is hurting and bothered by his hamstrings injury.Gramps surprised me becuase for the first time this year he said something not too good about the Celtics. He said the Pistons might be able to get past the Celtics, becuase age and a lack of chemistry seems to be showing on the Celtics end. Gramps said that all those years of losing for KG shows late in close games andKG gets nervuos from making the big plays late in a close game. Gramps says KG is not like Kobe, Tim Duncan or Tony Parker who play big in big games.Gramps said the Celtics margin of home victories with each series has got smaller from Atlanta Cleveland and now Detroit.Gramps doubts they win on the road. Gramps says the Celtics margin of losses per away game in the playoffs gottn wrose with Altanta and Clvedland.Gramps hopes the Celtics can win one game becuase it will tire out the Celtics and Pistons winner.Gramps says we need to beat the Celtics and Pistons winner in game one, since the 2 3 2 puts a lot of pressure on the visiting team to win since winning three games in a row at home is sometimes hard to do.After watching game one aganst the Spurs, Gramps gets very nervous watchig the lakers.
There is one player that gets Gramps conserned and he is Rodney Stuckey. Gramps says Stuckey is a bull and is tall and built like Chauncey Billups except faster.Gramps says that Stuckey is the type of player that Jordan Farmer cannot guard since he is a big, strong point guard.He also might be too tall for Derek to gaurd. Gramps saysStuckey plays inside his limitations and is an excellent midrange shooter.His colleage followed Stuckiy in Washington State and Gramps wanted Stucky on the Lakers, since he has a very quick first step.(Im copiyng whatGramps was telling me.Soprry!).Stuckey getssepration from his opponent near the paint.

But Gramps feels better since we have Trevor back! I listend to Gramps talked to Mitch on spekrpnoe and Gramps said that Ariza and Kobe will be able to guard the Hamilton and Stuckey combination. Sometimes, the Pistons has Stuckey and Billups in order to give Hamilton a rest. Stuckey's favorite shot is about 5 feet diagonally off the block.Gramps says that we got to stop the open looks for Stucky.Mitch laughd and said they still have the Spurs who are very touggh at home.Gramps went back toalking about how the Pistons get a ton of open looks, because their backcourt players can all create shots.Gramps stated to talk more intersted sinse he loves the Lakers.He said Antonio MAcdyess is having a monster yearand MAcdyess is great at the the 15 foot midrange shot even with a hand in his face. Gramps kepp talking with mitch said thatRashed Wallace and Antonio Macdyss will rotate at the center spotand provides matchup problems for us.
Gramps explaind to me later that if we use a zone defense late in the game Stuckey will get inserted in the game either to spell Billups of for dribbl pennytration. Stuckey is good at dible penytration inthe zone.Stucky is not asgood at driving and kicking it out to the open man.Fro now Gramps says Stuckey creates more for himself. But Gramps says that STucky is good becuase he does not turnovr the ball too mcuh.

Gramps says Tayshaun Prince is having a great playoff series.He made me looks up Prince statstics.Compared to his carreer, in the playfoss, I found out thatPrince is shootng better fg 53%, better at the free throw line 80%, getting more rebounds per game-6.2; getting more offensive rebounds per game 2.2; and getting more assists per game-3.2 and scoring more 15.8 ppg.
Then Gramps asked me to look up the most importantstat. Prince is averaging career highs in minutes per game.Prinse is playing 39.9 mpg in his carrer he plays 32.7 mpg. Gramps says that Prince who will guard Kobe aftr having to play big minutes againstPaul Pierce.Gramps says that he hope sthe Celts & Pistons play a couple ofdouble overtime games.He says all thesse minutes makes any playr tired which makes gaurding Kobe even harder.

snow3
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject:

jeremysnowIII wrote:

I was really happy to see Jordan have a good game and especially happy to see Trevor get minutes.Gramps was happier tham I was since he feels that TRevor will be so important for us if we get past the Sppurs.
Gramps says that Chaunsy Billups is hurting and bothered by his hamstrings injury.Gramps surprised me becuase for the first time this year he said something not too good about the Celtics. He said the Pistons might be able to get past the Celtics, becuase age and a lack of chemistry seems to be showing on the Celtics end. Gramps said that all those years of losing for KG shows late in close games andKG gets nervuos from making the big plays late in a close game. Gramps says KG is not like Kobe, Tim Duncan or Tony Parker who play big in big games.Gramps said the Celtics margin of home victories with each series has got smaller from Atlanta Cleveland and now Detroit.Gramps doubts they win on the road. Gramps says the Celtics margin of losses per away game in the playoffs gottn wrose with Altanta and Clvedland.Gramps hopes the Celtics can win one game becuase it will tire out the Celtics and Pistons winner.Gramps says we need to beat the Celtics and Pistons winner in game one, since the 2 3 2 puts a lot of pressure on the visiting team to win since winning three games in a row at home is sometimes hard to do.After watching game one aganst the Spurs, Gramps gets very nervous watchig the lakers.
There is one player that gets Gramps conserned and he is Rodney Stuckey. Gramps says Stuckey is a bull and is tall and built like Chauncey Billups except faster.Gramps says that Stuckey is the type of player that Jordan Farmer cannot guard since he is a big, strong point guard.He also might be too tall for Derek to gaurd. Gramps saysStuckey plays inside his limitations and is an excellent midrange shooter.His colleage followed Stuckiy in Washington State and Gramps wanted Stucky on the Lakers, since he has a very quick first step.(Im copiyng whatGramps was telling me.Soprry!).Stuckey getssepration from his opponent near the paint.

But Gramps feels better since we have Trevor back! I listend to Gramps talked to Mitch on spekrpnoe and Gramps said that Ariza and Kobe will be able to guard the Hamilton and Stuckey combination. Sometimes, the Pistons has Stuckey and Billups in order to give Hamilton a rest. Stuckey's favorite shot is about 5 feet diagonally off the block.Gramps says that we got to stop the open looks for Stucky.Mitch laughd and said they still have the Spurs who are very touggh at home.Gramps went back toalking about how the Pistons get a ton of open looks, because their backcourt players can all create shots.Gramps stated to talk more intersted sinse he loves the Lakers.He said Antonio MAcdyess is having a monster yearand MAcdyess is great at the the 15 foot midrange shot even with a hand in his face. Gramps kepp talking with mitch said thatRashed Wallace and Antonio Macdyss will rotate at the center spotand provides matchup problems for us.
Gramps explaind to me later that if we use a zone defense late in the game Stuckey will get inserted in the game either to spell Billups of for dribbl pennytration. Stuckey is good at dible penytration inthe zone.Stucky is not asgood at driving and kicking it out to the open man.Fro now Gramps says Stuckey creates more for himself. But Gramps says that STucky is good becuase he does not turnovr the ball too mcuh.

Gramps says Tayshaun Prince is having a great playoff series.He made me looks up Prince statstics.Compared to his carreer, in the playfoss, I found out thatPrince is shootng better fg 53%, better at the free throw line 80%, getting more rebounds per game-6.2; getting more offensive rebounds per game 2.2; and getting more assists per game-3.2 and scoring more 15.8 ppg.
Then Gramps asked me to look up the most importantstat. Prince is averaging career highs in minutes per game.Prinse is playing 39.9 mpg in his carrer he plays 32.7 mpg. Gramps says that Prince who will guard Kobe aftr having to play big minutes againstPaul Pierce.Gramps says that he hope sthe Celts & Pistons play a couple ofdouble overtime games.He says all thesse minutes makes any playr tired which makes gaurding Kobe even harder.

snow3

nice post. do you tape record "gramps" or just have a photographic memory? thanks for sharing

gramps = mitchs magic wand
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject:

jeremysnowIII wrote:

snow3

Thanks.
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject:

This win should really scare teh Spurs. Heart of a champion or not, the Lakers are showing that they can score nearly at will on their vaunted defense.

And they are struggling mightily just to keep up. The Spurs almost HAVE to have a big lead going into the fourth to consider winning, because the Lakers have shown that they can go on sick scoring spurts.

Yeah, they really should be worried.

That said, the Lakers need to keep the pressure on. They need to keep attacking and shoving it down their throats. The Spurs are tired and the Lakers are rolling. This is the Lakers series to lose.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject:

phil should show "the kingdom" before every game.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB! Got this little gem from the Suns' paper:

The Lakers have a 50-10 record in postseason games at Staples Center since the arena opened before the 1999-2000 season

What's that - 0.833 winning%?!?!?
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to give a shout out to Doug Collins. With about 2 minutes left in the half, he says, "The Spurs should be really happy to be this close, even though they're not playing well. They still have a chance". As he is saying this, Duncan knocks down a jump shot to tie the game at 37-37. The Lakers end the half on a 9-0 run, start the 3rd on an 9-4, and the Spurs only score 34 more points the rest of the game.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Thanks DB! Got this little gem from the Suns' paper:

The Lakers have a 50-10 record in postseason games at Staples Center since the arena opened before the 1999-2000 season

What's that - 0.833 winning%?!?!?

wow

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
Alpha

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB and thanks JSIII... send your gramps our love, we do miss him.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject:

How about some props to the referees. In a long time their action really did not stand up!

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: