Need your advice!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Vlade make the bet?
Heck yes, it's a steal Vlade and your friend is a moron!
75%
 75%  [ 15 ]
No way, don't be suckered into a bad bet Vlade just because you are a loyal fan!
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Only if he gives you X number of games (post your number)
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Need your advice!

Hey guys... so I am curious to hear what you all think of a bet I might make with a Celtics fan. Now I know that this may seem a rather obscure post, but I think your answers to this question might illuminate quite a bit about what we expect of the Lakers in relation to the other teams in the league. Also, given the long tradition of rivalry between the Lakers and Celtics, I figured you guys might be interested in this topic.

Background:
Last year the Celtics won 11 more games than the Lakers. Both teams have made some changes in the off-season. The Celtics shed Payton and Walker, and apparently have added Dickau. Of course they also drafted Green, whom you all know lots about. And of course you all know how the Lakers have changed.

the Bet
My friend, let's call him JJ, wants to make a bet, straight up, on who will finish the season with a better record. At first I tried to low-ball him by asking for 11 games, thereby making the bet which team would improve the most over last year. Of course I never expected him to go for that, but I did expect he would give me 5, or heck, at least 3 games! He won't budge an inch!

The Question
Should Vlade make the bet? Is it a good bet? Do you all think the Lakers will finish with a better record than the Celtics? Keep in mind that the Celtics play in an easier conference... by the way, I won't reveal the terms of the bet so as not to influence your decision. Just know that the terms are even, and answer simply based on your knowledge and expertise of the two teams and their chances this year.

Cheers!
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Pull the trigger Vlade.

The Celtics have a nice young core and play in the easier conference but I would take our starting 5 over theirs, oh ya throw in Phillip and you should win yourself some change.
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Thanks... well this Boston-Denver trade throws a wrench in my bet! I accepted the bet before hearing of this trade, but I did so by email and he hasn't responded... will be interesting to see if he tries to back out, but actually I think this is a good move for Boston in the long run. In the short run it could hurt them though, but a nucleus of Jefferson, Green and Nene is something to build on.
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Any Celtic fan is a moron.

Make Jack proud-

Do it!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: