LAKERS -vs- CLIPPERS - 10/9 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject:

basically Heath and Karl played like they wanted to get cut
Odom is still lost defensively and offensively
Bynum looked better on D
Drew Pau combo looked fine, but ball didnt move well enough to get easy shots in the post
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject:

Pau looked lost to me when he was playing the 4. Phil has to start playing his main unit together more.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject:

I saw some good things from this game.

firstly, bynum's defewnsive timing was better than last game. he could be in last season's form by the end of training camp.

also, farmar and ariza played havoc in the passing lanes
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject:

Pau and Bynum on the floor together. It's only a matter of time before they figure out where they need to be, and then it's gonna be pure bliss. Pau's got the face up jumper working already. That high/low sequence was there, but he missed the pass. Like I said, just a matter of time.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject:

It was interesting how our Fish and Kobe played with the big frontcourt. We saw a lot of Kobe in the post, which was weird considering the size of our frontcourt. We also saw Fish trying too hard to create his own shot. I know that some of those shots came against the shotclock, but I still think Fish did a poor job of making decisions when the big frontcourt was in the game...
im_back
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject:

2 things:
1) Paus face up game is awesome.
2) We are officially a physical team. we have some big bodies (along with the usual Kobe, Ariza, Fish) who get in there and battle. For now its a bit out of control but with time it will scare other teams off.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject:

We wet the bed
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Excellent, DB, though I note that you forgot to list Farmar's stats for the night, which I know is part of your write up. Just FYI.

I liked that big line-up out there, even though they're still working to flow together on both ends.

Thanks, LJ. I'd like to use the preseason as an excuse, except I know I will do that a couple more times this season.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's attitude, as apparent in his body language, absolutely stinks right now. he seems petulant out there, willing to stink it up and maybe not even try.

I think the coaching staff is seeing all kinds of red flags, and unfortunately for lamar, he doesn't seem to be responding to PJs public missives.

At any rate, Lamar out on the perimeter just seems like a waste. he's not a consistent shooter from distance, so he seems reduced to caddying the ball from one side of the court to the other via the pass. It also takes him away from the basket where he can be a more forceful rebounder.

I don't think Lamar wants to be here. I used to really love his unselfish attitude and seeming all-around game. That is, until he completely stopped developing his game and I realized his "unselfishness" was actually a refusal (or inability) to make plays in crunch-time.

Moving on: The laker second-unit with Sasha, farmar, Ariza (maybe, if he doesn't start), Vlad and Mihm (I guess), will be brutal on the opposition this year. I can see them stretching leads rather than simply holding them.

SGH
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject:

One more thing; VladRad looked very interested this game. That pick he set in the second half would have made Dick Butkus proud.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: