BULLS -at- LAKERS - 11/18 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Bynum does not seem to consistently get deep post positioning (I saw him drifting rather aimlessly out to mid and high post tonight), and when he does get the ball, he doesn't seem to be confident or decisive with his skill set. Might be a combo of working back into game shape, trusting the knee, and not getting the ball in his sweet spot.

It seems like a bit of that + the fact that his teammates don't recognize when he actually has his man sealed, posted up or a mismatch. I think those factors are all related and we have to remember he's played 9 live games in the last 9 months, and this was a guy that hadn't played enough competitive basketball even up until last year.

He's not posting up as aggressively and at the same time we have to remember, the Tri spacing. When Pau or someone else is posting up, Andrew can not just sit there in the paint or try posting up. He has to go out and be at the elbow/highpost area. Where he actually has shown a decent ability to knock down a jumper. As Stu was saying, Andrew is being a facilitator. Look towards the 2nd half, in particular when Andrew got those extra 10-12 points. It wasn't so much him being aggressive in posting up, it was a combination of Gasol not being on the block, and Kobe looking for him a lot (as well as others).

What we need to see is this team just being more willing to make that extra pass. Kinda like how they play so easily when Kobe, Gasol, Odom are on the floor together. We haven't seen that chemistry on offense with Kobe, Gasol and Bynum together just yet. Not to say it's on Kobe and Gasol, just that for whatever the reason they don't seem to have that fluidness to their offensive game and cohesion that we see whenever KGO play.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject:

Machine jealous of Ariza's "Stealth" upgrade...
Arizona
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject:

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:
George W Buss wrote:
My favorite moment is when Kobe laughed like crazy when LO got tossed out. It was hillarious

me too, i'd love to know what they were saying. anyone see sasha at the end of the 1st with his hands up still calling for the ball even after farmars shot was in the air?
anybody have a clip of this? I didn't get to see the game.

“You’ve got to play with pride and guts.” -LO
thestales1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject:

BigEvil wrote:
Machine jealous of Ariza's "Stealth" upgrade...

Sashas just mad because ariza found the machine's one weakness...the chest bump.
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB!
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject:

Lucked into some tickets, but they happened to be on the Mt. Everest row. It's really hard to get into the game from up there. Lack of oxygen maybe.

Offensively, it was a better use of the bigs and Kobe as Weapon X unleashable at any time. Whenever Kobe was in killer mode, da Bulls backed down. Kobe was playful all night, like he had no doubt about the game, so he attempted the behind the back passes, the fancy dribbling, the botched alley oop to Ariza.

DRose is going to be quite a player. Very impressive hesitation moves and ability to get to the hole. Matt Money Smith called him a hybrid with the quickness of CP3 and the bulk of Deron Williams. Whoa.
revgen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject:

This game was important for Drew.

When a team puts a jumpshooting big man like Rasheed or Gooden on the floor, it brings Drew out of the paint which limits his ability to anchor. Drew needs to counter that by being aggressive offensively since the jumpshooting big man most likely cannot defend him down low if he's aggressive enough. Drew did that last night and forced Chicago's bigs into foul trouble, hence scoring 8-10 at the FT line and 18 points for the game.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject:

revgen wrote:
This game was important for Drew.

When a team puts a jumpshooting big man like Rasheed or Gooden on the floor, it brings Drew out of the paint which limits his ability to anchor. Drew needs to counter that by being aggressive offensively since the jumpshooting big man most likely cannot defend him down low if he's aggressive enough. Drew did that last night and forced Chicago's bigs into foul trouble, hence scoring 8-10 at the FT line and 18 points for the game.

yesterday we did that greta. in the first quarter, the bull's three amin bigs all had 2 fouls by the end of the first quarter
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:

1. Bynum does not seem to consistently get deep post positioning (I saw him drifting rather aimlessly out to mid and high post tonight), and when he does get the ball, he doesn't seem to be confident or decisive with his skill set. Might be a combo of working back into game shape, trusting the knee, and not getting the ball in his sweet spot.

2. Post entry. It's rather frustrating watching so many Laker players unable to throw a proper post entry pass, and rather just swing it around the perimeter. On the occasions that Bynum does get good position, there are times when Vlad or Fish simply swing it around the three point line (at least tonight they didn't force up as many jumpers).

Yeah, I was saying somewhere on here that Bynum needs to start overpowering guys off the ball and forcing his team to pass to him. And when do we ever see him post up, back his man down and get it back on a repost. Has that even happened this season? I honestly wouldn't mind a few offensive fouls for overpowering people off the ball or a three-second violation or two for not giving up position when guys should feed him. If he wants to get more aggressive on the block, I think it does start with that. It won't happen in the next game, but in other games I hope we see it more.

When do we see him come weak-to-strong and seal his man and demand the ball? We need to see more of that when the ball gets swung away. Again, that's aggressive off-the-ball work.

Waiting for that kind of play all year DB and started to see some of the Inside-Out show last night.

Bynum though, and to a much lesser extent Pau, will play too far off the low block. Get's the ball and then fumbles around as though he has to remember how to establish the low post, allowing for the double to arrive as a fronting man. The fronting defender usually swipes and either causes a turnover or disrupts the play and forces a kick out to the corners with less then 10 secs to go. Since he is so far out the double defender recovers quickly enough that the advantage never occurs and another pass on the perimeter is needed.

Now about 5 seconds left and Kobe or somebody has to force a shot up and there it goes wide or short. Over and over, and you know the coaches have addressed this a thousand times. Ugh.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: