NETS -at- LAKERS - 11/25 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mefor3
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject:

pretty ugly win, great second half.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Asked about the lack of drama this year, Phil said: "There is always drama with the team. On the inside, there's always something going on. We had a little bit with Sasha and Trevor coming off the court a week ago." He added, "We want to keep it in house and don't want to put it out there for display."

Gotta love Phil.

---------

I love that they are going into the post more.

My only complaints is that, as you stated, guard defense still needs to improve. Imagine tonight without our big's being able to cover the penetration and it is Sactown all over again.

When we run the zone and our big comes over to deny penetration the weakside defender has to do a better job at picking up his guy.

Also wish Kobe would learn to adjust. No reason to shoot so much when you're cold and your teammates have it going.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject:

My son popped in at the 3rd Q asking what the score was. 66-all, I told him with a grimace on my face. Then it was like a nuclear explosion.

That 2nd unit amped up the speed and intensity of the game. LO - yeah, I can see him winning the 6th Man award. The way he used to stroll through games, he now realizes that minutes on the floor are valuable, especially with a team this deep, so he's been uber-aggressive. Jack Bauer-like.

Speaking of 24, how many times have we witnessed Kobe have a really poor game and the Lakers win by 20+?

Bynum - anyone notice the Shaq-like elbow hook to Lopez's neck before the And-1 power dunk?
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject:

Nice write up! Thanks for taking the time.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
Quote:
Asked about the lack of drama this year, Phil said: "There is always drama with the team. On the inside, there's always something going on. We had a little bit with Sasha and Trevor coming off the court a week ago." He added, "We want to keep it in house and don't want to put it out there for display."

Gotta love Phil.

---------

I love that they are going into the post more.

My only complaints is that, as you stated, guard defense still needs to improve. Imagine tonight without our big's being able to cover the penetration and it is Sactown all over again.

When we run the zone and our big comes over to deny penetration the weakside defender has to do a better job at picking up his guy.

Also wish Kobe would learn to adjust. No reason to shoot so much when you're cold and your teammates have it going.

-------
I completely get your point on Kobe. I'd like to point out tonight he took his shots within the offense and just shot terribly. It wasn't an ego war between he and Vince. He came out hot in the 3rd and then started moving the ball crisply. He has to take 15-17 shots within the offense because the defense is keyed on him so much and he can demolish a team with those shots. He and Pau on the weakside put defenses on their heels. Tonight Pau played the high post and they forced the defense to pick their poison. They chose Pau and the poison killed them.
Not to mention he was attacking the basket hard in the 3rd and getting no calls. He was fouled on 4 shots in the quarter with no calls. One of those nights.

-----
Also on the zone I don't think the rotations were necessarily bad but Yi's size, outside shot and mobility created consistent mismatches. Guys would rotate and simply be too small or too slow to stay in front of him. Strangely enough Kobe's steal in the 3rd pretty much put a damper on Yi. He must have had flashbacks of the Olympics.

------
Devon Harris wasn't getting to the hole at will in the half court sets. Our rotations and funneling were good but the kid gets the DWade treatment and is allowed to jump into the defenders space and be bailed out. He was basically ineffective when the refs didn't give him the calls. He did have what I deemed the shot of the night when he hit that 3 over an outstretched Pau.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject:

whats the nba record for the most missed and-1 free throws in a game?

Last edited by Mr. EiGhTy-OnE on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB!

My only gripe is whatever assistant coach that was in charge of scouting the Nets. What took so long to "figure out" what they were doing? Or maybe I should blame PJ for relying on the bench to bail out the starters:

Quote:
“But for the most part, we like the fact that we haven't had to push our starters heavy minutes to win games,'' Jackson said. …

Doggy Dogg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject:

What an awfull game by Kobe, his worst game in a very long time. He kept taking jumpers when he was ice cold and the rest of the team were hitting everything. He could have 15 ast if he passed more

/rant

Pau gets the game ball. That dunk was nasty

Famar, LO and Ariza al played great

Sasha and Drew had a nice game

Fish and Vlad were ok

Luke, Powell and Mihm looked good in garbage time
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Farmar and Trev, as members of LA LAW need to be doing soem extra practice on free throws. I cringe with all those 3-6 performances at the line. This is not high school, fellas.
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: NETS -at- LAKERS - 11/25 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
Gone in 60 Seconds... Another victim has been found. This time, it's Netville. It happened so fast.

You slip past the crime scene tape and look at the chalk outline as it's drawn around the victim. They toyed with this one. Took their time.

You reach down and pry a wrinkled piece of paper from the victim's hand. Again, that hack DancingBarry has left some notes:

"The Nets came to town and were feeling pretty good about themselves. The score was tied 66-66 in the third quarter. Like anyone coming to Hollywood, they had hopes...they had dreams.

Then the Fourth Horseman, Lamar Odom, brought famine with him off the bench. The Death Riders from the bench swarmed. The Nets scored just 15 points over the next 10 minutes, while the Lakers crammed 41 through the Nets defense. It was over before they knew it.

The savagery of it all...The savagery...

I will continue to track them."

These prolouge's are just gold, absolutely amazing. I didnt think these recaps could get any better but im happy you proved me wrong. Awesome work DB, your write ups are on par with the Lakers dominance.
SpicyTempura
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Vlad lossed the ball after getting the tip

Do you mean "lost"?

I feel like I learn more about the game each time I read each analysis. Kudos!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: