BUCKS -at- LAKERS - 12/7 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mefor3
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Curious to see if we'll get to 20 wins before Celtics...hate that team...green is not my fav color either
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
[

The hunt for little Lawrence O'Brien shall continue...

Wasn't Sean Connery in that movie?

"Onesch again we play our dancherous game with our old adver-sary..."

(My best attempt at a Connery impersonation from that film)
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: BUCKS -at- LAKERS - 12/7 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

Alpha wrote:

yah db, i can't wait for the next installment of the four horsemen... brilliant stuff!

flo'z... "i'm done with the music posing..." ... whacha talkin' bout flo'z

*borrows Austin Powers phrase" - I lost my mojo. Heck, if I wasn't for you and DB, "Close'em Out" would have been my last LG release. At least then I could've went out with a bang. Oh well. Lurker 4 life...er, um...I'm mean Lakers 4 Life.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject:

The last "non-release" I heard from you sounded pretty damn good.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
The last "non-release" I heard from you sounded pretty damn good.

'preciate it. Yea, it was alright I guess. But your write up WAS /(and is ALWAYS) OFF THE CHAINS!! Go DB! GO DB!!!

Last edited by IPK on Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Dang, Dancy Barry, I LOVE HOW YOU DO THESE WRITE UPS. Not just in terms of the player/play-by-play analysis, but your write up into it. I can't wait to read it after every game. In fact, I work with another Laker fanatic and I always take that write up and read it to him.

We get such a kick out of it.

I would love to have a thread where it's just your intros about the 4 horseman for the season. How fun would that be to read?!

You're very creative. Please Keep writing and thank you.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, LJ. That's not a bad idea. I was thinking I might have to link to each of these games where I do this ... for those people who come late and wonder if I've totally lost my mind.

But just an ongoing thread or blog post where I can toss in the latest intro and refer to it so that people can catch up if they want to -- that would be easy to do.
Phitenks
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe wrote:

- The Machine beat the full court press well last night. If he's trying to make his case for some minutes at the 1, that's a start.

I was actually thinking about that a few days ago. If worse comes to worse and Fish/Farmar can't play D for the life of them, stick Sasha in their place. He at least TRIES to play D. I don't know how quick he is in regards to other PG's, but if he can somewhat keep up, then I'm all for it. Sasha, Kobe, Ariza, Pau, Bynum. They still have crazy length as well as a good shooter on the floor.

But if Fisher keeps having awesome nights like this, the above lineup will never be needed.
KingKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject:

Phitenks wrote:
KingKobe wrote:

- The Machine beat the full court press well last night. If he's trying to make his case for some minutes at the 1, that's a start.

I was actually thinking about that a few days ago. If worse comes to worse and Fish/Farmar can't play D for the life of them, stick Sasha in their place. He at least TRIES to play D. I don't know how quick he is in regards to other PG's, but if he can somewhat keep up, then I'm all for it. Sasha, Kobe, Ariza, Pau, Bynum. They still have crazy length as well as a good shooter on the floor.

But if Fisher keeps having awesome nights like this, the above lineup will never be needed.

I agree that Sasha can get picked off his man and out quicked as well Farmar or Fisher, and he at least cares about defense even when ineffective. It's the handles I've worried about, but he seems to improving in that regard, albeit slowly.

Although you thin if he played with Kobe and Odom out there, even with shaky handles those two can easily help out.

I'm not concerned with this as much for right now but in the future or in case of injury it's interesting to see if he can develop into a legitimate option at the 1.

"We're all surrounded by idiots." - Kobe Bryant
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: