LAKERS -at- KINGS - 12/9 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject:

Thanks. Hope we bounce back in our next game.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject:

Thanks,DB. Just a pitiful performance and an embarrassing loss to a team who has no business beating us. I'm frustrated with what I've been witnessing from this team in regards to effort on a nightly basis and respecting our opponent.
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject:

No bedtime story to start the write-up this time DB? Very insightful analysis in its place though.
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject:

Jack Kent Cooke wrote:
Lakers need to hire Tom Thibodeau as head coach.

Don't mean to brag, but I would say that Sky, DB, myself, and Mike would make at least as good a coaching staff, as our current one.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject:

the only positive is that i know we will beat PHX tonight now.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject:

king255 wrote:
Jack Kent Cooke wrote:

Don't mean to brag, but I would say that Sky, DB, myself, and Mike would make at least as good a coaching staff, as our current one.

I am sure that they really appreciate you including them.
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject:

So you think my intention was to say myself, and I included them just to be nice? Uh no, I can truly say that throughout my time here, they are my "equals." Certainly, they are much better than the so-called analysts on Clublakers(seriously, don't know if I've learned anything from that site. I've learned a lot from Sky and Mike about the subtleties of scouting, but not much there. And before you think I'm just "kissing up" to this site, I praised Sky a lot when he was on Clublakers, and in fact, probably raised his importance there).

I also fully believe that our management's drastic improvement in not just drafting, but also in how to develop them, was due to reading these forums(IMO, we would have gone down the path of the Pacers if it weren't for this forum), starting with the Barbosa and Cook debate, so give credit where it's due.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject:

I don't like seeing our guys constantly leaving those corner 3's open. Often they get themselves out of position and are not helping any way at all. I call it the Luke Walton defense.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject:

The Lakers had plenty of time to prepare for Sac. All they had to do was look back at the game at Staples. Sure they got a win back then, but it was one of those "we got exposed" games they should've learned from. So to come out last night without motivation or intent and with no new approach is something you gotta put on the coaching staff.

Worse game I've seen in a while from Kobe on both ends of the floor. I'm hoping it was the room service cheeseburger.

Pau was again very steady.

Everyone else = yecch.

Yet another "we got exposed" game that we should learn from.
mefor3
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject:

so much for the championship mentality
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject:

king255 wrote:
So you think my intention was to say myself, and I included them just to be nice? Uh no, I can truly say that throughout my time here, they are my "equals." Certainly, they are much better than the so-called analysts on Clublakers(seriously, don't know if I've learned anything from that site. I've learned a lot from Sky and Mike about the subtleties of scouting, but not much there. And before you think I'm just "kissing up" to this site, I praised Sky a lot when he was on Clublakers, and in fact, probably raised his importance there).

I'm afraid that they may hold you back.
Quote:
I also fully believe that our management's drastic improvement in not just drafting, but also in how to develop them, was due to reading these forums(IMO, we would have gone down the path of the Pacers if it weren't for this forum), starting with the Barbosa and Cook debate, so give credit where it's due.

Agree. I see their usernames on here all of the time. 'Mitch Kupchak', 'Dr. Jerry Buss', and 'Phil' are all registered usernames. I can't wait for them to implement some of your more innovative ideas.
*Purple&Gold*
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Our guys need to stop reading about how great they are in the press and get back to the "one game at a time" mentality. The sooner they do this, the sooner you will see easier blowouts and longer winning streaks.
najim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject:

king255 wrote:
Jack Kent Cooke wrote:

Signature-worthy material
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Jack Kent Cooke wrote:

And then after he goes 17-3, who should we fire him for?

Excellent.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject:

najim wrote:
king255 wrote:
Jack Kent Cooke wrote:

Signature-worthy material

Hilarious, ain't it?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject:

king255 wrote:

wow, talk about having an inflated sense of your own self worth. i highly doubt very many professional sports players would visit fan message boards, just for the sake of their own sanity. some of the vitriol people spew out behind the anonymity of the internet is just sickening. i also highly doubt management uses ideas off a message board to determine any decisions.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject:

DB - good work as usual.

You were Waaaaaay to easy on Fish. I only watched part of the 4th quater. When I saw the way Fish was getting burned repeatedly I already knew who would win.

I'm starting to wonder if we can win it with Fishmar at point. LA needs to shore that up now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: