KNICKS -at- LAKERS - 12/16 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject:

Teams get hot once in a while. It happens and you just have to survive it. Fortunately, the Lakers did. A team run by Pringles will always let you back into the game.

Nice to see Kobe back in closer mode and LO in his element. I don't know if Bynum is still leery about his injury. He's emulating Vlade rather than Shaq. He should overpower teams like NY. The explosiveness and the conditioning just aren't there.

Vlad Rad is now tentative and unconfident due to the benching. After JoFar threw him a wing pass to initiate the offense, Vlad immediately tossed it back to JoFar who wasn't expecting it so the ball bounced off his chest.
mefor3
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject:

the intentional foul was a clear indication that Phil doesn't trust team's defense. Not a good sign but I'm glad we won!!
TerryTeagle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject:

Time to send Farmar back down to the D League to get his head right. Most point guards can fall back on passing/setting up teammates when their shot is off, but Farmar might be the worst passing point guard in the league.

Taking into account that his defense has regressed to Tierre Brown levels, he's at the point where he brings nothing to the table.

At his peak, he can knock down open looks, and attack the paint and get layups...and mask his poor defense by grabbing a few steals. Basically, he's a taller version of Earl Boykins.

But if he's not scoring, he's absolutely useless.

Maybe it's time for the Lakers to get Starbury and send Farmar down to the D-League.

Either way, anyone who thinks Farmar is the future at Point Guard is smoking something they shouldn't be.

Whatever happens this year, the Lakers need to find a starting point guard to take over for Fish when he retires...

Also, Phil's move to bench Vlad has rendered him utterly useless, as well. He's gone from reliable spot-shooter to completely useless space-cadet mode.
Banzai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject:

the happy face should be :-l after last nights win..but over all great analysis!
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Farmar is a 3rd year player and can't go to the D-League.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
D-Dogg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Addicus wrote:
-----
Am I the only person who would simply love to trade Luke and Farmar for Nate and David Lee?

LOL, that would be bigger than the grand theft we pulled for Pau.
Goggles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject:

I was pretty annoyed with the play of the first half (as I'm sure most of you were), but I thought the Lakers showed some much needed heart to comeback and win.

OT: 1st post!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to the site (or posting anyway) Longball. Yes, there was much gnashing of teeth and pounding of keyboards in the first half. They were totally lost on D and kept missing layups. Second half, they played not only with some heart, but with their heads more.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject:

A very belated thank you DB!! Great recap, spot on. Saw the game, got timed out of the site, then got busy.

Kudos to that 427 Nova for getting you to the carnage before the Pringles can even hit the ground.

This was a frustrating game, but the Lakers did did not carry many of their first-half failures into the second half.

Boston's cruising, LA's barely winning. Boston's ahead in the home-court sweepstakes and LA's barely keeping up. All I can say is; it's still early season, lots can happen between now and June, and if one team peaks too early I wouldn't bet on it being LA right now. [/quote]
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: