JAZZ -at- LAKERS - 1/2 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the great recap DB
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject:

jeremysnowIII wrote:

and gramps says hi and he says that Pau is gaSOL ID

Tell gramps hi for me. And Pau is definitely Gasolid.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerJosh wrote:
Rick12322 wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
DB - the story line is a fun touch and I look forward to it after every game. But even without it, the 'Thoughts and Ratings' is the best breakdown and analysis of the game done anywhere. Not only are you spot on with what is happening on the court and why it occurs, the in-game notes you must take to compile 'The Action' portion is a pretty big task.

I doubt DB has to refer back to his DVR as he's a very talented writer, having mad typing skills and being very organized in terms of writing down his thoughts.

In the past I remember him saying he doesn't use notes, just remembers it all. At least I think I've seen him say that. If that's so, pretty incredible. As always thanks for the breakdowns. I'm starting to enjoy the stories too.

I used to do a lot of it by memory, but it's actually faster to just do real-time notes on the laptop. Either way you still have to watch the game differently than you might normally. Don't know how to describe it, but you can't float, you have to lock in.

I DVR the game, but only occasionally will go back to look at something if I want to describe it just right. For instance, that Gasol breakaway I did the rewind a couple times to just to make sure I got it right...and of course it was awesome to watch a few times.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

How many plays does the Triangle has that utilizes Kobe seemingly in the pinch post as a screener since all the defenders seemed to basically stay with Kobe?

The typical plays you will see are that pinch post sequence on the weakside at the elbow. There is one variant on that they have used in the past where Kobe and LO set screens for each other. We haven't seen that, but it usually led to LO going to work in the post.

Then, you've got your basic split plays where screens are set. You've got the standard screen set in the lane for a weakside cutter to come to the ball. Those are the most frequent screens you see him involved in.

Quote:

Since Stu was talking about using Kobe and Trevor in the backcourt when they need to apply great defensive pressure defense - would the best pressure defensive playoff include LO at SF, Pau at PF and Bynum at C.

I'd like to see it...just for stints. Right now we can survive with both Luke and Ariza on the offensive end, despite them not spreading the floor. I think LO can handle that, too, for stints. I do think Phil will go to this at some point, but I think he probably wants the offense to get more comfortable and deeper in their execution...and, it would also be wiser to throw this in as a change-up for opponents later in the season. Don't run it for long, just few-minute stints.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: