LAKERS -at- BUCKS - 4/1 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noJINX
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject:

agreeable
LA1969
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject:

abciximab wrote:
thanks DB.

fun new emoticons, btw

(not really rofl-ing at anything, just wanted to use it for kicks.)

I LOVE this one:

Great recap as usual, Mr Dancing Barry! I look forward to this after every win
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject:

Thanks, DB.

And YAY for the new smileys!

However, I will always miss the infamous rolling eyes emoticon and pray for his safe return that he may again join with his smiley LG brethren. Amen.
projectsoul
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject:

sasha wears kobe's shoes and doesn't shoot bricks anymore

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/17/fullj.d1ca2924423dd2967dc8edd9c4f8171e/d1ca2924423dd2967dc8edd9c4f8171e-getty-83009332sd010_los_angeles_l.jpg

thanks for ratings
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject:

Burgundy wrote:
DB - would you agree that while Farmar wasn't a COMPLETE train wreck this game, he was still pretty bad?

Let's be honest, he had Luke Ridnour guarding him and he couldn't torch him. Luke Ridnour, who's a fringe NBA player, played him to a standstill...

So here's the bigger question, specifically for DB - in the playoffs, how would you feel about an 8 man rotation of:

Fisher
Kobe
Sasha
Ariza
Luke
Odom
Pau
Bynum

With Fish, Kobe, & Sasha covering the guard positions (Ariza can also play the 2 for short stints, if need be)...

I'd actually throw Ariza on some PGs from time to time. His length has given a number of guards, especially the speedy ones, trouble.

When Bynum returns our second unit may spark back to life, including Farmar....But unless Farmar starts stringing some decent games together, they have to really limit his usage. I don't think his D has been as bad as it was earlier in the season, but the rest of his game has been killing them.
Burgundy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
I'd actually throw Ariza on some PGs from time to time. His length has given a number of guards, especially the speedy ones, trouble.

When Bynum returns our second unit may spark back to life, including Farmar....But unless Farmar starts stringing some decent games together, they have to really limit his usage. I don't think his D has been as bad as it was earlier in the season, but the rest of his game has been killing them.

Agree with you on Ariza - I think an Ariza/Kobe back court would work for short stints.

I think his D has been just as bad as earlier this season, personally. How about that time in the middle of the fourth quarter where the Lakers had Bucks with 5 seconds left on the shot clock, and Farmar let his man dive to the hoop, uncontested, for an easy bucket? If Ramon Sessions had the ability to make an open jumper, he might have scored 25. Farmar was absolutely torched by Sessions, who's a nice player, but certainly not 1st or even 2nd tier PG calibur.
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject:

LG has the best emoticons in the universe! Thanks DB!

TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB! Fighting the specters of Bill Lambeer, Dr. J, getting beat up by Dominique and MJ, and finally meeting wise, old Big O at the bench at the end of the road. The intros are reason enough to hope for 7 more wins this season!!

I also agree with Burgundy's suggested lineup; but possibly use Powell as a spot-up shooter (NOT a down-low threat) and rebounder now and then.

Farmar can set up Ammo, Shannon and DJ when the game is out of reach. Like, 40 points out of reach. With less than 30 seconds to go.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- BUCKS - 4/1 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:

"You seem to be pretty versatile. I was versatile myself. Don't be afraid to change gears. Use all your weapons, son. It will serve you well. You don't trust some 'em sometimes, but you're going to need 'em...going to need 'em all."

I've read all your intros this year so far DB and i'd have to say this little passage is says a lot. Thanks for the hard work

!...
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

It's fine as long as he stays on his man... but I think what makes Ariza so useful is his ability to step in the passing lane. He uses his length and quickness to make things happen on his off-the-ball defense. So putting him on opponents' primary ball handlers is probably not the best use of him... but he has played TP well this season in his brief stints, and if the Celtics make the Finals, playing him on Rondo could be a definite option.

Farmar's defense has improved. His decision making hasn't.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Burgundy wrote:
DB - would you agree that while Farmar wasn't a COMPLETE train wreck this game, he was still pretty bad?

Let's be honest, he had Luke Ridnour guarding him and he couldn't torch him. Luke Ridnour, who's a fringe NBA player, played him to a standstill.
So here's the bigger question, specifically for DB - in the playoffs, how would you feel about an 8 man rotation of:
Fisher / Kobe / Sasha / Ariza / Luke / Odom / Pau / Bynum
With Fish, Kobe, & Sasha covering the guard positions (Ariza can also play the 2 for short stints, if need be)...

With Farmar having difficulties making the right decision on offense, would PJ consider using LO more often as the "Point Forward?" This would allow Jordan to concentrate more on staying in front of the opposing PGs that would limit penetration that forces the "bigs" to cover while forcing the Team D into "Scramble Mode."

This might also allow PJ to have Shannon/Trevor and Sasha in the backcourt that would make the Lakers even more formible on defense. Though Shannon, Trevor and Sasha on the best ball handlers that would force Kobe to bring up the ball at times.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject:

^ I think it's safe to say that Shannon Brown won't be an answer anytime soon for the Lakers. Brown can't shoot and is not careful with the basketball... and that includes his time before the Lakers.

The Lakers will just stick with what they've done all season. Playoffs aren't the time for experimentation.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: