SUNS -at- LAKERS - 5/19 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

A good test to see how ready the Lakers are for The Finals will be Sunday's game where the Suns will be firing away with all barrels while (probably) playing some zone to pack the paint while playing "Small Ball." It shouldn't work if the Lakers don't fall into the Suns' traip(s).

Should be interesting. I think we'll definitely see more of that small lineup and they'll try to experiment with some zones on the other end to see if they can somehow stop getting killed defensively. On our part, I bet we start to see a lot more switching to try to defend the small ball.

The Suns will probably try like mad to get the Lakers in foul trouble. Seems to be their only hope. Probably a lot more flopping and acting.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
A good test to see how ready the Lakers are for The Finals will be Sunday's game where the Suns will be firing away with all barrels while (probably) playing some zone to pack the paint while playing "Small Ball." It shouldn't work if the Lakers don't fall into the Suns' traip(s).
Should be interesting. I think we'll definitely see more of that small lineup and they'll try to experiment with some zones on the other end to see if they can somehow stop getting killed defensively. On our part, I bet we start to see a lot more switching to try to defend the small ball.

The Suns will probably try like mad to get the Lakers in foul trouble. Seems to be their only hope. Probably a lot more flopping and acting.
The small lineup worked in the last game and with the Spurs where they switched on everything and took advantage of their bigs (mostly Duncan). Hopefully the Lakers' perimeter defenders (DFish, Kobe, Artest, Shannon, Farmar) can keep their penetrators mostly going East & West, as oppose to South to North while forcing them to take mid-range shots while the Lakers need to be disciplined and control tempo even more on the road.

Getting the Lakers in foul trouble means that they will be driving towards the hole a lot more. If our bigs are able to wall of the paint, hopefully they will realize that (outside of Amare) that they don't have to jump to block their shots. Drew might be more of a force with the slower tempo and with more action within the paint.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
I wonder what Amar'e's twitter said last night?

"1, 2, 3... Cancun!"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: