CELTICS -at- LAKERS - 6/15 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Thanks DB

Just one more win, baby.

Punk the nasty Celtics.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:

In an act of shameless self promotion, I'd just like to add some lyrics I posted earlier today. Inspired by several threads mentioning TONIGHT and the music of Westside Story, I'm happy to say most of this came true.

Oh, yeah, thanks DB.

Tonight, tonight,
There'll be Mamba tonight
And Pau and Andrew too!

Tonight, tonight
Lamar will be alright
And swoop unto the hoop!

Tonight, tonight
We all like Fish tonight
And usually I don't like fish (in the food sense).

Tonight, tonight
They'll all rebound tonight
And grab loose balls on the first try (with two hands please)

Tonight, tonight
Defense will be played tonight
Because that's what really wins playoff games!

"Today all day I've had this feeling
a miracle would happen
I know now I was right"
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the recap, great game.

My overall impression of the game was that we must of scored at least a hundred points. That's kind of weird how low the score turned out to be considering it seemed like we moved the ball well in the offense and hit a lot of our perimeter shots.

The Celtics have been insanely hot throughout most of this series, first it was Ray Allen, then Paul Pierce, Garnet, their bench and Paul Pierce again. They were long overdue to cool off and finally did. I thought Ron Artest played PP's step back much better this time around, but PP definitely missed some good looks too. KG finally went cold as well. It's got to be in the Celtics head how close we've been throughout all their hot streaks, and especially in light of being allowed to foul on both sides of the ball at will, and being recipients of virtually every 50/50 call, yet we've been right on their heels in every game.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject:

When Ron Ron and LO make an appearance, we're unbeatable. Ron takes a lot of pressure off himself and Kobe by making a couple of shots early on.

And LO...he's taken a lot heat over the past few days and it was well-deserved. But last night was the kind of game we needed from him. He doesn't have to have the game of his life. Just stand up and be counted. That's enough.

It was great to see Pau bounce back. The jump hook with the left hand was SWEEEETTTT!!!!!

Kobe....I have no words. He will bring it home for us on Thursday.

I continue to be impressed by Drew and his determination even in the face of the obvious pain he's in. I don't know what his future holds as far as being able to stay healthy enough to have the kind of career he's capable of, but I know for THIS postseason, his toughness and will to do whatever he can to help the team has been inspirational.

Tough break for Perkins. But when our guys are hurt, no one's feeling sorry for us.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
When Ron Ron and LO make an appearance, we're unbeatable. Ron takes a lot of pressure off himself and Kobe by making a couple of shots early on.

And LO...he's taken a lot heat over the past few days and it was well-deserved. But last night was the kind of game we needed from him. He doesn't have to have the game of his life. Just stand up and be counted. That's enough.

It was great to see Pau bounce back. The jump hook with the left hand was SWEEEETTTT!!!!!

Kobe....I have no words. He will bring it home for us on Thursday.

I continue to be impressed by Drew and his determination even in the face of the obvious pain he's in. I don't know what his future holds as far as being able to stay healthy enough to have the kind of career he's capable of, but I know for THIS postseason, his toughness and will to do whatever he can to help the team has been inspirational.

Tough break for Perkins. But when our guys are hurt, no one's feeling sorry for us.

Just like no one knew a healthy Kendrick perkins would end up with a knee injury. I found it interesting his injury was similar to the one Bynum was allegedly "predisposed" to.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Just like no one knew a healthy Kendrick perkins would end up with a knee injury. I found it interesting his injury was similar to the one Bynum was allegedly "predisposed" to.

C'mon now. There's nothing 'alleged' about Drew being prone to knee injuries. The fact that an otherwise healthy player can get injured as well has nothing to do with that. No one ever said healthy guys can't get hurt. So I don't why it's so interesting that Perkins could hurt himself.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Quote:

C'mon now. There's nothing 'alleged' about Drew being prone to knee injuries. The fact that an otherwise healthy player can get injured as well has nothing to do with that. No one ever said healthy guys can't get hurt. So I don't why it's so interesting that Perkins could hurt himself.

There's zero difference between Bynum's first injury, and Perkins. They were both bad luck.
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject:

15 bells sounded in la. for boston, they wanted cottonballs, wads of paper, ice picks...anything to shove in their collective ears to stop the bells from ringing, but to no avail. BWAAHHHAAA!!! I LOVE IT!!

somewhere, i wrote that we needed to see some version of the team that people thought could go 82-0. last night, we got A version at it wasn't even their best version and they got a W.

seeing everyone who came onto the floor make some kind of contribution was great. but in particular pau, lo, ron and the bench mob get special props.

drew, it's a shame about your knee. if you can go thursday, it's a given you're give it all you can. if you can't no one in their right mind should question your heart, grit and the maturity and growth you have shown this post season. it's been so great to have rooted for you all season. i feel a lot of vindication.

kobe b...you are a different cat. your takes in the presser aren't like regular folk. the media was trying so hard to get something out of you and you just give them NADA! you just aren't wired like everyone eles, but that difference is what makes the best out there on the floor.

wow...game 7...just WOW! (i'm regular folk! )
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Quote:

There's zero difference between Bynum's first injury, and Perkins. They were both bad luck.

Bad luck is once in awhile. 3 years in a row like clockwork is beyond bad luck. That's a pattern.
squidward
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject:

Game 7 better be about DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE just like this game. Wow, I was worried, not I'm only a lil' bit nervous. Hopefully, it remains true that benches don't travel. And that we continue to grab boards like that.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Rick12322 wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Quote:

Bad luck is once in awhile. 3 years in a row like clockwork is beyond bad luck. That's a pattern.

It's still bad luck, and I believe that's about to change. this years hyperextension was an extension of last years micro tear. Now that's going to be fixed. Still to this date, none of his knee injuries have been serious. None of them have required surgery to repair a tendon, and that's big. His knee can easily be fixed, the left knee is doing great from two years ago.

The knees can be fixed, the heart is the hardest thing to alter, and Drew has heart.
slaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB... and thanks especially for including us in the fight!
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject:

team defensive efficiency rating: 75.3

that is simply amazing. the team exhibited one of the best defensive efforts in laker history last night.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:

My overall impression of the game was that we must of scored at least a hundred points. That's kind of weird how low the score turned out to be considering it seemed like we moved the ball well in the offense and hit a lot of our perimeter shots.

Had we been going full out in the fourth and no garbage time, you probably could have added 6-10 more points that quarter, IMO.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject:

slaker wrote:
Thanks DB... and thanks especially for including us in the fight!

You bet. We're either taking Little Larry together or going down with a fight together.
RVCdesigns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB, WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject:

'Cause it's going to be a madhouse here tomorrow night when the Lakers win back-to-back world championships, just let me say now how much I have enjoyed your write ups. You have some serious talent!
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject:

No matter what happens tonight I just want to say you are the best DB. Thanks for all the writeups.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: