***LAKERS vs. Regal FC Barcelona Pre-Season Game Thread 10/7/10***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Master)v(ind wrote:
Why did our starters play so many minutes ? That's pretty ridiculous.

I think its rediculous that they played so many minutes and lost, at least win if you will play your starters that long
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Jordi and Alper... I think it would be a great idea for Stern and the EuroLeague commissioner to set aside a few dates in January with some randomly-selected NBA teams - in the US - if the Euro teams really want to show they stack up.

When I see Barcelona play I believe they could hold their own with a regular-season NBA team, anywhere from a .400 to .550 - type team that could grab an 8th seed.

Alper -- As for how much better organized Euro ball is concerned; I don't consider 38 three-pointers to be indicative of beautifully-organized basketball. That's called wishful thinking if you organize that kind of attack come playoffs in the NBA.

The best Euroleague team versus the best NBA team at the all star break would be an intriguing matchup.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Don't play Sasha and you win a close one. I don't see any role at all for this guy on the team at this point, he flat out sucks on both ends.

As far as FC Barcelona, they are very good at fouling and obviously wanted the game a lot more than the Lakers did. There is zero chance that team makes the playoffs in the NBA, be serious.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I think it would be a great idea for Stern and the EuroLeague commissioner to set aside a few dates in January with some randomly-selected NBA teams - in the US - if the Euro teams really want to show they stack up.

When I see Barcelona play I believe they could hold their own with a regular-season NBA team, anywhere from a .400 to .550 - type team that could grab an 8th seed.

I agree on both counts. It would be really cool if there was some way to set up NBA-Euroleague exhibition games around the holidays (or even around the AS break).

Would be fun to see the teams battling in mid-season form. Too bad it won't happen.

Although I think a European division sometime in the next 10 or 15 years is a realistic possibility. Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Berlin, Paris and Athens would be a division in the east. Philly joins the southeast, with Detroit and Cleveland added to the Atlantic.

Move the Bulls, Bucks and Pacers into the West and add Memphis, New Orleans and Minny to form the new central division. Portland would be added to the Pacific, and OKC, Denver and Utah would join the Texas teams in the southwest.

6 divisions of 6 teams each. One trip to Europe per year for WC teams. Play in all 6 Euro cities in one trip.

Stern has talked about wanting to do something like this a few times over the years, and I think it will eventually happen.

As it stands today, Barca could definitely compete for the 7/8 slot in the east. No doubt.

It sounds like Kobe agrees.

Kobe Bryant let out an exasperated sigh when told about his coach's opinion ("I don't know why he says these things some time," Bryant said) and then disagreed with Jackson.

"I think they execute extremely well, they know each other extremely well, they move the ball extremely well and that's what you're looking for," Bryant said. "In the NBA, teams that do that are few and far in between, teams that play together as a unit. You see a lot of isolation game; you see a lot of guys going one-on-one. They do a great job moving the ball, they do a great job helping each other defensively, so I disagree, but, what do I know?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5660422
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Don't play Sasha and you win a close one. I don't see any role at all for this guy on the team at this point, he flat out sucks on both ends.

As far as FC Barcelona, they are very good at fouling and obviously wanted the game a lot more than the Lakers did. There is zero chance that team makes the playoffs in the NBA, be serious.

Sasha is truly atrocious. painful to watch.

Barcelona could easily compete with teams in the east for the number 8 playoff slot. Maybe with the Knicks for the 7 seed.

Who is so much better than Barca ? Charlotte ? Washington ? I don't think so.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Jordi and Alper... I think it would be a great idea for Stern and the EuroLeague commissioner to set aside a few dates in January with some randomly-selected NBA teams - in the US - if the Euro teams really want to show they stack up.

Alper -- As for how much better organized Euro ball is concerned; I don't consider 38 three-pointers to be indicative of beautifully-organized basketball. That's called wishful thinking if you organize that kind of attack come playoffs in the NBA.

The best Euroleague team versus the best NBA team at the all star break would be an intriguing matchup.

that would actually spice up the allstar weekend imo.. make it more interesting atleast

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

that would actually spice up the allstar weekend imo.. make it more interesting atleast

yeah- it would be really cool.
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

I'd really like to see something like that, but I don't think any championship hopeful team would agree to compete in a meaningless but high-stakes exhibition with the playoffs on the horizon. The best we could hope for is Euroleague champs vs NBA champs, early in the pre-season-- basically what we saw today, but with better focus and preparation.
Albatros
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject:

One thing many here are missing is that European basketball can teach a thing or two in team play. The NBA has gone too much "solo" with too much reliance on superstars and iso play. Barcelona shot 30 something 3 pointers, but most of them after moving the ball very well and leaving the shooter wide open. Many times when watching NBA games i miss this ball movement. That is the main reason European NTs have beating US in Olympics or World Championship in recent years. Team play vs individual stars doing their thing.

Moreover, Lakers fans should know better. A certain Gasol, coming from this school of basketball turned the Lakers from also rans to NBA contenders and winners. Gasol is a great individual talent, but he is also a great team player. When he is on the court the Lakers play more cohesively and are more willing to make the extra pass. More players of this type would make the NBA stronger.

Probably the Michael Jordan effect has had a negative impact in the NBA, with many players trying to emulate his individual skills but at the same time forgetting team play. I miss the 80's NBA where besides individual talent tgere was also great team play. The Celtics, the Lakers or the Pistons were a great example of that.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject:

Barcelona connected on less than a third of their wide-open 3-pt shots, and being wide open was partly a function of some Lakers not having their legs under them yet. Neither offense was particularly efficient, although the Lakers were far less efficient yesterday.

That said, I do like the passing aspects you mention, and as players like Pau bring more team ball to the NBA, the NBA improves. I don't like the ball-dominant one-on-one mentality that some teams have either, and this is why Pau ranks right up there with Kobe as my 2 favorite players in NBA.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject:

I took little from the game. Phil never shows his hand. He's looking at everyone and winning isn't important to him at this juncture. My concern is health. Kobe's still under the weather as is Andrew. When we're full force I'll make a assessment.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
chase09
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Jordi wrote:

Well, only to say this, but fortunately not every lakers fan or NBA fan have your same opinion. You just insulted my team and i had to reply, Barça just won your "world champions" playing face to face in not only an exhibition but a very serious match (lakers bench was not having much fun at 2nd half and especially kobe against pete ).

This is exactly why you don't get the respect from American fans you seem to think you deserve. I'm sure it was a very "serious" match to you guys and the Lakers were certainly willing to oblige - but one of the worst teams in the NBA beat the Lakers much worse than you did two nights before. Does that make the Timberwolves better than Barcelona?

And Pete Mikael is an absolute fool - I can understand the excitement but he was acting like Kobe's motivation was something OTHER than not getting hurt.
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject:

This was not a game to draw any firm conclusions from.

Lakers = USA's best.
Incredibly deep and talented group integrating 3 new players into their complicated system.
Playing against a zone with no defensive 3 second rule while missing their starting center. Drew would have helped.
Kobe playing @ 60%.
Since the team is fresh from training camp no one had their legs after the half which effected their shots.
And quite frankly it doesn't seem like they were all that interested in playing over there.

Barca = Europes best.
A team that has played together a long time and is in full stride.
Taking advantage of the zone rule and camping in the paint helped neutralize the Lakers healthy bigs.
A chance to beat the NBA champs on their home court was way more motivating for them and they had the early-mid season juice to pull it off.

Congratulations to Barca and their fans. They played a good game and took advantage of the way this game was set up.
Silly of Barca fans for hanging their hats on this one game though.
cavs108
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject:

that was the pete mickael show... kobe checked out on defense on those 2 weird plays vs mickael in the post, and shoulda been taken out by phil before he got hurt... mickael was clearly playing for more than just the win
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20
Jump to: