LAKERS -at- CELTICS - 2/10 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DzLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Big Thank You to DB!!

Glad to see what makes the Lakers special
* The Black Mamba
* Drew/Pau/LO
* Artest's "D"

I highly respect Emplay's views on "Melo" - however, a Melo/Pau/24 "Big Three" just makes us the third best "Big Three" behind the Heat and Celtics while eliminating what makes all teams fear the Lakersj.

Would a Melo/Pau/24 "Big Three" beat the Celtics on Thursday?

Would Melo shut down Pierce and/or outscore him?

Have to disagree with the bolded part. With Melo & Kobe, we would have the best big three and clearly superior to the Celtics. And yes, Melo could easily outscore Pierce.

I'm not arguing for a Bynum/Melo trade; I get the desire to keep Bynum and our team in tack as is. But if we were to trade, a Kobe/Melo/Pau combo would be lethal on offense and 2nd to none.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Nails as usual, DB. A couple of observations...

-I can't help but wonder if Barnes would turn our normal rebounding advantage over them into something that's almost insurmountable.

Both teams have players out that neither has seen. Could be interesting later. I think it's possible Barnes could defend four positions against this team, if needed. But I'd be curious to see how he'd do against Rondo and Allen and obviously whatever backup was needed on Pierce. You add his height on the floor at one of those positions and that makes the rebounding situation very interesting.

Quote:

-They're an ideal matchup for us defensively, especially on the perimeter. If I had to describe the kind of player I'd like each of our starting 5 to guard, it would be as follows:

Yeah, you nailed it with how well we match up defensively. The key, though, is in those help situations where the Celtics try to lose their men or force switches and mismatches. Kobe's ability to disrupt all that last night and the bigs help in various spots just clamped down. Good individually, but when they got it together as a team, great to watch.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Yeah, you nailed it with how well we match up defensively. The key, though, is in those help situations where the Celtics try to lose their men or force switches and mismatches. Kobe's ability to disrupt all that last night and the bigs help in various spots just clamped down. Good individually, but when they got it together as a team, great to watch.

No doubt. I think they most effectively force those switches and mismatches when they're in semi-transition. They've really burned us over the last few years in those circumstances, and it speaks to the point you've made regarding our offensive execution. Make or miss, there were very few "what the eff are you doing?!?!?" kind of possessions in the 2nd half last night, which lead to a lot less of those switches and mismatches that you're referring to.

Last edited by GoldenThroat on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject:

The fourth quarter was evidence to why Phil is paid the big bucks. His rotations were masterful.

Our bench held the fort while Kobe and Pau rested. In the last three minutes of the game they had the freshest legs on the floor and it was obvious.

I, along with many plugged into the game thread, was lamenting him for keeping Kobe and Pau on the bench so long. With three left they sealed the win.

I said I wouldn't question Phil's coaching methods publicly but would in the shadows of my mind, I did, was wrong and will probably be 99% of the time.

This was a team win aided by a excellent coaching job.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: