LAKERS -at- HEAT - 3/10 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revgen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
revgen wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Bynum says the same...

"It took me a while to get going today. I don't really know why," Bynum said after the Lakers' 94-88 loss Thursday to the Miami Heat. "I was roaming. I just wasn't being quite as active. I'll watch the tape a little bit."

Key words right there. I'm sure he wishes he would have grabbed more boards in the first half, but the way Miami's perimeter players were swarming the basket brings responsibility on the guards who didn't box them out.

Key words? What's the matter with the rest of the context?... or "I just wasn't being quite as active" or ""It took me a while to get going today."

Bynum is not exactly sure why he didn't get rebounds in the 1st half.

Phil is sure of his opinion.

So they aren't exactly saying the same thing.

If Bynum watches "the tape" he'll probably see something like this.

When Wade releases his shot as Bynum is contesting, Kobe should have been there to box him out immediately after the shot was released. Instead Kobe stands around on the perimeter. Wade crashes the board after the miss. He doesn't get his hand on it, but the fact that our guards let him crash is a big part of the problem during the game.
Mattattack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject:

revgen wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
revgen wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Bynum says the same...

"It took me a while to get going today. I don't really know why," Bynum said after the Lakers' 94-88 loss Thursday to the Miami Heat. "I was roaming. I just wasn't being quite as active. I'll watch the tape a little bit."

Key words right there. I'm sure he wishes he would have grabbed more boards in the first half, but the way Miami's perimeter players were swarming the basket brings responsibility on the guards who didn't box them out.

Key words? What's the matter with the rest of the context?... or "I just wasn't being quite as active" or ""It took me a while to get going today."

When Wade releases his shot as Bynum is contesting, Kobe should have been there to box him out immediately after the shot was released. Instead Kobe stands around on the perimeter. Wade crashes the board after the miss. He doesn't get his hand on it, but the fact that our guards let him crash is a big part of the problem during the game.

there was FOUR FREAKING LAKERS in the paint on that play. wade out hustled all of them. how is that a guards problem, for "not boxing out" when IMMEDIATELY after his shot he crashed the glass??
revgen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Mattattack wrote:
revgen wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
revgen wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Bynum says the same...

there was FOUR FREAKING LAKERS in the paint on that play. wade out hustled all of them. how is that a guards problem, for "not boxing out" when IMMEDIATELY after his shot he crashed the glass??

Because fundamentally, you're not supposed to leave your man until the possession is secured. Those other Lakers shouldn't be looking out for a man that isn't their's. Kobe had no excuse to be hanging out on the perimeter and not boxing out his man after the shot was released.
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject:

all i wanted to say is that i was po'd after that stupid game, so big props to db to not only sit through it but relive it by writing about it. the 4th quarter was STUPID! to's, bad decisions, bad calls, a laker loss and the worst thing, a heat 'w'. aargh, i can't STAND the heatles.

again, props to db. (not reading this is NOT PERSONAL...yeah, i have no intentions of reading any of it.)
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject:

With all this "blame Drew" going on, you must give him credit for coming out and playing hard in the second half. I like that adjustment, that ability to listen to the critique of the coach and respond adequately.

You can put as much blame to those guys who let Chalmers, Bibby, and Miller hit all those threes, quite few of them totally uncontested.

This was one of those weird games which Lakers lost because of their own poor offence. Yes, they gave up too many boards to Heat in the first half, but the game was even till the end. We had all the opportunity to win this game, but could not make the shots at the end (with some help from referees, unfortunately).

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. Missed the game, DVR'd it, erased it in a fit of disgust. I was really really ticked off for a while. Nothing like a glance at the news to remind me how small this loss really is. Hope any LG buddies in Japan are OK.

The Heat game was marquee from a TV standpoint, but this Dallas standoff is much more important from a post-season perspective.

Go Lakers!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: