SUNS -at- LAKERS - 3/22 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject:

BigE32 wrote:
We didn't execute very well IMO in end of quarter/OT situations, but we pulled out the W.

What I like about that, though, is that we got to spend about 20 minutes of game action in crunch time, pressure cooker ball. You can't duplicate that in a practice or most games. The team definitely had their struggles, but I hope it was also a good learning/teaching experience for the group to sharpen their game a little more.
sone212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Odom said it best.

"I wish we would have put them away when we should have.......but we found a way to win, and that’s all that matters."

This was the game to get that learning/teaching experience. They get two days off in between games and they'll be playing the Clippers on Friday. The Suns on the other hand are back in Phoenix with a game tonight against Toronto.
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject:

EPIC game. Thanks DB.
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject:

sone212 wrote:
Odom said it best.

"I wish I would have put them away when I should have.......but we found a way to win, and that’s all that matters."

This was the game to get that learning/teaching experience. They get two days off in between games and they'll be playing the Clippers on Friday. The Suns on the other hand are back in Phoenix with a game tonight against Toronto.

just a teeny, weeny clarification.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
BigE32 wrote:
We didn't execute very well IMO in end of quarter/OT situations, but we pulled out the W.
What I like about that, though, is that we got to spend about 20 minutes of game action in crunch time, pressure cooker ball. You can't duplicate that in a practice or most games. The team definitely had their struggles, but I hope it was also a good learning/teaching experience for the group to sharpen their game a little more.
Agree.

Phil allowed the 2nd unit many opportunities to "right the ship."

Their grade - D

Even with the Suns' 2nd unit on the floor (not a group that is known for their defense), they couldn't get it done. Phil has learned that this group of players needs to be on a "short and tight" leach.

Doesn't anybody wonder why Luke, while playing PF, is taking corner 3s? He can't create on his own, doesn't have 3pt range, not in a position to rebound, can't utilize his "passing" skills and isn't mobile. One would think that a player that knows the Triangle well could at least be in position to make a play.

Shannon needs to be given tapes on how Smush Parker function in the Triangle. He's doing just as "good" as Smush.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
BigE32 wrote:
Agree.

Their grade - D

Even with the Suns' 2nd unit on the floor (not a group that is known for their defense), they couldn't get it done. Phil has learned that this group of players needs to be on a "short and tight" leach.

Doesn't anybody wonder why Luke, while playing PF, is taking corner 3s? He can't create on his own, doesn't have 3pt range, not in a position to rebound, can't utilize his "passing" skills and isn't mobile. One would think that a player that knows the Triangle well could at least be in position to make a play.

Shannon needs to be given tapes on how Smush Parker function in the Triangle. He's doing just as "good" as Smush.

I think we got a pretty good glimpse with just under 7 minutes to go in regulation who on the second unit does and does not have PJ's confidence in a tight game:

Brown and Luke: Off to the sidelines

Barnes and Blake: Play on

That Pau/LO/Kobe/Barnes/Blake unit reversed our slide and extended the lead a few points as well.

As it stands we have 3 very solid bench players, and then we just have to hope Brown plays within himself and Luke does no harm.

Ebanks, Joe Smith, Caracter, Ratliff - just not enough playing time even if they were all healthy.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
BigE32 wrote:

You bring up a very good point, DB, and I agree.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
BigE32 wrote:
Agree.

Their grade - D

I think we got a pretty good glimpse with just under 7 minutes to go in regulation who on the second unit does and does not have PJ's confidence in a tight game:

That Pau/LO/Kobe/Barnes/Blake unit reversed our slide and extended the lead a few points as well.

As it stands we have 3 very solid bench players, and then we just have to hope Brown plays within himself and Luke does no harm.

Ebanks, Joe Smith, Caracter, Ratliff - just not enough playing time even if they were all healthy.

"Luke does no harm." I could write a long, multi-part H.L. Mencken-like essay dissecting why that phrase is something only Bizarro Superman could utter without a sense of irony.

But I won't.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
BigE32 wrote:
Agree.

Their grade - D

"Luke does no harm." I could write a long, multi-part H.L. Mencken-like essay dissecting why that phrase is something only Bizarro Superman could utter without a sense of irony.

But I won't.

Yeah those words do look a little scary together. I stand corrected. Hoping deals with reality whereas dreaming can often allow the surreal to appear normal. One can dream Luke does no harm.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: