"Anybody can go out and take a lot of shots and end up with 81 points..." Michael Jordan on Kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Jordan is just mad Phil wanted Scottie to coach the team, and not MJ.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Kobe-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Jordans always been an idiot, when it comes to his point of view on things... the funny thing was, what Stephen A. said about Jordan when he said "I wouldnt of let that happened, I woulda fouled out or something."

He said something along the lines of, "You cant say you wouldnt of let that happen, you never guarded the other teams best player michael. And no matter what you did, you woulda never got more then 4 fouls called on you, those refs never called a foul on you, you coulda smacked kobe in the face and not got called for a foul."

lol it was classic

Aint that the truth! Lesser players smack Kobe upside the head all the time and don't get called for the foul. With the way the refs coddled Jordan, he could get away with knifing Kobe and Kobe would be bleeding from the wound and the refs would still have that"What...we didn't see it so we can't call it" look on their face....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: "Anybody can go out and take a lot of shots and end up with 81 points..." Michael Jordan on Kobe

Wolverine wrote:

This is something a lot of players have said, but I still don't understand. Kobe's an EXCELLENT free-throw shooter. What good is a Hack-a-Kobe strategy? If you're talking flagrant fouls, would you rather pay a fine to the league and get tossed from the game than have your opponent score 4-6 points on you? (2 flagrants = ejection)

My view exactly; all they would be doing is giving Kobe an easy two points, rather than forcing him to work against the defense. My take is that it's more a pride comment; they seem to claim that they would at least try to play hard defense on him, even if they foul out.

^^ Farmar

Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Kobe-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Jordans always been an idiot, when it comes to his point of view on things... the funny thing was, what Stephen A. said about Jordan when he said "I wouldnt of let that happened, I woulda fouled out or something."

He said something along the lines of, "You cant say you wouldnt of let that happen, you never guarded the other teams best player michael. And no matter what you did, you woulda never got more then 4 fouls called on you, those refs never called a foul on you, you coulda smacked kobe in the face and not got called for a foul."

lol it was classic

I remember when Jordan was in his second season with the Wizards and he smacked Jalen Rose hard enough from the back side to chip his tooth. No foul called, it was ridiculous.
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject:

BigAssLakerFan wrote:
Well, MJ says anybody can go out and take a lot of shots and end up with 81. Kobe took 46 shots and ended up with 81; while MJ took 49 shots (1/16/93) and ended up with under 69.

Those are the facts, end of discussion.

Jordan = OWNED by ^ facts.

I'm also a Jordan fan, that doesn't cloud my judgement that all things being equal (esp. age & type of defense thrown at), Kobe is the better offensive player. Time will tell if Kobe will be the overall better player.
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:

BigAssLakerFan wrote:
Well, MJ says anybody can go out and take a lot of shots and end up with 81. Kobe took 46 shots and ended up with 81; while MJ took 49 shots (1/16/93) and ended up with under 69.

That was perfect.

...This topic is now over.

Good job!
L33T kObE8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: "Anybody can go out and take a lot of shots and end up with 81 points..." Michael Jordan on Kobe

LakerJam wrote:
Michael Jordan on Bryant's 81-point game: "Anybody can go out and take a lot of shots and end up with 81 points, but if you lose, who cares? He was in a great rhythm and went out and played well, so you have to commend him for that. If I were on the other side, there would be no way I would have been able to be in that game without six fouls."

Link: http://www.courant.com/sports/basketball/hc-nbanotes0212.artfeb12,0,6352613.story?coll=hc-headlines-basketball

____

For those that insist MJ was so "classy" in his response to Kobe's 81, there you have it. Apparently, there was nothing terribly special about Kobe scoring 81. It's so easy that "anybody" can do it if they just take a lot of shots and are in a good rythym. Never mind the stamina involved whereby Chauncy Billups even said that he couldn't ever do it, because he doesn't have that level of physical fitness. Never mind that MJ, himself, never did it. Or that no one in the history of the game other than Wilt Chamberlain ever did it. What class for MJ to down play Kobe's 81 just to make the rest of the guys in the NBA feel just as gifted as Kobe Bryant. What a swell guy.

Yeah, that's real class all right. Turning the 2nd best (if not the 1st best) scoring performance in NBA history, into nothing more than a guy taking lots of shots while in a good groove.

Is everyone on this site crazy?? Why is everything about Kobe automatically an attack. Jordan was complimenting Kobe, geniuses. Jordan was saying that anyone can score 81, but if it comes in a loss then it doesn't matter. Kobe's game came in a win, so he is applauding that. THE NEXT LINE TALKS ABOUT HOW HE WAS IN A GREAT RHYTHM. Jordan is giving Kobe props here and no one can comprehend. Jordans quote IS NOT misleading, THE THREAD TITLE IS MISLEADING and it's causing biased views. Jesus
Vixen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject:

kups wrote:
BigAssLakerFan wrote:

Jordan = OWNED by ^ facts.

I'm also a Jordan fan, that doesn't cloud my judgement that all things being equal (esp. age & type of defense thrown at), Kobe is the better offensive player. Time will tell if Kobe will be the overall better player.

A very stupid post, thats like saying if Lebron goes out tommorrow and has an 82 point game, he is a better offensive player then Bryant, which we all know is not true. I am sorry, but Jordan remains a superior offensive player, one game does not erase an entire career of brilliance.

Also, agreed with the above post, some of you are trying way to hard to hate on Jordan. Personally I think he was trying to say anyone can score 81 if they shoot enough, but that will most likely lead to a loss, Kobe won and he commended him for it.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject:

If scoring 81 points is no big deal as long as you're given enough shots, then why is it that among ALL the NBA games ever played, only one other performance was superior in terms of total points by a player? I don't think this will be a performance that people will appreciate until many years down the line when Kobe has been long retired. It's as if people so conveniently forget that the Lakers were down 18 in the 3rd quarter and everyone else outside of Kobe who played is a freakin' stiff!
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: "Anybody can go out and take a lot of shots and end up with 81 points..." Michael Jordan on Kobe

LakerJam wrote:
Michael Jordan on Bryant's 81-point game: "Anybody can go out and take a lot of shots and end up with 81 points, but if you lose, who cares? He was in a great rhythm and went out and played well, so you have to commend him for that. If I were on the other side, there would be no way I would have been able to be in that game without six fouls."

Link: http://www.courant.com/sports/basketball/hc-nbanotes0212.artfeb12,0,6352613.story?coll=hc-headlines-basketball

____

For those that insist MJ was so "classy" in his response to Kobe's 81, there you have it. Apparently, there was nothing terribly special about Kobe scoring 81. It's so easy that "anybody" can do it if they just take a lot of shots and are in a good rythym. Never mind the stamina involved whereby Chauncy Billups even said that he couldn't ever do it, because he doesn't have that level of physical fitness. Never mind that MJ, himself, never did it. Or that no one in the history of the game other than Wilt Chamberlain ever did it. What class for MJ to down play Kobe's 81 just to make the rest of the guys in the NBA feel just as gifted as Kobe Bryant. What a swell guy.

Yeah, that's real class all right. Turning the 2nd best (if not the 1st best) scoring performance in NBA history, into nothing more than a guy taking lots of shots while in a good groove.

well ..... if "anybody could", they would ....

and, they did win, so I don't see his point
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject:

is it just me or does kobe make jordan look like the next dr. j.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: