Ben Gorden help the lakers?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Ben Gorden help the lakers?

The sources i have read from have inconsistent thoughts about the availability of Ben Gordon. Sometimes i read about the Bulls wanting to trade him, and then they decline that. But assuming he is on a trading block, can he by any ways help LAL in balance.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject:

He'd be awesome playing 20 minutes off the bench but I believe he wants a greater role.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject:

Just as an FYI... the Bulls guards are talked about at length in this thread:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=17862&start=0
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject:

Seriously, if what we saw from Kwame at the Memphis game keeps up I'd trade Mihm for Gordon

Imagine

Kwame
Cook
Odom
Kobe
Gordon
suckycrapkins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject:

Getting Ben Gordon would be great for the right deal but thats expecting alot from someone like Ditch Kupchak. He might be more interested in signing Vujacic for another 12 years.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:

suckycrapkins wrote:
Getting Ben Gordon would be great for the right deal but thats expecting alot from someone like Ditch Kupchak. He might be more interested in signing Vujacic for another 12 years.

trade odom
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
Seriously, if what we saw from Kwame at the Memphis game keeps up I'd trade Mihm for Gordon

Imagine

Kwame
Cook
Odom
Kobe
Gordon

No I wouldnt go trading our bigs for a somewhat above par guard. For the right guy I would love it.
WestCCa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
suckycrapkins wrote:

trade odom

Odom is being held onto in case a big fish decomes available like KG or Bosh. The Lakers would then try to put together a package with Odom as the center piece.

However, if there was the possibility of getting Tim Thomas (just for the sake of his expiring contract), along with the young talents of say Luol Deng and Ben Gordon for Odom, I'd be very tempted. Getting both talent and cap space in a trade is hard to come by.
they-perch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject:

although i would much rather have hinrich over gordon, hinrich could only be aquired if odom was on the table, who knows if theyd even do that anyways, a backcourt of hinrich/kobe would be amazing. either way gordon would be a good aquisition. i'd say a big body like kwame could do it. w/ kwame bringing the low post D, and chandler the help D thatd give them a solid interior. i struggle to figure out if kobe really needs a sidekick, or someone with the same superhuman drive that he does. gordon is a scorer, and thats something we really need either way.

kwame and 2 first rd picks (one of them the miami pick) for gordon and songalia.

mihm, dg, and miamis pick for gordon and songalia. those should work if you add some filler. i really doubt that these offers are strong enough. difficult to figure something out since they have small k's aside from thomas.

kwame or mihm (whichever is left)/bynum
songalia/turiaf
odom/luke
kobe/sasha
gordon/smush

we dont need a 3rd scorer, we need a 2nd scorer, and thats what gordon is. btwn lamar, kobe, and gordon we have 3 players who can run the show. gordon gives us a clutch 4th qtr player (we only have one of those). he can shoot from anywhere on the floor, and will be getting even better looks from kobe and lamar. many would assume that kobe would have a hard time sharing the ball with a guy who is equally aggressive in shooting but i dont think so. thats what kobe needs, he needs someone who wants to win just as badly, and who isnt afraid to shoot. phil can control gordon, and i dont think his attitude is anything near as dangerous as shaqs.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure the Bull are anxious to move Gordon. He's their leading scorer. I keep hearing people who want to trade for Gordon or Hinrich, but I don't know if people understand that the same things that make the player attractive to the Lakers fans are the very things that cause the Bulls not to want to trade him. I would love to have Tim Duncan on the Lakers too, but that doesn't mean the Spurs want to trade him.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Everyone's talking about scoring, but if we brought in Gordon we'd be giving opposing PG's a free pass to the bucket. Gordon's defense is absolutely horrible. Gordon gives up a ton of size, doesn't play D on small, fast penetrating PG's. He reminds me of Chucky Atkins with a ton more offensive game, or Vinne the Microwave with a ton less defensive game. Forget even man on man, he doesn't even really play the passing lanes well to get a lot of steals. Sure he could come in and be that second scorer, but if you think we get burned now at the PG position, we'd get absolutely scorched with Gordon starting.
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject:

It be sweet getting Gordon, he then be our legit 2nd scorer. If the Bulls would take Mihm, Cook, Slava, George, any of those and our Miami Pick that would just be too great. Gordon isn't a traditional PG which is perfect since we're playing the triangle, and he has a nice outside jumpshot. Gordon and Kobe would also make a nice backcourt, the thing is...who would be wearing #7 if Gordon was traded to the Lakers?
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
He'd be awesome playing 20 minutes off the bench but I believe he wants a greater role.

If it were up to me he would be starting over Smush at this point.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject:

WestCCa wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
suckycrapkins wrote:

trade odom

Odom is being held onto in case a big fish decomes available like KG or Bosh. The Lakers would then try to put together a package with Odom as the center piece.

However, if there was the possibility of getting Tim Thomas (just for the sake of his expiring contract), along with the young talents of say Luol Deng and Ben Gordon for Odom, I'd be very tempted. Getting both talent and cap space in a trade is hard to come by.

sounds like a genius plan. lets wait forever for chris bosh and future hall of famer kevin garnett in case they might want to trade them for a package including lamar odom.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Bulls wont trade Gorden.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject:

He'd help but he won't be made available unless we offer Kobe.
WestCCa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

I don't think he's valued quite that much.
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

In Bizzaro Universe maybe.

He is worth more than George and less than Mihm.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: