+++ LAKERS -at- THUNDER 3/5/13 GAME THREAD +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject:

I haven't posted much lately because I've had to work a lot (and therefore I've had to record a lot of games).

I'm impressed with some of the strides we've made lately. However, I'm still frustrated with some of the bonehead mistakes with a supposedly veteran (or to quote Barkley "Old") team.

1. This team needs serious work on defense. 71 pts at the half? Seriously?! This team relies TOO much on team defense.

...I know that seems counter-intuitive, but team defense is great when you have some good individual defenders. We have too many players that are too easily beat and everyone is constantly rotating trying to recover (and then there are complaints about helping the helper or the next helper).

...D'Antoni continues to struggle with defense. I've seen nothing innovative from him in the defensive arena. If he isn't going to seriously focus on defense (and yes he has made some minor improvements but focuses mostly on energy and forcing the opposition to Howard) then I would like to at least see him utilize some serious zone defense to at least mix things up.

2. Team Intelligence (especially in the 4th quarter).

...How is MWP forcing a 1 on 2 situation a good play? MWP makes some amazing plays, but he's not always a + in every game. His mental lapses where he thinks he's a PG or forces random shots when he's not set, drives me bonkers. I know that he made some bonehead decisions under Phil Jackson, but overall I feel like he's off the reservation more under D'Antoni.

...Kobe is sometimes guilty of engaging in hero ball (but overall his play has been spectacular, so it's really a very isolated incident tonight). My point is that we need to run the offense and move the ball from side to side. However, that's not all on Kobe. There were times when Nash pass the ball out with under 10 seconds remaining and Kobe had to force the action. We need smarter offense and I'd like to see Kobe post up more in situations where we need offense specifically from Kobe.

3. D12.

His offensive moves make me sick (and not in a good way). I'm hoping he's still hurting and will improve. Regardless, I'm not convinced the effort is there especially against elite competition. I'm also not convinced he re-signs with the Lakers in the offseason. With all the draft picks we've given up for D12, Nash, etc. is this the beginning of the end? I'm not sure, but if D12 leaves it's going to be difficult to rebuild or reload in time to get Bryant another ring.
Thisismyusername
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Is Pau usually this talkative with players after a game? He wasn't even playing, but I guess it was classy of em when the rest left.

I can't stand Fisher when I see him in OKC uniform, for some reason.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject:

i thought we had them when we were down 5, i mean poor offense combined with poor defense ends in a 17 point loss

Lakers should have gotten Fisher at somepoint before he rejoined OKC
BlackMamba007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject:

Man, DWIGHT WAS INSANE, He had 6 HUGE POINTS TONIGHT. and 1 MASSIVE basket. This dudes a starrrrrr
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject:

lakerfanfor40years wrote:
Stop blaming this game on Nash or Metta or DHoward.

Put the blame where it belongs, on the moronic coach trying to get this talent to play his style. DH not being used right, Nash gives up the ball to Kobe, who shouldn't handle it. Then he pushes Gasol out of the paint, so who's left in their natural/best spot.

WE give up 100 shots to OKC and take 30 threes.

Phil would have kept this game around 90-100 pts, where we have a chance.

The coach will be gone after the season, Phil will come back and DH will resign.

Hmmm
Gui
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
i thought we had them when we were down 5, i mean poor offense combined with poor defense ends in a 17 point loss

Lakers should have gotten Fisher at somepoint before he rejoined OKC

Some people just don't get it, as much as you like Fisher, deep down he's simply a ring chaser.

That's why he left Utah and Dallas to join contenders. Right now, OKC is a lot more closer to ringing than the Lakers, doubt he would pick LAL over OKC.
deadman8586
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanfor40years wrote:
Stop blaming this game on Nash or Metta or DHoward.

Put the blame where it belongs, on the moronic coach trying to get this talent to play his style. DH not being used right, Nash gives up the ball to Kobe, who shouldn't handle it. Then he pushes Gasol out of the paint, so who's left in their natural/best spot.

WE give up 100 shots to OKC and take 30 threes.

Phil would have kept this game around 90-100 pts, where we have a chance.

The coach will be gone after the season, Phil will come back and DH will resign.

Yeah, but not as coach though because he doesn't want to put his body though that. Also if DH re-signs Pau will be traded regardless who coaches.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112
Page 112 of 112
Jump to: