Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
I like tupac, but lyrically, he is highly overrated.

Question:
I have noticed that Canadians hate pac for some reason.... In your experience does Canada dislike Tupac? I have seen alot of Canadians still taking sides over the east/west thing of the 90's
Not saying that you do, I just want to know if you have seen the same thing.

Nah Tupac is LOVED up here trust me!!!
Chiswick to Chino
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Question:
I have noticed that Canadians hate pac for some reason.... In your experience does Canada dislike Tupac? I have seen alot of Canadians still taking sides over the east/west thing of the 90's

Not sure why. He's not even in the top three DEAD rappers.
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject:

Here are my top dead rappers, in order.

1a: Big L -- Best rhymes of all time (>Rakim, IMO)
1b: Biggie -- Great all around
3: Big Pun -- inconsistant, but still great at his best
4: Half-a-Mill -- underrated
5: Tupac -- image, charisma. A more powerful figure than he is a rapper.

I'm heavily into lyrics and flow. I think that is what made hip hop great, not all that crap party joints you see now. I agree that Pac lyrically isn't all that. I have been a hip hop fan since the 80's and I have never ever saw why people thought Dr. Dre was a great artist (although he's a good producer). The only guys on the west coast that I was ever really feeling on was Ice Cude (late 80's early 90's version) and Snoop Doggy Dogg (early 90's only). I also like Ras Kass. There are some cats on the more underground scene that are decent, but would get skinned by cats like Papoose, Jae Mills, Ali Vegas, etc.

In Fact, I'm not going to use the terms East Coast and West Coast anymore. I hate that coast vs. coast war crap. I think people should learn to appreciate music no matter what side they're on. Although I like more artists from the east coast, every coast has their true talent and the pretenders.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Big Pun shouldn't even make a top 40 list, honestly. And then to rank him ahead of cats like Rakim, KRS One, Pac, Dave...I can go on for about a week about who's ahead of Big Pun in the rap game.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject:

Chiswick to Chino wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Question:

Big L is #1
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Big Pun shouldn't even make a top 40 list, honestly. And then to rank him ahead of cats like Rakim, KRS One, Pac, Dave...I can go on for about a week about who's ahead of Big Pun in the rap game.

I said top 5 dead rappers

If we're talking about everyone else, then I would have Pun barely in the top 40. Very inconsistant but when he was at the top of his game, he had one of the best flows I have ever heard. It is an understatement to say that he is inconsistant..
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

If we're talking about everyone else, then I would have Pun barely in the top 40. Very inconsistant but when he was at the top of his game, he had one of the best flows I have ever heard. It is an understatement to say that he is inconsistant..

Ah, sorry about that, my man. My apologies for missing that.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Question:

Pac is so loved in Canada it's sickening. It's as if ur in his hometown. I don't have a problem with Pac supporters, but most of the fans are fake. They listen to a couple of his songs, hear stuff about him and become posers.
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Question:

Pac is so loved in Canada it's sickening. It's as if ur in his hometown. I don't have a problem with Pac supporters, but most of the fans are fake. They listen to a couple of his songs, hear stuff about him and become posers.

That's not just true for Canada. Here in California, I'd say 80% of the Tupac fans are like that, from what I've seen.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Question:

What he said...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Question:

speak the truth brotha, speak the truth
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Chiswick to Chino wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Question:

Big L is #1

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject:

I must admit, i'm not the biggest hip-hop/rap fan in the world, but the only album within the last 10 years that i listened to over and over again, front to back without skipping, interludes included, might i add, was THE CHRONIC...
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

^ Chronic is definite classic

Chronic >>>> Chronic 2001
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject:

Chiswick to Chino wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Question:

Seems like you registered just to diss Tupac and shock post.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Question:

I have seen alot of people from toronto kneel down for the east coast rappers. I just didnt know what Canada thought of Tupac as a whole. I wondered if they hated him like they hate Kobe.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
^ Chronic is definite classic

Chronic >>>> Chronic 2001

I agree however....
Chronic 2001 is a very good album...better then alot of the rap albums that came out post 9/11
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject:

N.W.A - Straight outta Compton.

You have Straight outta Compton, (bleep) the Police, Gangsta Gangsta, Express Yourself and Dopeman all in the same album.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
Here are my top dead rappers, in order.

1a: Big L -- Best rhymes of all time (>Rakim, IMO)
1b: Biggie -- Great all around
4: Half-a-Mill -- underrated
5: Tupac -- image, charisma. A more powerful figure than he is a rapper.

I'm heavily into lyrics and flow. I think that is what made hip hop great, not all that crap party joints you see now. I agree that Pac lyrically isn't all that. I have been a hip hop fan since the 80's and I have never ever saw why people thought Dr. Dre was a great artist (although he's a good producer). The only guys on the west coast that I was ever really feeling on was Ice Cude (late 80's early 90's version) and Snoop Doggy Dogg (early 90's only). I also like Ras Kass. There are some cats on the more underground scene that are decent, but would get skinned by cats like Papoose, Jae Mills, Ali Vegas, etc.

In Fact, I'm not going to use the terms East Coast and West Coast anymore. I hate that coast vs. coast war crap. I think people should learn to appreciate music no matter what side they're on. Although I like more artists from the east coast, every coast has their true talent and the pretenders.

how can you leave...
jam master J
ODB
and eazy e off your list
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Tupac was a better public person than a rapper, he was a revolutionary, a great figure, but when it comes to Rap he wasnt the best.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject:

^^agreed.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

inconsistent???? i dont get it. the man dropped one album when he was living. ONE. the 2nd album wasn't totally completed before he passed so you can't really use that to judge. But on the punisher, the man was the truth. on EVERY SONG. i dont know what yall talking about. but uh... I knew BIg Pun was going platinum when i picked the album up and played it threw once. I was like, "Uh oh, Fat joe done got lucky and found him a goldmine, this hispanic cat is about sell like no hispanic rapper has". I knew that right off. because he had a combination of Thugg(you saw Pun and you thought to self, "i wouldn't try it with dude", and a ladies man. GUess who else had that going? Biggie. and Pac. THug/Ladies man = million sold.

but for yall that dont know, Big Pun was the new Kool G rap. he borrowed his style. and he admited that Kool g was definitely a big influence.

now, Dead rappers. WHy does everyone hop on the Big L train? Sure the man could spit, had some mean lyrics/punchlines/ delivery. BUT, you and I both know, no man with a voice that light can be put at #1. sorry charlie. voices make a huge difference in rap.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Question:

this is truth.. most people didn't even know Pac rapped with Digital Underground and was in the Humpty Video.

Same Song ring a bell? I was in love with Pac after i heard that verse. but i wil tell the truth. I wasn't feeling his albums until the last one he did prior to signing with death row. the same one he said he liked the most in his documentary movie they show sometime. I always knew he was spitting the real. but he needed beats badly. thats why once he connected with the L.A. producers. it was over. perfect match.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: