Mya Disses 50 Cent & Lloyd Banks In Vibe Interview

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Mya Disses 50 Cent & Lloyd Banks In Vibe Interview

In 2000, captivating song siren Mya told the world she had a Fear of Flying. Well, it seems as if that’s not the case any more, as Mya is set to release what she dubs her "most personal and vulnerable LP," in her fourth studio album Liberation, set to drop this fall.

Here, Vibe.com finds out what has been going on with Mya since her 2003 Moodring album release, what made her finally feel "liberated", and why her next man will be one lucky (bleep).

This is Mya, all guards down.

Vibe.com: Your new album is titled Liberation, but you already had the single “Free” in 2000. I’m confused.

Mya: (laughs) Liberation does mean to be set free. That’s where I am in my life and that’s how I truly feel. I feel like I’m really open, open to suggestions, criticism and I’m not fearing anything, whereas before with the last album, I was a little passive. There were insecurities that I did have with my personal life, family, boyfriend. Things weren’t together then, but they are now. I was single back then, but not free 100 percent. I was a prisoner to myself.

How did you change that enclosed feeling you had?

Mya: I’m single again. I got my girlfriends in my life and we have fun. But when I moved to California for three years, I really didn’t have friends. I lived by myself, I had broken up with my second boyfriend, it was a little lonely and family wasn’t around. But right now, I have fun. It took me a minute to figure out that it’s not all about work all the time. I must say I’m at the point where I don’t give a damn. I’m going to wild out, but take care of business too.

That’s ok. You owe it to yourself. What does Mya do to unwind?

Mya: I drink a nice glass of plum wine or a bottle of it is more like it (Laughs). I’ve had slumber parties at my house, where my girls get together and it’s no holds barred with the (bleep) we talk about. I was closed up before. I kept my problems to myself and I turned into this psycho chick. I even saw a damn psychologist!

Really? When was this?

Mya: This was like in 2002 and 2003, but now things are about to come out.

(Raises eyebrow). What’s about to come out?

Mya: Just things that I held in, man!

But what kinds of things are we talking about here?

Mya: This is the most vulnerable album and there is a sense of closure at the end, where I feel liberated, but there are dramatic points. I say that because there’s a song on there where I was at my lowest point and it was caused by another person, but it’s a feeling of helplessness and desperation. I never, never want to be that woman again, but it happens to a lot of us. I felt like I was playing myself following this dude (boyfriend at the time) and hiring this private investigator, just going crazy. The song is called, “Ridin.’” I was scared to write about these kinds of things before. Not all of this album is negative, though. I think people will be pleased with my vocals on this album because I’m not holding back.

I think many fans perceive you as shy, sexy, sensual, sweet and perhaps still mysterious. Which description best fits Mya?

Mya: I never ever been shy. I think in the beginning, I was very observant. I was just watching and figuring out the situation and I’m still like that. I think if you’re not the center of attention, people automatically call you shy. I’ve had industry folks mad at me, thinking I’m shady because I didn’t have much conversation or bubbly personality. There’s a lot of mixed feelings with people saying I’m fly because I’m mysterious or they don’t like that they don’t know me. I think it’s good either way.

In the past you have been linked to artists like 50 Cent. Any comments?

Mya: Yes: it’s not true. 50 and I never dated, never cuddled, never did anything, period, despite what he chooses to believe in his own mind. I don’t know how he would get Lloyd Banks confused with me.

Whoa. That’s cold blooooded.

Mya: At the end of the day I laugh because I’ve been linked to Jay-Z, Jadakiss, Wyclef, Sisqo, Game and Damon Dash. I’m like ohhhk, let me see pictures, let me see the sex tape.

Speaking about the Game, what was your initial reaction upon hearing his line on the song “Dreams,” where he says, “I had dreams of f****** an R&B b**** like Mya”?

Mya: Well, I had an A&R inform me of the song before I even heard it. That day I had my birthday party and the Game came through and said he wants to take me out to dinner and I’m thinking, ‘This sucker just called me a b**** on his record.’ So I told him, ‘Nice to meet you, but I have some friends I have to get to.’ I kept it polite, but kept it moving. I was a little pissed at him, before I heard it. But then I realized it was a compliment in a crazy hip hop kind of way. I did his video for the song because the director explained to me that it was just a fantasy sequence and nothing real.

The Game got his OWN SHOE, though. That doesn’t impress you?

Mya: (Laughs). Yea, he got his own shoe. I’m actually happily single though.

So what would a guy have to do to impress you?

Mya: Be himself. Getting to know me and taking the time in a friendship, which is still a relationship, is important and being real, so I can base my decisions off the truth. If you perceive Mya to be high maintenance, you put on a front and think you have to take me to expensive restaurants or even lie about your occupation to please me, and then I find out it’s not the truth, I’m living a lie based off your lie. So, keep it real. Other than that, keep me laughing, have fun and don’t take things too seriously. I’m not a promiscuous woman. I’m into relationships. Yes my music can be sexy at times, but I’m not a ho, but I will be a ho and a freak for my man and that’s it. When I get in relationships I go all out for my man and I’m very proud to say that. So, if you are the next one out there then you are one lucky motherf******.

http://www.vibe.com/news/online_exclusives/2006/09/mya_all_guards_down/
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Mya =
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Mya Disses 50 Cent & Lloyd Banks In Vibe Interview

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
I’m not a promiscuous woman. I’m into relationships. Yes my music can be sexy at times, but I’m not a ho, but I will be a ho and a freak for my man and that’s it. When I get in relationships I go all out for my man and I’m very proud to say that. So, if you are the next one out there then you are one lucky motherf******.

love her for this quote alone....she aint that fine but damn. My kind of girl.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:

^^^ I don't listen to her music but thought she was smokin' in that one video where she's spying on some dude and hangs out in his bathtub.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Mya Disses 50 Cent & Lloyd Banks In Vibe Interview

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
I’m not a promiscuous woman. I’m into relationships. Yes my music can be sexy at times, but I’m not a ho, but I will be a ho and a freak for my man and that’s it. When I get in relationships I go all out for my man and I’m very proud to say that. So, if you are the next one out there then you are one lucky motherf******.

WTF are you smoking!!! Mya is fine as hell..... will bone, hit, smack, smash, and (bleep) the living (bleep) out of her... It will come to a point where i wont even get out of bed so i could bone her the whole day
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject:

http://www.angelfire.com/hi5/ecuamixny/TheAlbum/index.album?i=0

^^^^^^
how can you say no to that
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject:

She is so damn HOT!
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
http://www.angelfire.com/hi5/ecuamixny/TheAlbum/index.album?i=0

^^^^^^
how can you say no to that

Don't you mean, "How can you say NOSE to that?" Damn, she's got a honker.

Thanks for the avatar, Hybrid27.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Mya Disses 50 Cent & Lloyd Banks In Vibe Interview

Lakers999 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:

WTF are you smoking!!! Mya is fine as hell..... will bone, hit, smack, smash, and (bleep) the living (bleep) out of her... It will come to a point where i wont even get out of bed so i could bone her the whole day

I feel you!

Smack it up, flip it, rub it down!

Mya
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeBryant24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

Proof right there that having all the money in the world isn't the key to hapiness.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Those fools so patetic they getting dissed by some cheap (bleep)
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

She is just not my steez....yeesh to each his own right??? Im more of a Halle Berry kind of guy or Scarlett Johanssen...yah know.
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject:

You'd have to be dead not to want to hit
>this<
>or this...<
>or even THIS!<
the obligatory Rosalyn Sanchez pic (Rush Hour 2)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: