The Road From Bristol (old and long but funny)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: The Road From Bristol (old and long but funny)

It's over a year old,.. but the comments about our 'favorite' ESPiN Personalities are classic and (bleep) funny!!!

Quote:
July 12, 2005
Introducing the Road From Bristol
Foul Four profiles beginning this weekend
First matchup coming Monday

Our task is simple: to determine, via a time-tested method (the 64-team elimination tournament as seen in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, which ESPN used to show in its pre-sucking days) which ESPN broadcasting personality is the most totally loathsome and most deserves to suffer permanent paralysis of the vocal cords.

Start from the bottom of each thread:
Quote:

Dallas Region

Blue Devil Region

LA Region

Yanks-Sox Region
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject:

I might be in the minority for a lot of these, but I cannot stand Chris Berman. He is a caricature. Stuart Scott annoys me too. I like Greg Anthony.

And I also really like Joe Morgan. Why did he last so long in the battle for most annoying? How did Woody Paige lose (win) versus him?

Is Beano Cook even on ESPN anymore? I loved his tirade years ago. I thought he was too old to be on ESPN anymore.

There are some people there I will listen to, but I don't get how they are on TV. John Clayton should NOT be covering football. He should be doing my taxes.

I used to also like Sterling Sharpe and Harold Reynolds, though I know they are both gone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
I might be in the minority for a lot of these, but I cannot stand Chris Berman. He is a caricature. Stuart Scott annoys me too. I like Greg Anthony.

And I also really like Joe Morgan. Why did he last so long in the battle for most annoying? How did Woody Paige lose (win) versus him?

Is Beano Cook even on ESPN anymore? I loved his tirade years ago. I thought he was too old to be on ESPN anymore.

There are some people there I will listen to, but I don't get how they are on TV. John Clayton should NOT be covering football. He should be doing my taxes.

I used to also like Sterling Sharpe and Harold Reynolds, though I know they are both gone.
So true... I liked Harold too... but they fired him for sex harrassment (allegedly).

I like Gregg Anthony and SAS (flame on). Berman, to me, stole Dickie V's booking on being annoying with those nicknames,... but strangely enough I will tolorate Dickie V, but not Boomer. Lupica and Ryan (and Whitlock when he was there) are straight (bleep)holes, IMO....

I do wish there was an alternative to ESPN...

Ouch Comment: (talking about Linda Cohen) Looks a little like a female John Elway, which is just wrong.

So True Comment: (talking about Skip Bayless)
* Needlessly bashes every athlete/owner/team of the city he suddenly leaves.
* Dreadful windbag.
* Rants.
* Screeches.
* Just plain doesn't talk normal.
* Hates sports and athletes but is paid to cover sports and athletes.
* Hard to believe, but actually is worse than everything else on Cold Pizza.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

I won't flame you for SAS. I really disliked him, but am now on his OK side.

I think the problem with Chris Berman versus Dickie V. is that Dickie has been there, he has coached, he has been involved with the sport he covers. Chris is just a reporter with a schtick.

Lupica and Ryan are just wastes of time.

By the way, is it me, or did I not see Sean Salisbury on the list? I can't stand him. I loved when TO just embarrassed him on national TV after the Sharpie incident. I'll pick Merril Hoge 1000 times before I even consider listening to Salisbury. I don't get why Salisbury gets more air time than Hoge.

Oh, and another guy I like is Ron Jaworski. There are some people who just know a sport inside and out, and Ron is one of them.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
I won't flame you for SAS. I really disliked him, but am now on his OK side.

I think the problem with Chris Berman versus Dickie V. is that Dickie has been there, he has coached, he has been involved with the sport he covers. Chris is just a reporter with a schtick.

Lupica and Ryan are just wastes of time.

By the way, is it me, or did I not see Sean Salisbury on the list? I can't stand him. I loved when TO just embarrassed him on national TV after the Sharpie incident. I'll pick Merril Hoge 1000 times before I even consider listening to Salisbury. I don't get why Salisbury gets more air time than Hoge.

Oh, and another guy I like is Ron Jaworski. There are some people who just know a sport inside and out, and Ron is one of them.
Jaws is cool, I like him... Sean Salisbury and Clayton have had some classic exchanges that were pretty funny... I believe Salisbury is in the Dallas Region.

I like Mitch Albom as well... seems to be down to earth and a decent writer (even if it is in Detroit)... the exact opposite of Lupica....
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject:

LOL, yea Stephen work them fools. Did you read the part where he started dancing and saying "Y'all can't take this" before being told tat he advanced because people hated him? Then he said it was because people can't handle a classy, intelligent, well dressed black man.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: