Jay-Z Kingdom Come

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you like Jay-Z's new album, Kingdom Come?
It's Jigga!!! C'mon!!!
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
I like it so far, will know better later on...
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Not digging it right now, maybe will after a while...
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
He should've stayed "retired"
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 18

assassin08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Jay-Z Kingdom Come

Has anyone got it yet? If so, what do you think? Personally, I think it's one of those albums that will grow on you... and it's got a different sound, you must not expect the same kind of sound from his previous albums... although his lyrics and swagger are still there... k, tell me what you think, 8)
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject:

if anyone has it please post it.
assassin08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject:

here you go: Link

Last edited by assassin08 on Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

It's decent. The Game's album is better.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject:

haven't listened to the whole thing yet but part of it seems like hova on autopilot. the single is good. some nice bright spots but doesn't hold a candle to the black album.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject:

I like it. The Dr. Dre songs suck on the album (except for Lost Ones). It's better than Doctor's Advocate, but I like Food & Liquor a little better right now. I'll have to listen to it more. I'm styill gonna cop it. I'm wating on that new Clipse Album. It's getting classic reviews and received a XXL in XXL Mag.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
PWiddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject:

i think its horrible....2/5
i like minority report and beach chair...lost ones is ok....other than that his flow is uninspired, the beats are very average...i mean really how do you mess up a track with kanye producing, jay rapping and john legend singing? its not possible...or at least i thought it was.

Tracks 6-12 sound like they should've been B Grade tracks left off the blueprint 2...(which was awful as well) again, how do you mess up a neptunes produced "strip club" track with usher/pharell/jay...its not possible..or wait..so i thought.

snooze control for this one...

and i am with you on that clipse..lord knows they have had long enough to make a classic. Im personally waiting on the nas album...cause it is gonna be insane...heard terrible quality with dj yelling version of "black republican" - nas feat. jayz over a Godfather 2 flipped beat... amazing.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

galtarafalcon824 wrote:
It's decent. The Game's album is better.

I agree..

Jay should have stayed retired. The man manages to brag about himself and call himself God on every track. Only the biggest Jay Z stans could appreciate this album

3 at best..just becaus he is Jay.. Hova is Ova
assassin08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject:

k, I just updated the link considering the previous one stopped working
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject:

People are always gonna hate on Jay, the way they hate on Kobe. At the end of the day hes on top so thats all that matters. Any album Jay drops creates havoc cz its Jay. Hova is Hova and nobody is even close.
assassin08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Also, believe it or not, I've gone through the whole album 8 times already, without skipping... so yeah, believe me, this is one of those albums that will grow on you (or most of you)... he's changed up his sound, but the flow and the lyrics are still there...

I do think a track or two could've left off of the album though, not that they're horrible, but just because they don't go with the overall feel of the album... at this point, a solid 8 out of 10,
assassin08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
People are always gonna hate on Jay, the way they hate on Kobe. At the end of the day hes on top so thats all that matters. Any album Jay drops creates havoc cz its Jay. Hova is Hova and nobody is even close.

People look up to winners, but they also despise them... one of the many ironies of life... and yeah, I really hope that the Reasonable Doubt 10 Yr. Anniversary concert at Radio City will be released on DVD... the strings were just too intoxicating! 8)
PWiddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

when you say no one is close i hope you're not talking about as a rapper....i agree he is president of def jam-big accomplishment...now is he doing a good job of it? thats to be debated. but certainly you cant believe this is 2004 again and he is at the top of the rap game....i can name two rappers off the top of my head that murder jay on wax anymore.

and i have listened to the cd all the way through at least 4 times...and i dont see this growing on me..its not like i didnt like the songs because they were different...its because they are just plain bad songs. horrible beat selection for the most part and uninspired flow...you want to hear a track that jay deserves props for being a part of...listen to the new nas/jay:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4yy4matqy5a
now THATS hiphop.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject:

More real hip hop (More or Less - Talib Kweli,... Ear Drum is going to be HOT!!!: LINK
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dwonderful
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:

umm i dont like it very well it is just above average in my opinion
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

PWiddy wrote:
i mean really how do you mess up a track with kanye producing, jay rapping and john legend singing? its not possible...or at least i thought it was.

i thought the same thing. when i saw that track listed i was stoked. how could you go wrong? the song is average.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject:

hey PWiddy...you post on Dubcc? Not feelin the entire album either. I am however in love with the track 1 beat. Has a old school feel to it. Only about 3-4 tracks on the album worth a listen and one of 'em is "show me what you got".... damn.
PWiddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
hey PWiddy...you post on Dubcc? Not feelin the entire album either. I am however in love with the track 1 beat. Has a old school feel to it. Only about 3-4 tracks on the album worth a listen and one of 'em is "show me what you got".... damn.

nah man never heard of dubcc...what is it? glad somebody agrees with me on this album..
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

I thought "show me what you got" was a bad single to put out there to get people to buy the album. There were 2 songs I heard that were alright. I am trying to run this CD at work to see if it grows on me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: