JACKSON TO PERFORM AT WORLD MUSIC AWARDS.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: JACKSON TO PERFORM AT WORLD MUSIC AWARDS.

JACKSON TO PERFORM AT WORLD MUSIC AWARDS:

LATEST: Pop star MICHAEL JACKSON will perform live when he accepts a lifetime achievement award at the World Music Awards in London next week (15NOV06). The BEAT IT star's costumes will be designed by ROBERTO CAVALLI, who met Jackson at his new home in Ireland on Monday (06NOV06). As previously announced, the reclusive singer will receive the Diamond Award, given to artists who have sold more than 100 million albums. His appearance is timed to coincide with the 25th anniversary of THRILLER, which is among the best-selling albums of all time.

07/11/2006 20:08

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jackson%20to%20perform%20at%20world%20music%20awards_1013031

Love him or hate him...we all wanna see him perform. 8)
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject:

YES!!!!!!!

ToughKarl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject:

I don't think people hate him. I think they just hate his ghoulish appearance.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject:

^^i could care less what he looks like. he's the greatest performer of all time.
ToughKarl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
^^i could care less what he looks like. he's the greatest performer of all time.

No doubt, he's the greatest pop star of all time.
he_is_the_one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject:

AHH MAN! I WAS GONNA GO TO THIS AND THEN DECIDED AGAINST IT!!!!

GOD!!!! IM SUCH AN IDIOT!
dwonderful
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject:

WOW!! this is incredible! i posted this in my thread about it!
kuyakarlo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject:

at first everybody was anticipating his return with THRILLER. dude that woulda been indescribably WOW. but i heard he's only doin WE ARE THE WORLD. its a rebirth for him... can't wait.
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Holly (bleep) i'm going to the WMA's!!! I'm going to see Michael Jackson perform live!!!

damn... 8)
dwonderful
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject:

dries wrote:
Holly (bleep) i'm going to the WMA's!!! I'm going to see Michael Jackson perform live!!!

damn... 8)

wow dude, that is gonna be so cool. the KING OF POP, beyonce, nicole richie, mary j blige are all gonna be there!! that is going to be star studded

have fun and be sure to tell me how it went!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

dries wrote:

damn... 8)

i am beyond jealous of you. that's incredible. please know how lucky you are.

you best be giving us an update after the show. enjoy!
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Owh i know...i'm very lucky! I don't care about the other stars, MJ's going to kill that show...

I will tell you guys everything after the show.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject:

I think Jackson should concentrate all his energy on coaching the Lakers.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject:

yeah, this post would have rocked if it were "accidentally" placed in the Lounge, beat me to it fish.
dwonderful
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject:

dries wrote:
Owh i know...i'm very lucky! I don't care about the other stars, MJ's going to kill that show...

I will tell you guys everything after the show.

thanks alot todays the day!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:

i would pay mad cash to hear M jackson perform
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

is this not being televised? that sucks!

thank god for youtube.
he_is_the_one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject:

^It'll probably be broadcast a week or so after the awards, thats what their doing over here in the UK. Have to wait a week before i can even watch it!
he_is_the_one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject:

How was the WMA's dries? Tell us all....
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Jackson's a (bleep) freak.

I cant wait till he's dead.
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:

The_Lakers_Show wrote:

what the hell?
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Just got back from london and had a great time!

Linsay Lohan sucked as a host...badly. She did no skits or entrance and essentially read off the auto-cue. Terrible.

Beyonce opened the show. She tore that (bleep) down. She is a natural...it was effortless. She did the dance break and then went straight into Deja Vu. Beyonce performed again later.

Even if I tried, I can't remember alot of the 'world' acts that performed. So I'll jump straight to Nelly Furtado, who sang her new single. She did really well and was generally received well.

After and sometimes even during every segment the whole arena would chant 'Michael Michael Michael', sing his songs etc. Im talking from the rafters to the standing section. Say what you want about him, but the man still has ALOT of fans and could pack out every arena across the world.

Anyway...

Paris Hilton got booed...

The announcer then said 'please welcome back Beyonce'. 'To the left, to the left' rang out and Bey performed again

Then after a LONG break, the opening of Thriller started...people were expecting it to be Michael. Yet Chris Brown appeared and did a really good tribute...full red ensamble and everything, great job doing the Thriller choreography. He did an respectable job. Good stuff. That left the audience in a state of confusion though...what was Michael to perform, if CB did Thriller?

Beyonce came out AGAIN (talk about recycling the same stars) and introduced Michael Jackson as the recepitent of the Diamond Award (over 100 million Thriller albums sold). I have NEVER, EVER, seen a crowd go wild like that EVER. People were randomly bursting out in tears...genuinely in awe of him. Can't no one say that the 'Michael Jackson effect' of the 80s don't exist no more. It was in full effect last night as i was shocked myself seeing mj for the first time. Anyway, MJ gives a speech...gets drown out by the crowd appreciation...laughs...crowd still screaming...says 'I love you too'...etc. And then he left.

Poor Rihanna...she came on straight after MJ (we were all expecting him to go straight into performance) but no it was her. when they announced her name...alot of people booed. Not because they hated her but they wanted Michael. Anyway, she sang Unfaithful. I won't lie, the girl can sing. Anyway she got a big applause after but seemed pissed and went straight off stage...didn't wave or acknowledge the audience at all.

A choir of teens (not kids lol) came out and MJ was introduced. They sang (mimed) 3/4 of We Are The World to the backing track and then MJ arrived (crowd goes nuts). Here's where people were a little PO'ed (after the show I might add). He basically walked up and down the stage collecting posters, flowers etc and tried singing a couple of notes BUT like i said, the show was disorganized, they played the wrong playback track... its should have been the instrumental version so you can actually hear MJ sing... instead they had the full version with Steve and the other guy add-libbing and it was loud... MJ realised that as he started singing so he kinda stopped there....he then went closer to the crowd, took his jacket off threw it in the middle of the crowd (you know what happened then). I was told by a relative who watched the news that MJ said that he wasnt performing and was there to collect the award. That explains why the whole WATW performance looked so hastily arranged. As you all know, this was built up to be his 'comeback' performance...in fairness to him there was never any official official word on him performing...rather rumours and hearsay snowballed and hyped everyone up for a Thriller-esque performance that was never going to happen. MJ and/or his people have to take slight blame for this...people bought tickets expecting him to perform...this could have been cleared up with a press release or something beforehand. It kinda leaves me a bit worried about the people MJ still has around him; surely clarifing his role at the awards beforehand would have left people in no doubt of what they were paying to see. However sitting back and letting people think it will be this showstopping 'comeback' performance and then it not happening is like MJ shooting himself in the foot. Even tough MJ didn't really perform, the show was all his...but that didn't stop the media for having a field day ofcourse.

This should have essentially been MJ simply receiving an award and fans just happy to see him. If MJ's appreance at the WMA's was billed as such, this 'backlash' from the uncharacterically postive (in recent weeks) press would not have occured.

My friend was interviewed for GMTV and he was positive about the show...but it wasn't shown. The ones shown showed fans heated and angry and nothing really postive. No suprises there.

I personally had a great time, mainly due to seeing MJ in the flesh for the first time. The awards itself was very badly organised though. Doors to open at 5pm..we didnt get into the seating area until way past 7pm and the show was supposed to have started. It eventually started after 8pm. They basically took the p*ss because it was not a live show. A hell of lot editing will need to go in to make this come across well on TV.

Perhaps this is just wishful thinking, but the idea of MJ waiting for a bigger platform (not in terms of viewership, but grandeur) to make his 'comeback' keeps recurring to me i.e. next years Grammy's.

With how yesterday went down, it is IMPERATIVE that he shows everyone why he is the superstar he is. He will forever be the King of Pop, but it seems the mainstream media as well as the general public need to be reminded. Remind them then Michael.

dwonderful
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject:

dries wrote:
Just got back from london and had a great time!

Linsay Lohan sucked as a host...badly. She did no skits or entrance and essentially read off the auto-cue. Terrible.

Beyonce opened the show. She tore that (bleep) down. She is a natural...it was effortless. She did the dance break and then went straight into Deja Vu. Beyonce performed again later.

Even if I tried, I can't remember alot of the 'world' acts that performed. So I'll jump straight to Nelly Furtado, who sang her new single. She did really well and was generally received well.

After and sometimes even during every segment the whole arena would chant 'Michael Michael Michael', sing his songs etc. Im talking from the rafters to the standing section. Say what you want about him, but the man still has ALOT of fans and could pack out every arena across the world.

Anyway...

Paris Hilton got booed...

The announcer then said 'please welcome back Beyonce'. 'To the left, to the left' rang out and Bey performed again

Then after a LONG break, the opening of Thriller started...people were expecting it to be Michael. Yet Chris Brown appeared and did a really good tribute...full red ensamble and everything, great job doing the Thriller choreography. He did an respectable job. Good stuff. That left the audience in a state of confusion though...what was Michael to perform, if CB did Thriller?

Beyonce came out AGAIN (talk about recycling the same stars) and introduced Michael Jackson as the recepitent of the Diamond Award (over 100 million Thriller albums sold). I have NEVER, EVER, seen a crowd go wild like that EVER. People were randomly bursting out in tears...genuinely in awe of him. Can't no one say that the 'Michael Jackson effect' of the 80s don't exist no more. It was in full effect last night as i was shocked myself seeing mj for the first time. Anyway, MJ gives a speech...gets drown out by the crowd appreciation...laughs...crowd still screaming...says 'I love you too'...etc. And then he left.

Poor Rihanna...she came on straight after MJ (we were all expecting him to go straight into performance) but no it was her. when they announced her name...alot of people booed. Not because they hated her but they wanted Michael. Anyway, she sang Unfaithful. I won't lie, the girl can sing. Anyway she got a big applause after but seemed pissed and went straight off stage...didn't wave or acknowledge the audience at all.

A choir of teens (not kids lol) came out and MJ was introduced. They sang (mimed) 3/4 of We Are The World to the backing track and then MJ arrived (crowd goes nuts). Here's where people were a little PO'ed (after the show I might add). He basically walked up and down the stage collecting posters, flowers etc and tried singing a couple of notes BUT like i said, the show was disorganized, they played the wrong playback track... its should have been the instrumental version so you can actually hear MJ sing... instead they had the full version with Steve and the other guy add-libbing and it was loud... MJ realised that as he started singing so he kinda stopped there....he then went closer to the crowd, took his jacket off threw it in the middle of the crowd (you know what happened then). I was told by a relative who watched the news that MJ said that he wasnt performing and was there to collect the award. That explains why the whole WATW performance looked so hastily arranged. As you all know, this was built up to be his 'comeback' performance...in fairness to him there was never any official official word on him performing...rather rumours and hearsay snowballed and hyped everyone up for a Thriller-esque performance that was never going to happen. MJ and/or his people have to take slight blame for this...people bought tickets expecting him to perform...this could have been cleared up with a press release or something beforehand. It kinda leaves me a bit worried about the people MJ still has around him; surely clarifing his role at the awards beforehand would have left people in no doubt of what they were paying to see. However sitting back and letting people think it will be this showstopping 'comeback' performance and then it not happening is like MJ shooting himself in the foot. Even tough MJ didn't really perform, the show was all his...but that didn't stop the media for having a field day ofcourse.

This should have essentially been MJ simply receiving an award and fans just happy to see him. If MJ's appreance at the WMA's was billed as such, this 'backlash' from the uncharacterically postive (in recent weeks) press would not have occured.

My friend was interviewed for GMTV and he was positive about the show...but it wasn't shown. The ones shown showed fans heated and angry and nothing really postive. No suprises there.

I personally had a great time, mainly due to seeing MJ in the flesh for the first time. The awards itself was very badly organised though. Doors to open at 5pm..we didnt get into the seating area until way past 7pm and the show was supposed to have started. It eventually started after 8pm. They basically took the p*ss because it was not a live show. A hell of lot editing will need to go in to make this come across well on TV.

Perhaps this is just wishful thinking, but the idea of MJ waiting for a bigger platform (not in terms of viewership, but grandeur) to make his 'comeback' keeps recurring to me i.e. next years Grammy's.

With how yesterday went down, it is IMPERATIVE that he shows everyone why he is the superstar he is. He will forever be the King of Pop, but it seems the mainstream media as well as the general public need to be reminded. Remind them then Michael.

whoa good job!!! thanks for the review!
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject:

The_Lakers_Show wrote:

Scary!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: