Am I the only one not liking Eli Manning?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skumbag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Am I the only one not liking Eli Manning?

I didn't like this guy when he said he wouldn't play for the Chargers. And then when he got to the NFL, all the announcers were hyping him up, oh it's Peyton's lil brohter, oh it's Archie's son, oh it's traditional football family. Chargers isn't a big enough team to host his family football tradition huh? And when every this guy gets sacked because he can't a lick worht of (bleep), annoucers would scream at the offensive line on not giving poor Eli enough protection. I know it's a lil selfish, but after his attitude towards the Chargers, I hope his team keep on losing some more.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject:

did he puke out there? Just saw some clips of him on espn..looked as if he threw up a little in his mouth and swallowed.

Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject:

You're not alone.

I too CANNOT STAND THE GUY. I used to feel the same way about Peyton, now I can at least respect him more and say that he's a "great QB", but I still am waiting to see it in the playoffs.

But Eli is a different story, he just seems like a prick, maybe it was the whole Charger ordeal, but something about him I just don't like. Plus I hate the Giants with a passion.
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject:

I don't like anyone named Eli.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

He has the personality of a wet dishrag. I have absolutely no feeling towards him in any way shape or form. Being a Broncos fan, I feel differently about the Chargers.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject:

His name isn't Eli, it is Elisha.

And Elisha not coming to San Diego was the best thing that ever happened to the Chargers and the fans here.

The last thing we need is a gutless loser who can't make his own decisions without Papa Loser and his overrated brother looking over his shoulder.

Where do you think Elisha and Philip Rivers would be drafted if they held the draft today?

Luckly for us, AJ Smith brilliantly fleeced the Giants....not just for Rivers, but also for the picks that led to Merriman and Kaedling.

Rivers, Merriman and Kaeding for Elisha "I am Too Good to play in San Diego" Manning.

One of the best trades in NFL history right there.
joshman445
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

And Elisha not coming to San Diego was the best thing that ever happened to the Chargers and the fans here.

The last thing we need is a gutless loser who can't make his own decisions without Papa Loser and his overrated brother looking over his shoulder.

Where do you think Elisha and Philip Rivers would be drafted if they held the draft today?

Luckly for us, AJ Smith brilliantly fleeced the Giants....not just for Rivers, but also for the picks that led to Merriman and Kaedling.

Rivers, Merriman and Kaeding for Elisha "I am Too Good to play in San Diego" Manning.

One of the best trades in NFL history right there.

Peyton manning is overrated??? he is one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game....
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject:

Eli Manning can keep losing!

while Tony Romo continues to win!!!!!!
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject:

Kobe 4 Prez wrote:
You're not alone.

I too CANNOT STAND THE GUY. I used to feel the same way about Peyton, now I can at least respect him more and say that he's a "great QB", but I still am waiting to see it in the playoffs.

But Eli is a different story, he just seems like a prick, maybe it was the whole Charger ordeal, but something about him I just don't like. Plus I hate the Giants with a passion.

Ditto.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject:

Rivers had to get a kick out of last night's game. (as a Cowboy fan, I know I did!)

Seriously, what is Rivers' ceiling? Coming back from 17 down in Denver is impressive.

BTW, right now the only QB I would take over Rivers is Tony Romo!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject:

joshman445 wrote:

Peyton manning is overrated??? he is one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game....

He is during the regular season at least!

He is the best of the three (followed by Papa, then poor Elisha) but he has a lot of choke in him.
tortuga
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Man, that's such a disgrace to all the Elisha's out there. Especially to my girl, Elisha Cuthbert.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject:

, when i see these bashers of eli manning, its funny. Im one of the few too remember the crap that used too get thrown on peyton manning around 4 years ago. He turns it over too much etc , that was the year before dungy came in i think, and mora's famous"playoffs" rant.
Jacko
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:

stop hating on Eli !!
this kid is gonna be great!!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject:

tortuga wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Man, that's such a disgrace to all the Elisha's out there. Especially to my girl, Elisha Cuthbert.

Elisha is pretty funny I usually call her Sheli. I absolutely love the guy. Thank you Sheli, for crying and pouting your way out of San Diego. Thank you Sheli, for allowing us to dump you at your peak value and get even more value in return than you will EVER be worth in your entire career. And lastly, thank you Sheli for bringing the city of San Diego its first ever Super Bowl (soon). You have been great to the city! Sheli! Sheli! Sheli!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject:

I don't hate him there I said it

I do however hate the Chargers for dogging Drew Brees out to begin with he was a decent QB but no they got impatient with him after what two years and they wanted to get a Manning or so they said. But they put it out there that Eli didn't like San Diego either which made getting Rivers easier. Please it was obvious Marty wanted Rivers which was fine what I never understood was why people are still (bleep) about Eli after all this shouldn't San Diego be thanking him? Why the hate? So he didn't want to go to San Diego blah blah blah. I mean if you hate him fine I guess I just am annoyed by the hypocrisy of it all where was all this outrage when Elway did the same thing? Also laughable considering most of this board are Kobe fans and he did the same thing to the Hornets just so he could play here. Difference is the Hornets didn't put it out there like the Chargers did until it didn't matter anymore. Did you think less of him for doing that to them? Seems hypocritical.

If anything I always felt the fans wanted a Manning to come there since the Colts got Peyton first and they got saddled with Ryan Leaf.

I just find it amusing that when John Elway did the same exact thing to the Colts twenty years prior nobody criticized him back then for it I guess cuz he didn't come from $$$ might've been why.

I personally didn't hate Elway for that either and I'm a Colts fan.

Oh and Merriman is not something to brag about considering he's suspended for testing positive but whatever. I'm just glad that Drew is out of there at least I can root for the Saints despite Reggie Bush.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

I do however hate the Chargers for dogging Drew Brees out to begin with he was a decent QB but no they got impatient with him after what two years and they wanted to get a Manning or so they said. But they put it out there that Eli didn't like San Diego either which made getting Rivers easier. Please it was obvious Marty wanted Rivers which was fine what I never understood was why people are still (bleep) about Eli after all this shouldn't San Diego be thanking him? Why the hate? So he didn't want to go to San Diego blah blah blah. I mean if you hate him fine I guess I just am annoyed by the hypocrisy of it all where was all this outrage when Elway did the same thing? Also laughable considering most of this board are Kobe fans and he did the same thing to the Hornets just so he could play here. Difference is the Hornets didn't put it out there like the Chargers did until it didn't matter anymore. Did you think less of him for doing that to them? Seems hypocritical.

If anything I always felt the fans wanted a Manning to come there since the Colts got Peyton first and they got saddled with Ryan Leaf.

I just find it amusing that when John Elway did the same exact thing to the Colts twenty years prior nobody criticized him back then for it I guess cuz he didn't come from $$$ might've been why.

Oh and Merriman is not something to brag about considering he's suspended for testing positive but whatever. I'm just glad that Drew is out of there at least I can root for the Saints despite Reggie Bush.

If you have the #1 pick and your QB position is uncertain, you would be an idiot NOT to pick a franchise QB. How is that "dogging" Drew Brees? It was the right move. The QB position is arguably the most important position in football, and they needed to shore that up.

I'm a huge Brees fan and I'm thankful for what he did for the Chargers and I'm glad to see him doing well in New Orleans, but he hadn't shown ANY signs of how good he would become when they had that #1 pick.

And the concept of enjoying watching Sheli suck shouldn't be that difficult to understand. Imagine if the Lakers (or whoever is your favorite team) were a crappy team and got the #1 pick in the draft, but days before the draft Greg Oden makes it known that he won't play for the Lakers and will sit out the entire year if they draft him. That's just flat out disrespectful. He's a spoiled little brat and he's getting what he deserves.

But at the end of the day, Sheli's suckiness is just the icing on the cake. If he were having a great year it wouldn't even matter to me because my Chargers are looking damn good. Chargers fans are too busy celebrating our own success to really be worried about Sheli. Like I said, icing on the cake. It's not really hate, it's just a damn good laugh. That's all. Payback's a (bleep).

Last edited by Ziggy on Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

I do however hate the Chargers for dogging Drew Brees out to begin with he was a decent QB but no they got impatient with him after what two years and they wanted to get a Manning or so they said. But they put it out there that Eli didn't like San Diego either which made getting Rivers easier. Please it was obvious Marty wanted Rivers which was fine what I never understood was why people are still (bleep) about Eli after all this shouldn't San Diego be thanking him? Why the hate? So he didn't want to go to San Diego blah blah blah.

I hope the facts don't make you hate more, but the facts are Marty wanted Brees.

However, our brilliant GM, AJ Smith knew that Rivers was a rare breed....a guy with not just the physical ability, but an insane competitive streak and a solid citizen.

Brees was an overacheiving midget, Rivers is the best young QB in the NFL.

I pray to play the Colts in the playoffs, I know what will happen.

Fear the Lightning Bolt!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Preach on Lanny

And Merriman will be back with a vengeance.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

If you have the #1 pick and your QB position is uncertain, you would be an idiot NOT to pick a franchise QB. How is that "dogging" Drew Brees? It was the right move. The QB position is arguably the most important position in football, and they needed to shore that up.

I'm a huge Brees fan and I'm thankful for what he did for the Chargers and I'm glad to see him doing well in New Orleans, but he hadn't shown ANY signs of how good he would become when they had that #1 pick.

And the concept of enjoying watching Sheli suck shouldn't be that difficult to understand. Imagine if the Lakers (or whoever is your favorite team) were a crappy team and got the #1 pick in the draft, but days before the draft Greg Oden makes it known that he won't play for the Lakers and will sit out the entire year if they draft him. That's just flat out disrespectful. He's a spoiled little brat and he's getting what he deserves.

But at the end of the day, Sheli's suckiness is just the icing on the cake. If he were having a great year it wouldn't even matter to me because my Chargers are looking damn good. Chargers fans are too busy celebrating our own success to really be worried about Sheli. Like I said, icing on the cake. It's not really hate, it's just a damn good laugh. That's all. Payback's a (bleep).

Please Drew was given what only two years? I mean it takes longer than that for a QB to develop into something more. I get that its a business and all but I thought they didn't think much of him while he was here leaving him in the wings like that. Like I said I'm glad he's on a better team now.

As for Eli well yeah I don't get it I mean what's the point like I said Elway did that years ago (to my team no less) and yet there's not nearly as much outrage over it. But when Eli does it its a controversy? It just seems rather hypocritcal to me. I mean if you don't like the guy so whatever but I would think if the Chargers are so fine without him which they probably are why should Eli's progress matter to you? It just seems pointless to me. Hell I didn't even hate Elway for what he did I mean it was his life he did what was best for him and it paid off. I guess I see it differently when you're in professional sports not all players are fortunate to have the power to choose where to go. I mean would you want a player to play for your team if he didn't want to be there despite how good he was? I think if people were really honest with themselves if they had $$ and influence to make it happen they would do it in a heartbeat and not look back. I can't really judge him for doing it.

Oh and I find it sooo convenient how you didn't mention Kobe at all during this seeing as how he did the SAME EXACT THING. Course he wasn't #1 in the draft but his father and agent made it happen and now a decade and 3 titles later I don't see you call him a brat getting what he deserves with the rape charge, and endless controversy.

I guess if you benefit from it it doesn't matter and I don't even care if Kobe did that personally I really don't he did what was best for him and it paid off for the most part.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

I do however hate the Chargers for dogging Drew Brees out to begin with he was a decent QB but no they got impatient with him after what two years and they wanted to get a Manning or so they said. But they put it out there that Eli didn't like San Diego either which made getting Rivers easier. Please it was obvious Marty wanted Rivers which was fine what I never understood was why people are still (bleep) about Eli after all this shouldn't San Diego be thanking him? Why the hate? So he didn't want to go to San Diego blah blah blah.

I hope the facts don't make you hate more, but the facts are Marty wanted Brees.

However, our brilliant GM, AJ Smith knew that Rivers was a rare breed....a guy with not just the physical ability, but an insane competitive streak and a solid citizen.

Fear the Lightning Bolt!

I do believe Marty liked Brees not as much as Rivers though but isn't this the same GM that picked Ryan Leaf? If so I'd say Polian is the smarter one in that deal.

Yeah I'm real scared of the Chargers a good team they are but then I see their coach and well its the same exact reason nobody is scared of the Colts either....

Like I said playoffs and regular season are not the same I of all people know that. I didn't trust Marty then I still don't.

I'm sure Chiefs and Browns fans can tell you that one...
PWiddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Fear the Lightning Bolt!

name 5 quarterbacks that are better? he is one of the top 5 in the league..young or old. i mean really I would take of course brady and peyton but then who? you give me a choice and mr. rivers is right there.

coming from an nc state grad whowatched every game PR played in college either live at home or on tv when they were away this kid is special. also sitting right behind the bench and watching his reactions on the sidelines...and the way he is so intense and always talking to players, gaining their trust, always eager to learn and listen.

this kid is special and will go down as one of the greats. not to mention the double threat which really equates to a triple threat with LT who is too sick to mention and the MVP. watch out for SD this year...could be superbowl dancin.

and oh yea...i think eli is a punk. oh the irony...i LOVE it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: