Strahan calls out ESPiN Reporter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Strahan calls out ESPiN Reporter

Quote:
"Come here, I want to see your face when you ask this question, the way you are going to ask it," Strahan said. "I know you are going to ask it in a way there is more division and more of a negative way than it was, so come here, I want to see your face, please."

Strahan then asked the media to clear a path so he could see Naqi.

"You're a responsible journalist, look me in the eye and ask this question the way you want to ask it," said Strahan, who only came into the locker room after being told by the public relations staff that Naqi was questioning his teammates about his comments. "Look a man in the eye before you try to kill him or make up something."

Quote:
"It's a shame," Strahan said on the radio Monday. "You can't give up. You can't quit, because you're not quitting on yourself, you're quitting on everybody. I don't quite understand what his lack of motivation is in those types of situations. But I'm going to try to see what it is, and if I can talk to him about it. He's too good for that."

Strahan got snippy after Naqi questioned him about talking to Burress.

"I haven't spoken to you about it," he said. "I have spoken to Plaxico. I spoke to Plaxico in the team meeting, as well."

Quote:
"The fact of the matter is we are 6-5," Strahan said. "We have lost three games in a row. What do you want us to do, put our head down and run to a corner? We don't do that. We're men. We get back, we practice hard. We prepare to play to win. We don't prepare to come in and have someone who wants to take a comment and try to divide teammates in a way that it just disrupts this team.

"We don't have that division," Strahan added. "So if you want to come here with a negative, you are coming to the wrong guy, because I am not a negative guy. I don't kill my teammates. I'm a man and I talk to my teammates."

Quote:
Strahan then ranted about the media only wanting to write negative stories to sell newspapers.

"The only thing that bothers me is the fact that you mislead people outside of this locker room when you guys spend more time with us than we damn near spend with ourselves sometimes, and that's a shame," Strahan said.

Quote:
"If you are going to be negative, be negative because if you think it bothers me I don't give a damn what you write," Strahan said.

STORY

Good for him... Wish more would call them out!
[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject:

i wish the lakers can do that to TJ simers and kenny miller

Last edited by 999 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:

I ama Giants' fan, so I am glad to see Strahan calling them out.

But what exactly did Naqi ask or say?

EDIT: Was it only her writing about Strahan's comments that Plaxico quit on the play, thus quit on the team?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
I ama Giants' fan, so I am glad to see Strahan calling them out.

But what exactly did Naqi ask or say?

EDIT: Was it only her writing about Strahan's comments that Plaxico quit on the play, thus quit on the team?
I heard the audio on FoxSports Radio. Strahan made some comments on WFAN in NY. The reporter twisted them around when she went to talk to Plaxico (I heard the audio). Strahan then called her out in the locker room about it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: