LaVar Ball Wants All 3 Sons to play for the Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

ozzie wrote:
If the Kings had the 1st pick instead of 5 they still wanted Fox. They were concerned about another circus after moving Cousins.

Well, at least Cousins was a relevant lottery pick unlike many busts and mediocre players they drafted in lottery. So they'd have overlooked Tatum and co and drafted Fox at No.1 anyway? That'd be so typical of the Kings lol.
Iversondalivest1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

(bleep)..... no.... if lakers fall for lavar's swinging baloney that many times then im done with this team. I want to watch basketball, not a gat dang reality show trash.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Iversondalivest1 wrote:
(bleep)..... no.... if lakers fall for lavar's swinging baloney that many times then im done with this team. I want to watch basketball, not a gat dang reality show trash.

AGREE
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

GELO is not an NBA player, he has no position in this league
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject:

No, thanks. BBB stock is in a nose dive right now after LiAngelo's fiasco and Lonzo's horrible shooting. I would be bearish right now.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/arashmarkazi/status/939938428719980545
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Fine. Get Gelo to hit 45% 3pts and play switchable defense.

Get Melo to run halfcourt sets efficiently, play defense, and get bigger.

Maybe that gets a conversation.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/arashmarkazi/status/939938428719980545

Damn Lavar stays winning
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Maybe that's Lavar's strategy. Tank his son's stock so far that the Lakers would be the only team willing to take them. I mean if they're talented I'd take them...

LiAngelo, not in a heartbeat, LaMelo has potential, but none of these kids are elite defenders and I even question whether I want them at UCLA.

Meh, hardly anybody is an elite defender. Not to mention you are usually one screen and roll switch away from shedding a good defender.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

pretty much mike. Gelo can really shoot, like really shoot and score the ball. he's a very big/strong SG/SF size guy. so he can deal with the physicality of the nba. especially his position(s).

But he is slow footed and more or less, not that athletic in nba terms. yet he still knows how to get his shot off when crowded. we've seen the less athletic, or short, etc. type of guys do well in the nba. so its not like it isn't possible. Anytime you're a natural scorer and you're a money shooter off the catch and off the dribble. Then you can find a place in the nba. the question is can you find a HOME in the nba and stay in the big league?

Could Gelo be some teams shooter? maybe.

like say he was boobie gibson. you have a superstar that passes well like a bron that will take all the defense off of you. could Gelo stand and launch? I think so.

but you will have to hide him on defense. or just let him play spot mins. come in, hit some shots, sit his butt back down.

as for melo. he plays no defense and desires to score more than pass and takes a lot of bad shots. but he can shoot very well and score very well. he CAN pass very well when he cares to. I think him playing overseas would be best for him. it would force him to be a better TEAM oriented player.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

pretty much mike. Gelo can really shoot, like really shoot and score the ball. he's a very big/strong SG/SF size guy. so he can deal with the physicality of the nba. especially his position(s).

But he is slow footed and more or less, not that athletic in nba terms. yet he still knows how to get his shot off when crowded. we've seen the less athletic, or short, etc. type of guys do well in the nba. so its not like it isn't possible. Anytime you're a natural scorer and you're a money shooter off the catch and off the dribble. Then you can find a place in the nba. the question is can you find a HOME in the nba and stay in the big league?

Could Gelo be some teams shooter? maybe.

like say he was boobie gibson. you have a superstar that passes well like a bron that will take all the defense off of you. could Gelo stand and launch? I think so.

but you will have to hide him on defense. or just let him play spot mins. come in, hit some shots, sit his butt back down.

as for melo. he plays no defense and desires to score more than pass and takes a lot of bad shots. but he can shoot very well and score very well. he CAN pass very well when he cares to. I think him playing overseas would be best for him. it would force him to be a better TEAM oriented player.

I have not seen much of LiAngelo, but it feels like your scouting of him is based on a high school / lower tier college environment....none of that would likely translate to a professional level, much less the NBA. Grading out as a 3 Star prospect, usually means that one should work hard to earn their degree, because unless something changes significantly, that person is unlikely to earn a living within their sport...and definitely not at the highest level. I am sure there are 3 Star prospects that have played and did well in the NBA....but that usually is a result of being graded out incorrectly more so than the player suddenly developing into a professional prospect....at least that has been my experience as a spectator.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I have not seen much of LiAngelo, but it feels like your scouting of him is based on a high school / lower tier college environment.... .

It would have to be. The guy hasn't played in college.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject:

I think a Lavar distraction is too much for any franchise; now times 3?

NO WAY! I'd go another way and keep some sense of sanity in-house.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2748720-liangelo-ball-my-dad-knows-what-hes-doing-so-i-just-trust-the-process

Quote:

Story filed to ESPN with @DraftExpress: LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball are in serious discussions to sign professional basketball deals with Lithuanian club Prienu Vytautas. Club plans to decide in next 24-to-48 hours whether to finalize an agreement with the two American teenagers.
R-Tistic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Y'all are funny.

If I have three sons, I would want them to all play for the Lakers, too.

The fact that he actually has three sons (or at least two) who are talented enough to actually make it this far is amazing, regardless of his antics.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2748720-liangelo-ball-my-dad-knows-what-hes-doing-so-i-just-trust-the-process

Quote:

Story filed to ESPN with @DraftExpress: LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball are in serious discussions to sign professional basketball deals with Lithuanian club Prienu Vytautas. Club plans to decide in next 24-to-48 hours whether to finalize an agreement with the two American teenagers.

good for them...maybe they take Lavar, lol
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Seems like just publicity. How the heck are they going to exposure playing overseas . His kids sitting on the bench in Europe is not going to cut it for their reality show.
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
deal wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Seems like just publicity. How the heck are they going to exposure playing overseas . His kids sitting on the bench in Europe is not going to cut it for their reality show.

I saw somewhere that in their contracts they're guaranteed 20-25 minutes of playing time.
boxesofboxes
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Lakers should play this Lithuanian team during next preseason.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

I feel bad for LaMelo. Kid is 16 and will never got to experience being big man on campus. Never get to attend a college party. He's arguably the most famous high school basketball player since LeBron and he's being shipped off from Marina Del Rey to Lithuania. Robbed of moments and experiences that are integral to any youth's development. It's really terrible.

Lavar has clearly done a lot right with his sons, but this is a major, major misstep.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

I feel bad for LaMelo. Kid is 16 and will never got to experience being big man on campus. Never get to attend a college party. He's arguably the most famous high school basketball player since LeBron and he's being shipped off from Marina Del Rey to Lithuania. Robbed of moments and experiences that are integral to any youth's development. It's really terrible.

Lavar has clearly done a lot right with his sons, but this is a major, major misstep.

College parties and inflated ego's are an integral part of youth development? Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject:

* LaMelo, LiAngelo Ball agree to one-year deals with first-division Lithuanian team

Quote:
LaMelo and LiAngelo Ball have turned pro, agreeing to one-year contracts with Vytautas Prienai in the first-division Lithuanian league, sources told Yahoo Sports.

LaMelo, 16, and LiAngelo Ball, 19, agreed to deals with Vytautas that will allow the two prospects to start their careers in a competitive professional league with a history of producing NBA players and focus on development. Both will report to the team in early January, sources told Yahoo Sports. LaMelo and LiAngelo — the younger brothers of Los Angeles Lakers starting point guard Lonzo Ball — began the process of exploring international deals last week.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-lamelo-liangelo-ball-agree-one-year-deals-first-division-lithuanian-team-224230655.html

Quote:
According to The Vertical, the Ball brothers signed one-year professional basketball deals with the Prienu Vytautas club in the Lithuanian league (LKL).

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/liangelo-lamelo-lavar-ball-sign-lithuanian-club-lkl-overseas-agent-ucla-china/1nrsk9hws5f3gz8ceaz00mbe1
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject:

Talk about incoming culture shock.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/clutchpointsapp/status/943560647383674880
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: